BvQGtXj.png

pq3lOTZ.png

RlQDYzR.png

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Are they doing a video tribute to him Wednesday?

I have no idea. I saw the tweet posted above, but I'm not sure how true that is. It'd be the classy thing to do, but if they're sensing the majority of the fanbase is just going to boo him, then it's pointless to do it. The vibe I'm getting is it won't be a welcoming crowd, but I guess we'll see.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I'm kind of split on what to do on Wednesday, on one hand I want him to know that we're not happy with what he did but on the other hand I don't want the boo's to become some kind of motivator for him or the rangers. I also think that maybe cheering for our team will have a bigger effect on him than booing him becuase it would show him that he is of no importance to us anymore and we have moved on. If it was me I would make a sign that said "Thanks Marty for Callahan and the two 1st rounders" and then cheer for our team the whole night but I also understand those who will boo. It's going to be interesting to see how it will play out.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm kind of split on what to do on Wednesday, on one hand I want him to know that we're not happy with what he did but on the other hand I don't want the boo's to become some kind of motivator for him or the rangers. I also think that maybe cheering for our team will have a bigger effect on him than booing him becuase it would show him that he is of no importance to us anymore and we have moved on. If it was me I would make a sign that said "Thanks Marty for Callahan and the two 1st rounders" and then cheer for our team the whole night but I also understand those who will boo. It's going to be interesting to see how it will play out.

Well, leave it in these guys hands who are the tenured fans. Last Monday was my little showdown, glad it's over, just moving on now and just hope we get a win. I won't even be watching that 3rd game on Dec 1st will be at the Dolphins and Jets game, but I'll be watching Wed.

Last edited:

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
The boos will rain down. Just let it happen. I want a PGDT started now for Wednesday. It's finally here.

DracoFulmineus

Out in a storm
Dec 7, 2005
with a steel pole
I have no idea. I saw the tweet posted above, but I'm not sure how true that is. It'd be the classy thing to do, but if they're sensing the majority of the fanbase is just going to boo him, then it's pointless to do it. The vibe I'm getting is it won't be a welcoming crowd, but I guess we'll see.

I was up in 307 tonight, and they certainly won't be welcoming. It really makes me sad. That man contributed SO MUCH to this club. His requesting a trade was terribly disappointing, but that's such a small part of his time in Tampa. I would LOVE to see a tribute video.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Are they doing a video tribute to him Wednesday?

i sure hope not, glad to hear some fans already chanting, thats a good sign.

I wanna go but feel like my emotions will be running too high, especially if Marty gets a warm welcoming.

Last edited:

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo

He needs to know, it will somehow help the healing process.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
If they do a video tribute, I will do exactly what M-4rty did to us. I will turn my back and stay silent. If he scores I will boo, when he gets hit I will cheer.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Of course they did. Marty's whole history with our club has apparently been erased. The irony is that the people that call Marty a whiny baby for asking for a trade are the ones thrashing about like whiny babies.

No.

If anyone "forgot" Game 6, it was Martin St. Louis himself. We the fans haven't forgotten what he's done for this franchise. He has. He turned his back on everything we gave him, over what? A disagreement with his boss over something totally unrelated to the Lightning. He was a legend. The fans gave him everything. And he threw it all in our faces.

That's why 99% of the Lightning fanbase doesn't like him anymore. Because he didn't care enough about us. If it happened in the offseason, ok, fine. But don't quit on a young team that is pushing for the playoffs that you had just been made the captain of. Don't quit on the fans who idolize everything you do. The "heart and soul" of the Lightning stopped being so. The best, and most important player in the history of the franchise just walks away from it all. He basically spit in our faces. Oh, and on top of it all, he only demanded to be traded to ONE team, basically screwing Yzerman and the Lightning over on a potential return.

It turns out, we didn't get screwed. St. Louis leaving was probably the best thing that could've happened to this team. But no one, much less St. Louis would have known that. He left for selfish reasons. Some captain. Some legend.

DracoFulmineus

Out in a storm
Dec 7, 2005
with a steel pole
No.

If anyone "forgot" Game 6, it was Martin St. Louis himself. We the fans haven't forgotten what he's done for this franchise. He has. He turned his back on everything we gave him, over what? A disagreement with his boss over something totally unrelated to the Lightning. He was a legend. The fans gave him everything. And he threw it all in our faces.

That's why 99% of the Lightning fanbase doesn't like him anymore. Because he didn't care enough about us. If it happened in the offseason, ok, fine. But don't quit on a young team that is pushing for the playoffs that you had just been made the captain of. Don't quit on the fans who idolize everything you do. The "heart and soul" of the Lightning stopped being so. The best, and most important player in the history of the franchise just walks away from it all. He basically spit in our faces. Oh, and on top of it all, he only demanded to be traded to ONE team, basically screwing Yzerman and the Lightning over on a potential return.

It turns out, we didn't get screwed. St. Louis leaving was probably the best thing that could've happened to this team. But no one, much less St. Louis would have known that. He left for selfish reasons. Some captain. Some legend.

Sorry, but I still disagree that his actions regarding the trade erase all that he did for this team. People are not 100% wonderful or 100% scum. Even those we call legends. There is NO WAY we know the whole story of why he wanted to be traded to the Rangers. I'm certainly not saying the fans are wrong to be angry about what happened (I know I was [but mostly heartbroken]). But I definitely think that "so long, Marty, and thanks for all the goals" will help the fanbase get over it more than "you SUCK Marty, and we'll NEVER forgive you for decisions you make about your own life."

This team has such passionate fans, which is so great. We love and hate strongly. :) It just tears me apart to see the level of vitriol directed toward Marty, especially alongside the memories of the Cup, and the years of dedication.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I still love the guy for all he did for the team but also hate how he ended it. The guy had the worst exit possible. I would cheer a tribute but would boo whenever he has the puck. Remember we don't win the cup without him in 04 and I'm not sure we can say the same thing about last season. We got 2 first rounders and a young captain for an over the hill Marty. He kinda did us a favor if you look at it this way.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
He cheats on us and runs off with his mistress and some of you think he deserves to be WELCOMED? What kind of world do I live in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad