GDT: 11/29/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Buffalo vs Tampa Bay

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Surge has been getting a fair share of flack but he played a great game tonight. Pac was the man. Gourde showed what he does best on those pks. Domingue needs a rest

Aside from a game or two, Serge has been okay for about 15 games now. Not great, not even overly good, but I agree he had a good one tonight, and has been trending upward for a bit now. I still think this is going to be considered a sophomore jinx season though. He can't quite get in sync offensively the way we saw (in glimpses) last year.

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
Unless old habits in our locker room died we're going to get killed tonight. I'm expecting beyond Game 7 level effort from Buffalo and us to do the impression of a big sleeping dog being harassed by a puppy. I hope I'm wrong. I hope we take it as a personal challenge and as a potential playoff preview should we both make it.

The only other thing is I DO NOT want to see Palat back tonight. If we're going to win it's not going to be with a guy who is probably rusty and unlikely to be at his best because he hasn't played in so long. One more game off isn't gonna kill him.

This can and will get ugly in a hurry. Domingue is going to have to be lights out

Glad you were wrong on all 3 points.

Reactions: The Macho Man

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Absolutely dominated them in the faceoff circle (62%) and shot department (37 to 22).

But Dom's a sieve. Get well soon Vasy, can't expect to score 4-5 goals each game to have a chane to win. With decent goaltending it could have easily been a 4-1 or 5-2 win.

Also, Sabres fans blame the 'bad ice'? They do know that 'bad ice' for the Sabres also means 'bad ice' for the Lightning, right?

Last edited:

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Absolutely dominated them in the faceoff circle (62%) and shot department (37 to 22).

But Dom's a sieve. Get well soon Vasy, can't expect to score 4-5 goals each game to have a chane to win. With decent goaltending it could have easily been a 4-1 or 5-2 win.

Also, Sabres fans blame the 'bad ice'? They do know that 'bad ice' for the Sabres also means 'bad ice' for the Lightning, right?
Yeah, can't wait to get Vasy back. Dom makes great saves but he lets in goals that are softer than butter. He also gets just flat out beat on a lot of shots. He's fine as a backup but he can't carry the load of the starter.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Yeah, can't wait to get Vasy back. Dom makes great saves but he lets in goals that are softer than butter. He also gets just flat out beat on a lot of shots. He's fine as a backup but he can't carry the load of the starter.
His side-to-side movement is shaky at times, it's really worrying. Can't remember which Sabres goal, but his push was super slow and choppy. After it (he overcommitted) he barely kept his balance, recovered just in time but then let in a harmless shot from near the blueline.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Just wanted to say I love Cirelli he went straight up to that freakin' star player for not his autograph but to stand up for his teammate. I've seen that before. He's a rookie and he's already so involved.

So no Strals yet and Dom was abandoning the net last night?
I will follow suit and give myself a break if McDaddy won't be back soon.:Psort of tired of seeing players getting injured.
I'm almost certain now that either or both Point and Kuch will automatically score and the young ones keep doing well.

Good job beating Sabres.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The Sabres have been good recently but honestly this game isn't even close with Vasy in net. And as I mentioned before the game there is certainly some luck involved when you win 7 OT/SO games in a row.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Will Cooper be brave enough and give Ingram a start on Saturday? seemed like last night Dom struggled for most parts of the game.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Hes overly aggressive on angles and slow side to side. He gives up rebounds like he is an obstacle in a pinball machine. He seems incapable of swallowing a puck.

Hes a backup and I get that he doesn't have to be Vasi, but let's put it out there - he hasnt even been a particularly good backup. Is he sub .900 right now? If it's not Lindback bad it's at least Garon.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Will Cooper be brave enough and give Ingram a start on Saturday? seemed like last night Dom struggled for most parts of the game.

I'd say it's highly unlikely. After Bishop's injury a few years ago Cooper started Vasy without fail and without deviation no matter how bad it got.

LMFAO I remember people wanting him fired for that too because he wouldn't throw some hapless AHL rookie in the fire instead as if it was a better idea. I'd like to say it was Ingram at the time time.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Hes overly aggressive on angles and slow side to side. He gives up rebounds like he is an obstacle in a pinball machine. He seems incapable of swallowing a puck.

Hes a backup and I get that he doesn't have to be Vasi, but let's put it out there - he hasnt even been a particularly good backup. Is he sub .900 right now? If it's not Lindback bad it's at least Garon.
Yeah his rebound control is terribad.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'd say it's highly unlikely. After Bishop's injury a few years ago Cooper started Vasy without fail and without deviation no matter how bad it got.

LMFAO I remember people wanting him fired for that too because he wouldn't throw some hapless AHL rookie in the fire instead as if it was a better idea. I'd like to say it was Ingram at the time time.

You keep pretending this team hasn't had coaching issues over the years, as if we haven't fired every single assistant and associate coach Cooper has ever had, and as if every single one of those changes didn't improve things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad