GDT: 11/25/18 - 7:00PM EDT - New Jersey vs Tampa Bay

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
I'd rate our D-men like this:

McDaddy
Heddy
(first two interchangeable depending on the situation)
Stralman (before he got hurt)
Coburn
Girardi
Sergachev
Cernak

Serg isn't necessarily unreliable defensively, his offensive mindset just hasn't been there this year. He just needs a goal. I find myself complaining about stupid things Hedman does more than Serg.

Cernak has a lot of potential but still needs some time in the minors. He's about where I'd put Sergachev at the start of last year. Without question I have found myself irritated at multiple things Cernak has done, but it's not that I blame him either - he's a rookie.
No argument at the top but have no idea how you have Serge ahead of Cernak?

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
And now Miller.

Things are starting to feel very 'Beetlejuice' - like.

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
Pretty much this, I don't think people remember just how bad Hedman was for a while lol
Sure we do, but this is a much deeper team than the one's Heddy played on in the early days. They had to leave him out there because there was nothing better in the bullpen and the expectations for the team weren't as great so they could leave him out there to let him learn the hard way. Def not the case with this team right now.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
No argument at the top but have no idea how you have Serge ahead of Cernak?

Cernak makes rookie mistakes. Sergachev is making the same mistakes that Hedman made when he was coming into development. He's got to learn what he can and cannot get away with, otherwise he'll never fully develop. It's like a game of roulette as the coach. You let your d-man develop and pay the price on the short-term, or you limit them and force them to play very, very defensively and never let them develop from an offensive standpoint like Hedman has over the last few years.

Cernak is only 'below' Serg because of his rookie mistakes. You'll see him not read the ice correctly, or make a pass that has you going "WHY?"... He's only played a handful of games, so it's acceptable.

I'd say Cernak is the new "Coburn" without question. Over the next few years he'll be a very solid addition for us.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Poor Miller goes down, blocks it, gets up in agonizing pain, "f*** I have to do this again? Please God no" hahahahaha

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
This has been a rather boring game after we already won it in the first period.

Reactions: berlin

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
. Have you been watching Sergy tonite, counted many bonehead plays also, I know he s a rookie!! LoL

I won't lie, he's really hurting my argument towards the end of that game lol...

Either way, I think you get what I'm getting at lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad