GDT: 11/28/15 - 7:00PM EDT - New York Islanders VS Tampa Bay

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
This road trip will tell our playoff fate

Nothing to be excited about but I'd expect a big push back from Anaheim considering TB embarassing them. We always have a hard time even scoring against San Jose so there's that. We struggle against the kings and Bish stole the last meeting. It could be 3 more losses.

Hopefully we pull away with 3 points cause if we lose another 3 in a row, extending this streak, this seas on can slip away before Christmas.

Still not hitting the panic button until game 41, if this team hasn't done a 180 by then, then I'm all for moving a couple players.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Do you fire your baseball manager when your aces are losing every night despite only giving up 2 runs a game while your leadoff (Drouin), cleanup hitter (Johnson) and #5 hitter (Palat) are all out with injuries and you can't score a run to save your life?

I've been a Rays fan since 2009 and watched a team that couldn't score more than 2 runs a game fully healthy and meanwhile Joe Maddon has won his 3 MOTY and this time in the NL. It's made me needlessly patient in a situation like this.

I'm the most vocal coach killer you will EVER see and even though I wanna break Cooper's neck about the PP and PK, I'm not gonna blame him while all the "go" pieces of the offense sit on the injured reserve another week. We can't score 5 on 5 to save our life!

I'm getting pissed too but it's more directed at our unwillingness to shuffle a struggling roster that's going to experience turnover anyway in an effort to salvage the season.

Did you miss the part of the season where those guys were in the lineup and we still sucked? Kind of a cop-out to use the ole "injuries" excuse when we played like **** with those guys in too.

Johnson 11 points in 21 games
Drouin 6 points in 14 games
Palat 7 points in 16 games
The "GO" pieces aren't exactly having good years either, and you were the one vocally expressing the benching of Johnson earlier this year.

Wonder why all of our offensive players are doing so bad? hmm maybe it's the system, who designs that again?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Having functional special teams would go a long way to fixing this team.

0/4 on our PP. Isles went 2/3. There's the game right there.

I don't understand our PK at all. You seem most teams are so aggressive on the PK. The forwards will skate out and pressure the pointmen and the puck carrier along the half wall, but we don't do that. We stay back in a diamond shell. Fine, keep everything to the outside and keep the slot and crease clear. Nope, we allow cutters and crashers unhindered access to whatever spot they want. If you're going to go into a shell, you HAVE to keep everything outside! You can't give them the time and space to do whatever they want!

Everyone on this team just doesn't want to get their nose a little dirty and play some ****ing hockey.

This is what makes no sense about our PK, I understand their strategy by attempting to keep everything to the outside and play an "efficient" PK, but with the speed on this team why the hell aren't we using that as the main PK weapon? I cringe when I see a guy like Johnson playing the shell strategy.

I think it was LA we played that completely emarassed our PP by pretty much running up to our guys and pressuring them into making stupid passes. Another thing is that our PP is the like the only one in the league that doesn't have someone drifting into the slot for a shot, we seem love taking our shots from the perimiter.

No one player is going to fix this PK, DeAngelo isn't the solution either which is why I didn't agree with people thinking PP was going to get better just by putting "TKO+Stamkos" out there as the 1st unit. The system is flawed.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Be the better team for 60 minutes.
Give up two ridiculously bad goals (and a legit one).
Lose.

#TBHockey

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Do you fire your baseball manager when your aces are losing every night despite only giving up 2 runs a game while your leadoff (Drouin), cleanup hitter (Johnson) and #5 hitter (Palat) are all out with injuries and you can't score a run to save your life?

I've been a Rays fan since 2009 and watched a team that couldn't score more than 2 runs a game fully healthy and meanwhile Joe Maddon has won his 3 MOTY and this time in the NL. It's made me needlessly patient in a situation like this.

I'm the most vocal coach killer you will EVER see and even though I wanna break Cooper's neck about the PP and PK, I'm not gonna blame him while all the "go" pieces of the offense sit on the injured reserve another week. We can't score 5 on 5 to save our life!

I'm getting pissed too but it's more directed at our unwillingness to shuffle a struggling roster that's going to experience turnover anyway in an effort to salvage the season.

Meh dude, we were not scoring when everyone was healthy. Seen the efforts from players, but it's not good enough. it's actually not enjoyable watching this team anymore and coming on here to try and discuss what the hell is wrong.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
Meh dude, we were not scoring when everyone was healthy. Seen the efforts from players, but it's not good enough. it's actually not enjoyable watching this team anymore and coming on here to try and discuss what the hell is wrong.

Didn't you get the memo? There's nothing wrong. If just keep playing like we have 'the points will come.' That last bit was pull directly from Coop's post-game presser full of his greatest hits. The level of denial is disturbing.

I agree, though. This team is not fun to watch.
:shakehead

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
"I think I talked a lot about our month of November and we played pretty well," Lightning coach Jon Cooper said.

Yeah, whatever Coop.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Didn't you get the memo? There's nothing wrong. If just keep playing like we have 'the points will come.' That last bit was pull directly from Coop's post-game presser full of his greatest hits. The level of denial is disturbing.

I agree, though. This team is not fun to watch.
:shakehead

Must of been a fun intoxicating night for you last night, huh? lol.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
This is what makes no sense about our PK, I understand their strategy by attempting to keep everything to the outside and play an "efficient" PK, but with the speed on this team why the hell aren't we using that as the main PK weapon? I cringe when I see a guy like Johnson playing the shell strategy.

I think it was LA we played that completely emarassed our PP by pretty much running up to our guys and pressuring them into making stupid passes. Another thing is that our PP is the like the only one in the league that doesn't have someone drifting into the slot for a shot, we seem love taking our shots from the perimiter.

No one player is going to fix this PK, DeAngelo isn't the solution either which is why I didn't agree with people thinking PP was going to get better just by putting "TKO+Stamkos" out there as the 1st unit. The system is flawed.

Yeah - at some point level of talent on a PP =/= success of a PP. It's about puck movement and getting open looks, not loading up with talent. That's why the PP lines don't bother me that much - it doesn't matter who's out there.

I mean ****, TKO looked better 5 on 5 last season than they did on the PP. Why would you coach out their swarming, hard to keep up movement when they actually have a man advantage? But instead - we have no movement - we keep the puck to the perimeter and try to set up the same shot over and over again. We have to have one of the easiest power plays to defend in the league.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
"I think I talked a lot about our month of November and we played pretty well," Lightning coach Jon Cooper said.

Yeah, whatever Coop.

I think the most positive thought I had about the team during the entire month of November was "They scored more than a single goal today. They don't suck as much as usual."

I would literally never even with an empty bottle of vodka next to me say they played well this month

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I think the most positive thought I had about the team during the entire month of November was "They scored more than a single goal today. They don't suck as much as usual."

I would literally never even with an empty bottle of vodka next to me say they played well this month

Pretty much. If Cooper really thinks that and he isn't just saying that to the media.. no one should be content with the suckage this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00