GDT: 11/5/13 - Calgary Flames @ Minnesota Wild - 7:00PM CST - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jongdo

Oct 23, 2013
Just one think, if Heatley keeps playing like this, where are you gonna put him? There is no room on top-6, Fontaine is playing just great on the third line.. He is getting desent minutes, so maybe he just stay on that fourth line?

Billy Mays Here*

Only 2 games in the next 7 days? Aw shiet.

Good, it'll give me some quality time with CoD Ghosts.

Was only able to catch the 3rd period on the radio after I got off work but it sounds like a solid overall performance from just about everyone. Turned on the game and it was 2-1 and I thought "oh boy, a low scoring game against the Flames, what a shocker" then suddenly we score two goals in under a minute, one of em' being Konopka and I couldn't help but muster a big smile.

INTOTHEVOID

Go right.
Jul 9, 2012
Minnesota
Good, it'll give me some quality time with CoD Ghosts.

Was only able to catch the 3rd period on the radio after I got off work but it sounds like a solid overall performance from just about everyone. Turned on the game and it was 2-1 and I thought "oh boy, a low scoring game against the Flames, what a shocker" then suddenly we score two goals in under a minute, one of em' being Konopka and I couldn't help but muster a big smile.

People playing any Call of Duty after 4...

0fLT03U.gif

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
bad news: ballard hurt

Oh god dammit.

Just one think, if Heatley keeps playing like this, where are you gonna put him? There is no room on top-6, Fontaine is playing just great on the third line.. He is getting desent minutes, so maybe he just stay on that fourth line?

Keep him where he's effective. For some reason the 4th line seems to suit him and suit him well. Its a god dam breath of fresh air to see him playing like that.

OpRedDawn*

Only 2 games in the next 7 days? Aw shiet.

should get some damn good practice and hopefully get everyone on the same page. The team definitely needs practice, as they've looked pretty damn sloppy

Foxlockbox

:laugh: is my period
Mar 22, 2011
Finland
should get some damn good practice and hopefully get everyone on the same page. The team definitely needs practice, as they've looked pretty damn sloppy

Of course its good for the team to get breaks, but Wild games are what keep me going atm :laugh:

OpRedDawn*

Ah. Yeah it's gonna be tough. More time to dwell on stuff too

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I have gamecenter so I've been watching games involving a lot of my fantasy players.

I am suddenly a Lightning fan and while I don't want the Jets to get too far, I want Kane and Enstrom to score a crapton of points.

Jongdo

Oct 23, 2013
I have gamecenter so I've been watching games involving a lot of my fantasy players.

I am suddenly a Lightning fan and while I don't want the Jets to get too far, I want Kane and Enstrom to score a crapton of points.

Ew, never like that Kane..

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I think it's awesome that Konopka finally got some reward for his hard work.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
I think it's awesome that Konopka finally got some reward for his hard work.

man what a great job the wild are doing lately. i know we wont win all our games but with strong effort your gonna win more than ya lose. whats going on with harding , is he on an AP diet? (superman). rolls dont last 4ever but dang this is fun!

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Wild were really sloppy last night, but then everything started going in during the third period.

I thought Koivu played his first really good game since about February or March of last season. He was taking shots and playing aggressive. Parise was kind of invisible until the third. Hopefully with Coyle on that line they continue to improve. Absolutely need the "top" line to be a factor every night and they looked the part.

Wild defense needs to settle down and get back to making good passes. A lot of turnovers.

Harding kept the team in it...he's just out of his mind right now.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I was sitting in front of a couple of those fans that love to yell "shoot" every time a Wild player touches the puck in the offensive zone. I'm hearing that more and more these days, seems like the thing to do. Problem is, most of the time, these fans have no idea what the hell they're talking about.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il

That fourth line has looked the best it ever has once he got put there (still weirds me out to think that).

I'd be inclined to just leave him there, at least for the time being. He's too slow for the third line, and barring injuries, the other lines are balanced pretty well right now.

Who knows if in 7 more games they still look that good, but for now, it ain't broke!

WildFinn*

USA could have a killer PP in the Olympics with Parise, Pominville and Suter as a core.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
It would be really nice to win pretty most nights but I'll take all the sloppy wins we can rack up. Once Brodin and Coyle are comfortable again we're going to start controlling and scoring. Hards might get bored back there though.

Bullrun

Jan 22, 2007

out of state this year I finally bought gamecenter...what an awesome purchase.

Granted I dont get NHLnet or NBCSN games but otherwise its been fantastic on the ipad. I'd pay double to have it include NHLnet, NBCSN and all playoff games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad