GDT: 11/4/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Ducks grind out a point, just keeping pace until they get healthy.
Pretty much, i think thats a pretty huge point on b2b vs division rival, if they can stick around 500 or better until we get some of our big names bsck thatll be huge

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Preds nearly blew a lead last game, and they didn't have anything going all game. They got out played easily. They wont win many games or go far playing prevent Defense.

They played "prevent defense" because they had a 3-goal lead. Also, Laviolette asked them before the game to tighten up the defense in front of Saros, because the team let him down in his previous starts.

We have the worst back up in the league. That's why the Preds got a point. They never had anything going all game.

That worst backup still has two wins on the year, while the Preds' backup had none until tonight. He also gifted the Kings their second goal. It seems silly and being a bad loser to slam the other team when your team never led in the game, was at home and lost to a team playing its 3rd game in 4 nights.

Reactions: The Macho Man

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
They played "prevent defense" because they had a 3-goal lead. Also, Laviolette asked them before the game to tighten up the defense in front of Saros, because the team let him down in his previous starts.

That worst backup still has two wins on the year, while the Preds' backup had none until tonight. He also gifted the Kings their second goal. It seems silly and being a bad loser to slam the other team when your team never led in the game, was at home and lost to a team playing its 3rd game in 4 nights.

It's almost like you're saying that Kuemper carried the Kings to victory in the games we won. And oh so now we have to delve into Preds past games to justify the fact they played ass and won. Preds were lucky to win this game, Kuemper sucked. And we were easily the much better team.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Refs ignore an obvious stick to the face on a Wild player( Reilly), yet call a double minor on a stick to the face on a Hawks player. Resulting PP lead to the games only non empty net goal.

Maddening, and makes you wonder sometimes if money does change hands before a game. You can't tell me that none of the officials on the ice saw the stick hit Reilly's face ( he had the puck, and all alone), and him flinching, then hunching over?

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Preds nearly blew a lead last game, and they didn't have anything going all game. They got out played easily. They wont win many games or go far playing prevent Defense. We have the worst back up in the league. That's why the Preds got a point. They never had anything going all game.

They had a three-goal lead. That's something. Though I do agree that getting a lead and then seemingly going into prevent-mode is a bad idea longterm. Hopefully when Ellis is back that will change.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It's almost like you're saying that Kuemper carried the Kings to victory in the games we won. And oh so now we have to delve into Preds past games to justify the fact they played ass and won. Preds were lucky to win this game, Kuemper sucked. And we were easily the much better team.

I'm saying that there are other factors that you're ignoring so that you can believe that narrative. Your perspective is not the only one. It's obvious that you're sore about losing and are comforting yourself by taking it out on the Preds. There's no other reason to slam the other team as strongly as you did immediately after your team lost (perhaps in heartbreaking fashion, coming back in the game only to lose).

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Funny enough, that wasn't the first time we came back down 3 goals on the Preds only to lose in OT, but that game was 7-6. Always seems like a circus when we play them at home...or goes to OT at least. It's usually a strange game of fits and starts. We were playing pond hockey for a few stretches.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I'm saying that there are other factors that you're ignoring so that you can believe that narrative. Your perspective is not the only one. It's obvious that you're sore about losing and are comforting yourself by taking it out on the Preds. There's no other reason to slam the other team as strongly as you did immediately after your team lost (perhaps in heartbreaking fashion, coming back in the game only to lose).

Not necessarily, it hurt for sure, but I think any team that sits back for the majority of the game trying to play prevent defense, should lose.

I hated it when the Kings used to do it, and I hate it when teams do it. Preds got a huge lead essentially by nothing plays due to poor goaltending for the most part, while the Kings were all over them.

Any team that plays prevent defense is cowardly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad