GDT: 11/26/14 - 7:30PM EDT - Martin St. Louis' return to Tampa Bay

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Good win against a team which has played really well lately. Way too many defensive mistakes though. Hopefully most of it will sort out after Hedman gets back and Carle and Sustr will play less.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Two big points. Great game by Stamkos and Cally. We need Hedman badly.

The thing is that they played really well without him right after he got injured, but we definitely have way less consistency amongst the blueliners.

Either way, I really miss him. :cry:

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I like the sign that someone had that said "Thank you Marty for Callahan, Boyle and Stralman" now that's a thank you-sign I can get behind.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The thing is that they played really well without him right after he got injured, but we definitely have way less consistency amongst the blueliners.

With Hedman back, the Rangers likely score one less goal. The mistakes will be less when guys like Sustr and Carle get less ice time.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

Well, it's now been 18 and a half games without Hedman and it's showing. TBH I'm surprised it took that long.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I loved everything Cally did during the game but I also like everything around it like how he made sure to give a puck to a fan during warm-ups and how he applaud the fans as he left the ice after the game and then this:

459626800_slide.jpg

He's just an all around great guy.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
As for Marty: I'm at peace with the whole thing now. I liked how he stepped on the ice to thank the fans. Sometimes a few little gestures speak more than a thousand words. Or maybe I'm just sentimental after watching his pre-game interview with Rick and his Lightning highlights.

Either way I'm happy with the post-Marty Lightning, especially since Callahan, Stralman and Boyle have stepped up when it mattered the most. That said, I could even see myself rooting for Marty again - as long as he doesn't play against us.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Two wins in nine days and a chance for one more next week. Really, a hat trick over the Rangers is the best revenge the Lightning could give to Marty, anyway.

(btw - maybe the Rangers should've given Cally 6/$36M just so he wouldn't score so many goals against them. :sarcasm: )

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Wooooooo we won. Suck it M-5rty.

I watched the game from a distance, not like I thought I would but **** happens, getting married this weekend.

Someone give me a quick run down of how we played, was there boo's?

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
https://twitter.com/BBurnsNHL
Ben Bishop improves to 7-0-0 against the Rangers. #TBLightning
#TBLightning are 12-0-1 now this season when leading after two periods. #NYRvsTBL
Cooper on Callahan: "He'd be leading the league in scoring if we played the Rangers every night." #TBLightning #NYRvsTBL
Dating back to last season, #TBLightning are 13-0-0 in games in which Ryan Callahan scores. #NYRvsTBL
https://twitter.com/TBTimes_JSmith
#tblightning raved about atmosphere. "it was rocking," Bishop said. Stamkos says it was almost a playoff feel.
Cooper: "That was as loud and rowdy as I've heard the building this year."

TampaBayLightning

The Asterisk Dynasty!
Nov 10, 2013
Tampa
Dan Boyle looked good for the Rangers, always liked that guy. I remember when he got his wrist slit in a freak accident, thought he was done at that point.
32 points baby!!!!

DracoFulmineus

Out in a storm
Dec 7, 2005
with a steel pole
As for Marty: I'm at peace with the whole thing now. I liked how he stepped on the ice to thank the fans. Sometimes a few little gestures speak more than a thousand words. Or maybe I'm just sentimental after watching his pre-game interview with Rick and his Lightning highlights.

Either way I'm happy with the post-Marty Lightning, especially since Callahan, Stralman and Boyle have stepped up when it mattered the most. That said, I could even see myself rooting for Marty again - as long as he doesn't play against us.

^This. Every single bit of it.

Edit: And Cally getting 2 goals was pretty nice, too. :)

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Is it possible to watch the pre-game interview with Pecker?

Anyway, good win. Sustr needs to sit.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Yep. I'm fine with Marty now I think. Watching the tribute video, combined with Marty's words to Rick kinda healed things over. He really was our everything for 13 years. Yeah, it sucks how he left, but I think in the end, he deserved to get what he wanted.

Does anyone have the fan reaction of the tribute vid? And Marty's reaction to it as well?

Sear91

Jun 26, 2007
Tampa
I've got to say, I was preparing for this game for a long time and I wasn't sure if I was going to boo him or cheer him, but when the tribute video came on, I just stood and cheered. Thanks for the memories, Marty, but now we can finally move on.

On another note, I cracked up when I saw a guy with an "Et Tu, Marty?" sign near me. Best sign of the night!

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Reading the Rangers board complaining about the reffing was kinda weird.

The two most blatant noncalls were clearly in their favor. (Boyle slash on Paq and Stralman getting taken down)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad