Not open for further replies.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Looking at the players' points right now, we have the following:

Parise projected for 41 goals and 72 points
Pominville projected for 52 goals and 62 points
Koivu projected for 57 points

Pominville likely won't break 50 goals. It's a stretch that he'll break 40. 35+30 would be fantastic, IMO. If Parise had a 40+40 season I would be happy. Koivu should hopefully end up around the 70 points range, if not higher.

Overall I think they're projecting up well. Kind of nice to see.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Calgary Flames coach Bob Hartley on tonights 5-1 win by the Minnesota Wild: “The goals they scored, you could have taped Roy, Belfour and Brodeur together, and we wouldn’t have won that game."

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
My take:

Good win tonight. It feels good to win games you're supposed to.

The top line played like an elite top line tonight. That last goal was just beautiful. The second line was sloppy for some reason. They weren't necessarily bad, just sloppy. Mitchell played bad tonight for some reason. He looked like the puck just kept getting away from him. The fourth was good and Z scored which was crazy.

The defense is struggling a bit. Scandella did not play that well tonight, and could not clear the zone on the PK. Brodin even struggled a bit. It's a good thing that Spurgeon came back as he had me worried for a bit. Suter was out there for what looked like most of the game. He played great, and at times was a calming influence.

Anyway, the Wild have to keep rolling. The west is going to be ridiculous this year to qualify for the playoffs.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Why is it that when they were playing their best hockey, they lost games. Yet now they start off games slow, turn pucks over like there's no tomorrow....yet they win?

Parise had a big grin on his face a lot tonight. Guy looked like he was having fun.

Did I see you dancing with Nordy behind the Wild net late in the 3rd period? I've never met you , but for some wierd reason I thought it was you.....

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Scandella did not play that well tonight, and could not clear the zone on the PK.

Honestly, I did not think those clears were his fault. Every time he tried they got a stick in his way or were pushing him at the time he was trying to clear. He didn't have much of a chance to get good wood on his clearing attempts.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
How did Coyle look.

I see he is part of a revamped pp. What line is he on..

no doubt you're going to get some "coyle is the reason that line was going" stuff but really: he's a passenger right now until he gets back into the swing of things. he's been out more than a few games but he'll pick it up as he gets more ice time.

Bullrun

Jan 22, 2007
Wilds scoring goals now! Very good because these standings are gonna be tight.

Coyle is going to take a few games to get back fully up to speed but was looking better this game then his first one back imo.

Granlund will start to bury those break aways...or he'll find pom pom pominville

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
no doubt you're going to get some "coyle is the reason that line was going" stuff but really: he's a passenger right now until he gets back into the swing of things. he's been out more than a few games but he'll pick it up as he gets more ice time.

He's not driving that line, but he's definitely helping it and not hurting it.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Heatley, looked good! Again! WTF?! But that's cool, I do like him and I hope he continues to play this way. He might have been one of my favorite players on the ice tonight. I can't believe he can play that way, but hasn't for some time. maybe this will spur him on.

Mitchel had an off game, but whatever, he's normally pretty consistent.

The confidence on our top line tonight was apparent and the results were great!

Second line seemed just a bit off compared to where they have been recently.

I do wish we would stop coming out slow for the first ten minutes though. We're going to get buried against a top-tier team if we do that.

Brodin needs to get rid of that bubble as soon as he can, it's definitely not helping his game...

Our d wasn't great tonight - kinda sloppy far too often. Suter player a decent game however.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Parise's face after scoring that last goal is priceless. Looks like a kid who just saw the presents under the tree on Christmas morning. :laugh:

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Did I see you dancing with Nordy behind the Wild net late in the 3rd period? I've never met you , but for some wierd reason I thought it was you.....
Nope. I wouldn't be dancing with Nordy. I'd have him in a headlock with some scissors cutting that stupid mullet of his. :nod:

youvegotit

Dec 10, 2011
Konopka scored and Heatley looked really good.

I don't know what's going on, but I like it. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad