GDT: 11/3/13 Hawks vs Flames: The Roof, the Roof, the Roof is Slightly Aflame

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
:hawks vs :flames

Okay, I'm making two of these in consecutive days just a couple hours before puck drop? C'mon, guys. You don't want me making these, I suck.

For selfish reasons, I've always kind of sadly been disappointed that Giordano's never played for the Hawks, as that's just a team pizza promotion waiting to happen. Also, here's hoping that CSN Chicago accidentally labels Calgary as CAL, aub proceeds to complain about it, and then the channel will magically fix it to CGY, a la what happened yesterday with WGN changing the Jets from WIN to WPG midway through the first.

Anyway, to get back on topic, this is a game we should obviously win, but.... don't know who's starting in net for us. So we shall see.

Puck drop at "6:30."

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I was hoping to get some insight into the Hawks lineup tonight to add to our GDT, any ideas ladies and gents?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I think it'll be the same as yesterday, but don't think that the netminder has been announced yet.

So....

Patrick Sharp - Jonathan Toews - Marian Hossa
Brandon Saad - Brandon Pirri - Patrick Kane
Bryan Bickell - Andrew Shaw - Jeremy Morin
Brandon Bollig - Marcus Kruger - Ben Smith

Duncan Keith - Brent Seabrook
Johnny Oduya - Niklas Hjalmarsson
Nick Leddy - Sheldon Brookbank

.... probably.

JSmith81x

Your weapon is guilt
Dec 20, 2002
Visit site
Should be mostly right ...

CALGARY FLAMES

Sven Bärtschi | Sean Monahan | Jiří Hudler
T.J. Galiardi | Joe Colborne | Mike Cammalleri
Curtis Glencross | Matt Stajan | David Jones
Tim Jackman | Mikael Backlund | Brian McGrattan

Kris Russell | Dennis Wideman
Chris Butler | T.J. Brodie
Derek Smith | Shane O'Brien

Reto Berra
Karri Rämö

PP1: Jones, Monahan, Hudler - Bärtschi, Brodie
PP2: Glencross, Colborne, Cammalleri - Russell, Wideman

PK1: Stajan, Galiardi - Butler, Brodie
PK2: Backlund, Glencross - Russell, Wideman

inj: Christopher Breen
inj: Mark Giordano
inj: Lee Stempniak
scr: Lance Bouma
scr: Chad Billins
wai: Joey MacDonald

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

Patrick Sharp | Jonathan Toews | Marián Hossa
Brandon Saad | Brandon Pirri | Patrick Kane
Bryan Bickell | Andrew Shaw | Jeremy Morin
Brandon Bollig | Marcus Krüger | Ben Smith

Duncan Keith | Brent Seabrook
Johnny Oduya | Niklas Hjalmarsson
Nick Leddy | Sheldon Brookbank

Corey Crawford
Николай Хабибулин

PP1: Shaw, Toews, Kane - Keith, Sharp
PP2: Pirri, Saad, Hossa - Leddy, Seabrook

PK1: Kruger, Saad - Oduya, Hjalmarsson
PK2: Toews, Hossa - Keith, Brookbank

inj: Michal Handzuš
inj: Michael Kostka
inj: Brad Mills
scr: Michal Rozsíval

Last edited:

Nothingman*

I would do one or two but I am inept at posting gifs and pictures so……. If someone would tell me how I would do one or two.

Kaner Coffee

Anna for Hart Trophy
Jul 2, 2011
Chicago
Should be mostly right ...

CALGARY FLAMES

Sven Bärtschi | Sean Monahan | Jiří Hudler
T.J. Galiardi | Joe Colborne | Mike Cammalleri
Curtis Glencross | Matt Stajan | David Jones
Tim Jackman | Mikael Backlund | Brian McGrattan

Kris Russell | Dennis Wideman
Chris Butler | T.J. Brodie
Derek Smith | Shane O'Brien

Reto Berra
Karri Rämö

How does this team have wins?!?!?!?

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Dear Hawks, please chase Reto Berra. I only have 3/4 starts in my Yahoo league, so I picked up Ramo last night before Berra was confirmed.

Kaner Coffee

Anna for Hart Trophy
Jul 2, 2011
Chicago
We have played maybe 1 or 2 games this season where we didn't outwork our opponent by a large margin

This is one of those BS cliches that can't be proved or disproved, so fans irrationally cling to this idea to convince themselves that the team they root for is noble and "plays the right way".

XeO

Dec 10, 2011
The flames are a hard working team, that buys in (mostly). How are Seabrook and keith playing right now? good? bad?

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
This is one of those BS cliches that can't be proved or disproved, so fans irrationally cling to this idea to convince themselves that the team they root for is noble and "plays the right way".

As a fan watching this team since '81, it is absolutely true. The biggest annoyance about the Flames since the '04 'magic run' was their efforts. They took entire games off, not just periods or shifts. I haven't seen this consistent of an effort since the year Calgary made the finals nearly a decade ago.

Besides, how else do you explain it? This team is not very talented. 'Deep' (relatively) on the forwards, but no high-end talent or game-breakers. They are just finding a way to win by the sheer will of it.

Should be a fun game to watch. Flames are very aggressive on the forecheck and backcheck, and have a lot of speed. Chicago will win it unless they have a 'let-down' game or take them too lightly. Will be fun to watch anyways (unless Chicago decides to blow us out.. those are never fun to watch as a fan of the team getting blown out).

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Except Calgary is a team built around players that work hard? Do Edmonton or Buffalo fans have a realistic claim to this? I don't know about "outplaying other teams by a large margin", but I'd certainly believe Calgary doesn't get outworked often.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Do you have another explanation for as your fellow Hawk fan called us "probably the least talented team in hockey" carrying the play for almost the entire game in every game?

Work ethic can be seen, you may not be able to quantify it but you can clearly see it.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Craw is starting.

Thank god. I know we need to let Khabibulin start and sort his situation out one way or snother, but we have now just started to build momentum and really need to see that continue. Crawford has been great his last 3 games, would be nice to see him continue this and build confidence.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Good to hear. Not sure who we'll start Khabibulin against if we're not going to do so in the second of a back-to-back game against a fairly weak team, though.

Hope he can just get out of his funk or whatever before we really need him when Crow needs his downtime in the final stretches of the season.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Good to hear. Not sure who we'll start Khabibulin against if we're not going to do so in the second of a back-to-back game against a fairly weak team, though.

Hope he can just get out of his funk or whatever before we really need him when Crow needs his downtime in the final stretches of the season.
it makes sense IMO, if Khabby is struggling playing the Flames might not be ideal for him since hey have more or less owned him in his last 7 against the Flames.

Nothingman*

I would think we will see Khabby by next weekend when we have our next b2b. With a couple days between our next game Wed. I think Craw will be in for the next three including today.

Retail1LO*

Dear Hawks, please chase Reto Berra. I only have 3/4 starts in my Yahoo league, so I picked up Ramo last night before Berra was confirmed.

If Ramo comes in after Berra gets chased....you still won't get a start.

Canadian Wampa

Feb 1, 2012
Actually feels pretty good to see the Flames work hard every night and get wins, as oppose to the Oilers, with all of their talent, still losing game after game. Sometimes those intangibles matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad