GDT: 11/4/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
To be fair, they told us that Girardi would be an AHL defenseman and that Namestnikov was way better than Miller.

Girardi is partially hated over there because how he affected McDonagh who is pretty universally loved over there. Look how much work he does for us, inagune doing that on the rangers with giraridi

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The last two seasons he has played more than 50% of the time with mcdavid, that alone should disqualify him from comparison with Point. Away from mcdavid, he isn’t on Point’s level.

The way Point takes over in clutch situations isn't a coincidence either. When the game's on the line, is there anybody we'd rather see with the puck? So much confidence in him.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Classy responses in the GDT on the main board, guys. Real nice. SMH, get it together, we are an classiest fanbase and no lowly snes fans will make us look otherwise.
Lol my bad. I saw a few posts telling "kucherov to eat shit" so I felt inclined to rub it in their face. :nod:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm never going to get tired of watching this. I had the TSN feed with Randorf tonight -guy isn't bad actually

Sportsnet was high on Point all night, and last night vs. Montreal too. Word is slowly getting out.

Quick, JB! Sign this guy before the hockey media drives his pricetag up!

Reactions: Master P

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Sportsnet was high on Point all night, and last night vs. Montreal too. Word is slowly getting out.

I think they said they aren't going to worry about it till the offseason.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I with you, but I honestly don't have any hate for the sens or their fans. Teams like Boston or Detroit on the other hand.............
I like Detroit most of the time. That's just two playoff series so I dont really have real hate there. Similarly with the Bs.

I tend to hate irrelevant but loud fanbases more than loud but relevant.

Reactions: Master P

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

I know right? The crazy thing is they didn't even seem surprised that Point scored the tying goal.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I know right? The crazy thing is they didn't even seem surprised that Point scored the tying goal.

He's taken another step forward, IMO. He looks like a guy who's been playing for 10 years now. I wouldn't be shocked if we start seeing Selke recognition sooner rather than later, because his offensive numbers are going to demand attention for his overall game.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
He's taken another step forward, IMO. He looks like a guy who's been playing for 10 years now. I wouldn't be shocked if we start seeing Selke recognition sooner rather than later, because his offensive numbers are going to demand attention for his overall game.

Not that he was a Selke kind of player but you make the Yzerman comparison and I gotta say it's true. When he was out there it was like everything was going to be okay. Same with Point because he thinks the game so well and God is he tenacious

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Not that he was a Selke kind of player but you make the Yzerman comparison and I gotta say it's true. When he was out there it was like everything was going to be okay. Same with Point because he thinks the game so well and God is he tenacious

Yzerman won a Selke and was nominated for another, and top-5 in votes two more times. He was among the best 3-5 defensive forwards in the game in the latter half of his career. It's a big reason why I make the comparison so much.

Their skillsets are eerily similar. But it's really the way they think the game.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017

Yeah, they said that he's our best kept secret but he won't be that for long. And also that he'd finish his career with a couple of Selkes in his cabinet.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Watching the replay... I still dont know what Killorn was doing on the first goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad