GDT: 11/29/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Buffalo vs Tampa Bay

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018

I like it, I think over the last few games we saw the Stamkos line missing speed. Before with Kuch, at least there was a creative way for zone entry. With Miller and Gourde and Stamkos it was always chip and chase. Gourde could chase but he was busy playing defense to chase. With Joseph on the line it gives it a brute force way to get out of the zone. That line needed an injection of either speed or creativity, and I am happy to see Joseph jump in.

4th line could be a shutdown line.

I think Palat on the fourth line is going to work like Miller on the Fourth. Too good to be down there, but can still play in the situation. Sucks to see Erne get pushed out. Guy has been too good to have to sit. Sucks for him, but not necessarily a bad problem to have. His time has certainly increased his value to us and to the league.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Erne is so much better than Callahan at this point that sitting him is a bit ridiculous. There better be a trade coming where we dump Callahan because we can't just sit Erne for the entire year.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I like it, I think over the last few games we saw the Stamkos line missing speed. Before with Kuch, at least there was a creative way for zone entry. With Miller and Gourde and Stamkos it was always chip and chase. Gourde could chase but he was busy playing defense to chase. With Joseph on the line it gives it a brute force way to get out of the zone. That line needed an injection of either speed or creativity, and I am happy to see Joseph jump in.

I think Palat on the fourth line is going to work like Miller on the Fourth. Too good to be down there, but can still play in the situation. Sucks to see Erne get pushed out. Guy has been too good to have to sit. Sucks for him, but not necessarily a bad problem to have. His time has certainly increased his value to us and to the league.

I think we're mainly prepping Erne for next year, kind of like Cernak. We're gonna see some rollover, and it looks like we have the pieces to make it smooth. We probably won't have Miller next year. So having Erne be capable of 35 points is going to help. But as of this year, we're just too stacked for him to have a big impact, and, unfortunately for him, he's gonna have to sit sometimes.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Erne is so much better than Callahan at this point that sitting him is a bit ridiculous. There better be a trade coming where we dump Callahan because we can't just sit Erne for the entire year.

I think they're kind of the same. Callahan's been really good lately, for his role.

Reactions: Maelmoor

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
I think they're kind of the same. Callahan's been really good lately, for his role.

Maybe it's just me but he looks so damn slow out there. Erne does things for us offensively but other than the lucky goal every now and then Callahan just doesn't offer much in that regard.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Maybe it's just me but he looks so damn slow out there. Erne does things for us offensively but other than the lucky goal every now and then Callahan just doesn't offer much in that regard.

Erne has decent speed for his size, but Callahan might actually beat him in a foot race. It'd be close. Callahan still skates pretty well, I think. It's his hands that he's lost.

But really, offense is the last thing we should be worried about. We're the highest scoring team in the league, but we have Domingue in net. I think Cally over Erne is the right choice at this particular moment.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
McDonagh + Hedman is just kind of sick, when you think about it. Not really fair. Then you have Point and Kucherov, and sometimes Stamkos. I think McDonagh could probably be labeled a low level franchise player. So we likely have four of those when most teams are looking for a second.

Reactions: Denny Little

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
McDonagh + Hedman is just kind of sick, when you think about it. Not really fair. Then you have Point and Kucherov, and sometimes Stamkos. I think McDonagh could probably be labeled a low level franchise player. So we likely have four of those when most teams are looking for a second.
Plus that Wesalivskji dude

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

L8nitebreakfast

Nov 2, 2018
Yeah. McDonagh is the real deal. Dick’s sporting goods was selling his jersey for $199. Then they ran that 25% off sale for Black Friday or whatever. I snatched it up for $150. Honestly don’t think we’d be any better off with Karlsson instead of McDonagh.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
That first line certainly looks interesting, intrigued to see how they get on tonight.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
source.gif

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I LOVE Joseph on the first line. That gives us a fast nasty forecheck and a chance to keep the cows, er Buffalo in their own zone. Let's do it boys. I am pumped!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad