GDT: 11/26/14 - 7:30PM EDT - Martin St. Louis' return to Tampa Bay

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
It's a Lightning jersey. St. Louis' name may be on it, but it's a Lightning jersey.

We're going to come out of this game looking like *******s. Being pissed is one thing. Booing is one thing. Throwing **** on the ice is ****ing stupid.

The only thing thrown on the ice should be hats after Stamkos decides to go on a tear.

BohemianRhandomly

Nov 3, 2014
Section 128
Can't get on board with throwing of jerseys. Nope.

It's one thing to boo. That's entirely expected and I think no one will be surprised if the arena erupts in booing at the appropriate time. But to toss anything onto the ice is crossing the line from expressing oneself at a betrayal into something akin to a tantrum. And I hope people won't do it.

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa
Tom-Cruise-crazy-laugh.gif

I can't wait.. has anyone used student rush before? how fast do they sell out? how early should I get there to wait in line?
thanks
im also curious about this.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I hope that people won't throw things on the ice (unless it's hats) it just feels wrong because it's still Bolts jerseys but also becuase if it's done during the wrong time like during the actual game it might be distracting for our team and risk ruining a good play. Besides haven't Toronto decided that they would look at videos of who had thrown the jerseys up there and they would be fined? Though I don't know if it's possible but I feel that we're classier then doing something that could give our whole fanbase and team a bad name.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Yeah don't throw jerseys on the ice. Incredibly disrespectful to Vinik, who honestly we couldn't ask for a better owner. Boo the hell out of him. Oh and btw, I hope his jersey never gets retired here. Vinny, sure. Brad, maybe. St.louis? **** him, if you turn your back to the club like he did, you shouldn't have that honor then. Its for players that's proud of their tenure In my honest opinion.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Yeah don't throw jerseys on the ice. Incredibly disrespectful to Vinik, who honestly we couldn't ask for a better owner. Boo the hell out of him. Oh and btw, I hope his jersey never gets retired here. Vinny, sure. Brad, maybe. St.louis? **** him, if you turn your back to the club like he did, you shouldn't have that honor then. Its for players that's proud of their tenure In my honest opinion.

It's going to be hard to not retire his number eventually. But I think it's going to be at least 5 seasons post-retirement.

He'll be in the hall before he'll be in the rafters.

DracoFulmineus

Out in a storm
Dec 7, 2005
with a steel pole
Glad to be the fun police if it's against petty *****es who want to disrupt a game and disrespect the franchise by throwing something on home ice.

Yeah, I have a feeling that someone is going to do something that embarrasses the whole fanbase on Wednesday. I'd like to think we're better than Philly fans.

BrewBot13

Nov 23, 2014
Lakeland Florida
Pretty sure Marty's # gets retired eventually too. The way he left though it's a weird situation to make a call on it.

If people throw their $160 jerseys out there that is just moronic:laugh:

BohemianRhandomly

Nov 3, 2014
Section 128
Will let the guys on the ice handle it. What's most important about that game is winning it.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see Marty get a healthy dose of Gudas though.

tumblr_n6n2j092OG1qa582to3_r1_500_zpscrdtfwba.gif

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
I could get married for 10 years and get 10 good years from my wife, but the second she cheats on me I don't care how good those 10 years were. Sometimes the final actions of a person wipe out what they did for you before, as in the case of St. Louis. Yes, he did a lot for our franchise, but he also turned his back and bolted on us when we needed him.

I'll be there booing. Loudly.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
I could get married for 10 years and get 10 good years from my wife, but the second she cheats on me I don't care how good those 10 years were. Sometimes the final actions of a person wipe out what they did for you before, as in the case of St. Louis. Yes, he did a lot for our franchise, but he also turned his back and bolted on us when we needed him.

I'll be there booing. Loudly.

I'm going to piggy back on this and change the analogy a bit. If it came out that your spouse had inoperable cancer and you wanted to have a child but you only had a couple of child-bearing years left, the husband probably would say "I understand" and let you go, sad but understanding of the circumstances. The way Marty left it was more like the wife found out the husband sprained his ankle, and decided that she couldn't bear the responsibility of taking care of someone who is having trouble with stairs for a couple of weeks.

Or something like that.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
I'm not for or against people throwing a Marty jersey onto the ice during a stoppage in play. Its not like anyone would misinterpret what is obviously a showing of dislike toward Marty for a dislike for the organization.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I loved MSL, I would not boooo him, but the way he has handled everything... he deserves the booooooooos

And a four goal game by Stamkgod

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
I'm not for or against people throwing a Marty jersey onto the ice during a stoppage in play. Its not like anyone would misinterpret what is obviously a showing of dislike toward Marty for a dislike for the organization.

But but but the fun police said noooooo :cry:

Throw a Team Canada jersey on the ice.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Ugh this makes me so furious. I'm just as pissed at Marty as everyone else but we are talking about the greatest (until Stamkos does it otherwise) to ever play for us. Hate on but damn it show some respect. How many games did he win us by himself? How many countless memories did he give us? How much joy did it bring when he alone was worth the price of admission? Let's not forget the Stanley Cup.

LEAVE MARTY ALONE!!! HE'S A HUMAN BEING! YOU'RE LUCKY HE EVEN PLAYED FOR YOU ********!!!!!!!!!

/girlish whining /rant /sensitive emotions towards MSL

Matthew Carle

Nov 4, 2014
Finland
Ah so, respect; takes years to gain but only seconds to lose.. Even though MSL ****ed us up, I still remember what he has done for us during the many years. Man made his choice now, still wouldn't boo him and certainly NOT throw a ****ing jersey of my team on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad