GDT: 11-30-13: Flyers @ Preds - Saturday night's alright for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Time will tell. But if he comes back tue or thur you may need fries to go with those words.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Just got home. Thoughts on the night:

-Overall, not a bad game at all. Down Rinne, Weber, Klein, and Forsberg and we outshoot and largely outchance them. Not a bad showing IMO.

-Our PP was the worst I can remember seeing it tonight. Just...wow. Philly would clear it 5 times per PP. Just disgraceful.

-Best player for us tonight: Josi. I swear he never left the ice. Jumped into rushes and made some big defensive plays. He carries the puck up the ice as well as any defensemen I can remember us having, including Suter.

-Best forward: Wilson. A goal, a pipe, and a breakaway. Really looked like last year's Wilson.

-I didn't really notice Bartley, Ekholm, or Piskula, which is really all you can ask from those guys.

-Ellis still thinks he's in the OHL and plays at an OHL speed. He needs to figure out that NHLers are faster and stronger and stop getting clears blocked because he thinks he's back in juniors and can lightly tap it up the middle. I have a new whipping boy.

-Maz is the man.

-On one PP, we only had 4 on the ice for a solid 15 seconds. Not good by Trotz and co.

-Both of our goals were, frankly, weak ass five-hole shots. Not good by Mason.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Time will tell. But if he comes back tue or thur you may need fries to go with those words.

How so? YOU are the one making accusations without basis. YOU are the one who is making statements that show you do not know the extent of Weber's injury ... that YOU do not know if it altered consciousness, fractured a bone anywhere in his face to include cheek or orbital, if it involved the eye or not.

All any of us really know is that he took a hard shot to the face and left with blood dripping from what appeared to be near his eye. We don't know the true extent of his injury. We do not know if he's suffering from nothing worse than a severe bruise and swelling that makes playing hockey nearly impossible or if it is a broken bone or concussion. In that absence of information, any jump to accusation is based on ignorance ... a jump you gladly took.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Jeeze the point im making is that Weber is day to day with a similar injury. What I question is heart. Thorntion has it I feel sure of that. Now Webers injury may be worse than there projecting day to day. But if it is not worse the iot presents an issue that has been debated here over and over. If many would just think before blasting others here for there opinion you might see things a little different.

sorry byrd Ive taken your side a lot lately but there is no way you could know if its a "similar" injury… just because they are both around the eye doesn't at all mean they are similar.. the same apparent injury could be two shifts for one guy and a potential career ender for another

RomanEmpire

Feb 26, 2013
Nashville, TN
If he was out with a "bruised thumb" or something like that I'd completely understand you questioning his lack of heart. But seriously man he took a puck to the eye..a potential career ending injury and we have no clue how serious it is.

originalpredfan

Oct 27, 2013
just got home from the game myself and I have a question. I believe we've been involved in 3 or 4 shootouts this year and to my recollection we have yet to score a goal. Is this right ?

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Just got back home. Had fun until I knew we were headed to a SO. I hate SO's so much, especially ours.

Plus, I got stopped on the way home by a DUI checkpoint. Passed with flying colors as I didn't have anything to drink during the game. They asked me who won the game and I was on my way.

Also, bama lost. Which is good.

MrMariusz

Nov 13, 2007
Belgium
Wilson shouldve put the game away in OT.

Predators are absolutely terrible in the shootout, that has to change...

Really sucks to stay up so late, only to see your team lose in SO.

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
Considering how young the team we iced was last night I don't think it was a terrible game for us even if we probably should've won it. Wilson should've finished that break away in OT really and our shootout is just awful. Maz is still playing amazing thankfully. The young guns on D are going to develop still so there isn't too much to criticize on their play unless it becomes consistent mistakes. Really I just want to see more from our veteran forwards.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Keys to losing the game:

1. Absolutely horrible and lazy power play.
2. Star player Wilson didn't finish with several chances. Other teams have top 10 picks that finish when given those chances.
3. Might as well forfeit before going to a SO.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Piskula has played 11 career NHL games and is 27. His time is done. Please don't call him up.

Play a young guy and give him experience. Joonas Jarvinen.

Sick of this team. There's nothing exciting ever.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Piskula has played 11 career NHL games and is 27. His time is done. Please don't call him up.

Play a young guy and give him experience. Joonas Jarvinen.

Sick of this team. There's nothing exciting ever.

With Klein out 2 weeks and Weber out tomorrow, they need to call Jarvinen up.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Klein is lower body. Pretty sure hit in the ankle with a puck. Forsberg have no idea what his injury is as he initially got hurt in Milwaukee.

This was news to me. I don't remember Forsberg getting hurt. I have seen him playing in OTs and shoot outs for Milwaukee.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
This was news to me. I don't remember Forsberg getting hurt. I have seen him playing in OTs and shoot outs for Milwaukee.

Forsberg said he got injured in Milwaukee. May have not been serious at that point but he played 1 game here and hasn't since. Trotz said he knew there was something wrong with the way he played in that game. Can understand why he didn't say anything because it would've meant not getting called back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad