GDT: 11/26/14 - 7:30PM EDT - Martin St. Louis' return to Tampa Bay

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Reading the Rangers board complaining about the reffing was kinda weird.

The two most blatant noncalls were clearly in their favor. (Boyle slash on Paq and Stralman getting taken down)

Reffing was balanced.

Kreider took that penalty at the end of the game is typical Kreider, which goes back to what I said about him on the main boards, he just lacks the hockey sense and IQ and takes too many penalties.

I'm starting to get excited to see what our PP will be like when Hedman gets back. It's been good, but think we have a potential to run a 30% PP.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Reffing was balanced.

Kreider took that penalty at the end of the game is typical Kreider, which goes back to what I said about him on the main boards, he just lacks the hockey sense and IQ and takes too many penalties.

I'm starting to get excited to see what our PP will be like when Hedman gets back. It's been good, but think we have a potential to run a 30% PP.

Flip-Stammer-Cally
Hedman-Stralman

Kucherov-Johnson-Palat
Garrison-Carle/Drouin/Connolly/idunno

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Yeah, the first unit PP looked good today for once. Rick and Chief pointed it out as well, it was quite aggressive with 5 men going in at once. Worked pretty well actually. Just don't uhh... turn it over :laugh:

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
Y'all don't want to know my blood alcohol level. But, hey. I got my jersey signed by Carle. Who is, interestingly, kinda a cool guy.

Praise be the hobbit remained pointless.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
As of right now they're tied with Dallas for 10th last, and 3 points from a top-5 pick.

Voidskipper

Jan 7, 2014
Tampa
I do not post often. I go to every home game and have noticed what is it with New Yorkers, and just that area up there in general. Boston? Bad fans. Philly? Pittsburg? all bad experiences with them. The only ones who seem to be alright are the Islanders and sabers.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
About time we got some rivalries going with other fanbases. If the Rangers make the playoffs (I'm expecting them to) then I hope we play both them and Montreal :nod:

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
I do not post often. I go to every home game and have noticed what is it with New Yorkers, and just that area up there in general. Boston? Bad fans. Philly? Pittsburg? all bad experiences with them. The only ones who seem to be alright are the Islanders and Sabres.

I also have great seats (103, row G) . It was kinda awesome to shut them the hell up tonight. They started cocky and then...quiet. Next to us were some Rangers fans who had gotten seats off StubHub or something. Guy was in a #26 Rangers jersey. By the end? He was dead silent.

To be fair, I'd take the loud Flyers fans over the Rags. At least they admit they've lost when it happens.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Anyone thinks Nash's hit will land him a suspension? He's been in trouble 2-3 times in the past for very, very "edgy" hits but never suspended.

Voidskipper

Jan 7, 2014
Tampa
I also have great seats (103, row G) . It was kinda awesome to shut them the hell up tonight. They started cocky and then...quiet. Next to us were some Rangers fans who had gotten seats off StubHub or something. Guy was in a #26 Rangers jersey. By the end? He was dead silent.

To be fair, I'd take the loud Flyers fans over the Rags. At least they admit they've lost when it happens.

I see you down there all the time with the blue hair (at least tonight) and your husband with the "Habsband" jersey.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Atmosphere:

Joe Smith ‏@TBTimes_JSmith
#tblightning raved about atmosphere. "it was rocking," Bishop said. Stamkos says it was almost a playoff feel.

Tampa Bay Lightning ‏@TBLightning
"The place was rockin', one of the better atmospheres I can remember in this building." More from @BenBishop30: http://goo.gl/byVHbI

Cooper: "That was as loud and rowdy as I've heard the building this year."

St. Louis:

Marty St. Louis on video tribute: "It was great. It brought back a lot of memories. I wanted to give them a thank you that they deserved"

Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO
St. Louis on video tribute and ovation from fans: "I was very flattered by the ovation and I wanted to give them the proper thank you.''

St. Louis on boos: "They were expected. But I understand. They care. They are great fans."

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
I was there. The atmosphere was great. You could cut the tension with a knife. Marty didn't really have the puck a lot, so I wasn't able to boooo as much as I wanted to.

When that tribute came on, though.... Emotions. I came into it thinking I was going to boo during it but halfway through I almost found myself standing up and applauding. Then I sat in my seat and thought, "Captain leaves his team during a playoff push". Silence was the right answer for me tonight.

The crowd reaction during the tribute went from anger, to sadness, and finally to gratitude. It started with loud boos, moved to silence, and ended with probably 2/3's of the fans giving him a standing ovation.

I miss him, man. All you had to do was wait out the season and you would always be a legend.

Closure for me, with the win. Like someone else said, I might even be able to start cheering for him again.... After they give us a lottery pick.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
As much as it remains a pipe dream that the Rangers will snag us a lottery pick, did anyone think they'd be #20 in the league at the quarter poll? There's something to be thankful for.

We're doing our part. 2-0.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You must have been close to us. That guy was sitting in our section all first period. He was loud.

I have no voice today, myself.

Wish I was there last night, can't wait to get to more games in Jan.

Oh and I still owe you guys a round. lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad