GDT: 11/28/2015 | Wild vs Stars - 7PM Central / 3AM Suomi - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
Yeah, I'm hoping he hasn't come back too early.

Fontaine, OTOH, looked pretty good.

Yeah he didn't look like he was any worse for the wear.

Mr. do-it-all plays the kind of game that's essential on how far we can get this season.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I wasn't a big Fontaine fan, but now I know what we have down in Iowa, he's starting to look better and better. He doesn't do any one thing that wows you, but he's a smart player who plays a decent defensive game and has decent offensive chops. For what he is getting paid he's a bargain.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I wasn't a big Fontaine fan, but now I know what we have down in Iowa, he's starting to look better and better. He doesn't do any one thing that wows you, but he's a smart player who plays a decent defensive game and has decent offensive chops. For what he is getting paid he's a bargain.

I think his biggest asset is the PK. As of November 21st, (couldn't find new data) the team with Fontaine was 84.2% on the kill. Without the Fonz, they were 67.9%.

That is fairly eye opening, IMO.

Source is this: http://www.startribune.com/wild-s-zucker-is-back-parise-awaits-doctor-s-ok-for-contact/352839121/

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I think his biggest asset is the PK. As of November 21st, (couldn't find new data) the team with Fontaine was 84.2% on the kill. Without the Fonz, they were 67.9%.

That is fairly eye opening, IMO.

Source is this: http://www.startribune.com/wild-s-zucker-is-back-parise-awaits-doctor-s-ok-for-contact/352839121/

To be fair, the article doesn't tell what the sample size is, and since it's based only on this season, I'd argue that it could stand to be a bit bigger. Probably that huge disparity in that stat is attributable to that small sample size, and the fact that the PK was built with him in it, and they had to scramble things up with him out, putting players in positions they typically aren't in.

That said, I agree with most that Fontaine is underpaid. The guy does nothing exceptionally, but everything well. A perfect middle-six player.

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013
As he should.

Yep.. don't give him a chance to get his legs under him for a game or two or give him some sheltered minutes in a actual game to really check the dang thing out, throw him right under the bus and get him banged around good. What happens , happens...lol

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013

Yep.. don't give him a chance to get his legs under him for a game or two or give him some sheltered minutes in a actual game to really check the dang thing out, throw him right under the bus and get him banged around good. What happens , happens...lol

I don't think we have done that for any top-6 player when they have returned from an injury. If he says that he is ready to play, let him play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad