GDT: 11-30-13: Flyers @ Preds - Saturday night's alright for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Weber and Klein out tonight. Hornqvist skating in morning skate. Forsberg to IR to recall Joe Piskula from Milwaukee to play defense tonight.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
this will get ugly. we need to fire whoever gets this team conditioned and away from injuries. i get that they happen but injuries have been destroying us for a while.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
this will get ugly. we need to fire whoever gets this team conditioned and away from injuries. i get that they happen but injuries have been destroying us for a while.

a S & C coach was gonna toughen Weber's eye up right? He was also gonna make sure Pekka's hip was clean right? He was also gonna toughen up Josi's brain right? He was also gonna make Fisher's ankle bones stronger to withstand pucks right? He was gonna strengthen Hornquist's sternum too, right?

Point is, these are not random sprains and strains.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
No Weber or Klein. This is going to be bad. Everybody wanting to trade Ellis should look at this lineup and see why we can't trade a defenseman. I'm guessing Josi/Jones will be our 1st pair.

Josi/Jones
Bartley/Ellis
Ekholm/Pistula

What a defense this will be against Philly. Hopefully we get Hornqvist back at least. Maz is going to have to stand on his head or we score 7 goals.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.

5.5-6 oz of frozen vulcanized rubber traveling at high rates of speed cause damage when striking things like human bodies. No amount of conditioning prevents that. Pads can only mitigate it. But, let's blame the conditioning coach and training staff.

Hornqvist - Shea Weber shot to the body
Weber - Puck to face
Klein - several pucks off the foot and lower leg had him hobbling to the bench this season
Josi - shoulder to face
Rinne - bacterial infection

Where does conditioning help here?

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville

Weber's fault for not wearing a shield; he ought to pay back his salary cause it's his own da*n fault.

Klein blocks shots and takes pucks off the ankle - spose we could play the game with a tennis ball..... which would help Horny, too, so he didn't get hit with the puck screening goaltenders.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Wooooo - what is is, 3 rookies, 2 guys with about half-a-year, and the vet is a guy with a year-and-a-half manning the blueline - should be fun!

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
a S & C coach was gonna toughen Weber's eye up right? He was also gonna make sure Pekka's hip was clean right? He was also gonna toughen up Josi's brain right? He was also gonna make Fisher's ankle bones stronger to withstand pucks right? He was gonna strengthen Hornquist's sternum too, right?

Point is, these are not random sprains and strains.

yepp and ive thought the same thing for a long time. but ive yet to see a team get destroyed by injuries consistently as we have lately. id like to think its all just bad luck but doesn't seem that way. how many guys have we had out from shoulder injuries or a groin in the past year or two? seems pretty abundant. maybe you're right but im to the point where its getting out of hand.

jntarheels

Feb 20, 2013
Clarksville, TN
Just a couple game graphics.

[size=+3]What?[/size]
Game27_zps23890844.jpg

[size=+3]Where?[/size]
BridgestoneArena-Night_zpsde3357de.jpg

[size=+3]When?[/size]
7OClock_zps5a4a2b1d.gif

[size=+3]NashvillePredators.com Game Preview[/size]

[size=+3]Team Comparison:[/size]

TeamComparison_zps316cd8e2.jpg

TeamStatleaders_zpse4699375.jpg

cleangene63

Jan 25, 2006
Beautiful Bellevue
yepp and ive thought the same thing for a long time. but ive yet to see a team get destroyed by injuries consistently as we have lately. id like to think its all just bad luck but doesn't seem that way. how many guys have we had out from shoulder injuries or a groin in the past year or two? seems pretty abundant. maybe you're right but im to the point where its getting out of hand.

The long-time trainer was fired after last season because they "wanted to make a change" according to DP. I can only imagine what will happen to the new guy, as well as the folks at Vandy Medical. Hope that The Veteran Josi can lead the way tonight.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Strangely, I have a good feeling about tonight's game. Housley is used to coaching high school and junior level players, the guys respect the heck out of his resume, and there's no time to sit around and think about it really...just go out and perform.

Most of our guys (4 of 6) have very impressive resumes outside of the NHL. None are truly established within the league yet (Josi still has question marks and Jones is a rookie). All can step up their game and be counted upon to fill a void on an interim basis.

Consistency is what separates players in professional sports. The skills are all the same, it comes down to the ability of a player to execute those skills at the highest levels from shift to shift and ultimately game to game basis that determines whether your playing on the first pair, the second pair, or on the bottom pair and when your bouncing in and out of the lineup or sitting in the minors riding the bus you're not going to get anywhere unless you figure that out.

I have no doubt there will be mistakes tonight. Mistakes happen every night, if they didn't...we'd watch 0-0 games on a nightly basis. It's how quickly the players can adapt to their new roles and how quickly they can learn from and adjust based off of their own mistakes and the mistakes of others within the game.

Mazanec is going to have to give them a chance to win tonight, but he's elevated his game and I have faith he will do that. The offense is going to need to capitalize early and spot the team a couple of goals to allow them to play from ahead. And in the end, I think the defense will be fine tonight...

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
DT and watching the Iron Bowl. Don't like bama so go Barn. Looking forward to a Preds win tonight. For some strange reason I feel good about the game tonight.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Weber's fault for not wearing a shield; he ought to pay back his salary cause it's his own da*n fault.

Klein blocks shots and takes pucks off the ankle - spose we could play the game with a tennis ball..... which would help Horny, too, so he didn't get hit with the puck screening goaltenders.

If a visor would have helped or not is debatable. I haven't seen a good image that shows the angle of impact, exact point where the puck hit his face, etc. Maybe a visor absorbs the impact and Weber doesn't miss a shift, maybe it hits right below the shield and he winds up with the exact same injury, maybe it catches the bottom of the visor and slams Weber's face a little lower.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
If a visor would have helped or not is debatable. I haven't seen a good image that shows the angle of impact, exact point where the puck hit his face, etc. Maybe a visor absorbs the impact and Weber doesn't miss a shift, maybe it hits right below the shield and he winds up with the exact same injury, maybe it catches the bottom of the visor and slams Weber's face a little lower.

When asked whether the visor would have prevented the injury, coach Barry Trotz said, “I’m sure it would have, that’s what visors do, they protect guys, so I would probably say yes.â€

http://blogs.tennessean.com/predators/2013/11/30/shea-weber-and-the-visor-debate/

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
I missed what happened to forsberg and Klein?

Wish I could see the game tonight. It should be interesting.. :handclap:

Just saw that Wilson nystrom fisher line is broken up. Sigh.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Exciting 1st period. I was mad when Giroux scored but the Fisher goal was huge to tie it up. Guys got lots of jump tonight Good to see Hornqvist back. PP is inept without Weber. I don't know why Ekholm doesn't play on the PP instead of Cullen on the point. I always hated that 2nd unit.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Im sorry if its listed elsewhere but what is Klein's injury?

and for that matter what is Forsbergs injury thats been so long to get over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad