GDT: 11/25/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Los Angeles VS Tampa Bay

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Yeah luckily I work from home on Mondays. We have 3 11pms in a row!

It's a long story and I argued a ton with Brent (clockwork was my team) but he said our team was too good "as a team" and he couldn't just kick a few guys off. It was a load of ****, I lost a lot of respect for that rink and Brent. I get why the Whalers were removed but the Savages didn't have to make any changes. They need someone else running that league.

Yeah I agree, I don't think you were that good. Didn't you miss the playoffs a couple of seasons ago? :laugh:

Your first season you were pretty dominate. (Funny I think we were the only team to beat you that season and we pasted you guys pretty bad. Second time we matched up you returned the favor though.) After that you seemed like you were in the top half of the league, but yeah, definitely not the best team in the league.

We are probably going to lose our best player, who was on our team since they started (Over three years ago.) He has been averaging two goals a game. Starting to think of pairing him off with our two worst players on the same line to try and shut him down for the rest of the season so he doesn't get kicked out. Though I think it is too late for that (Brent has been watching our games recently.)

If I pair him with me or another one of our better half of our players though, he goes out and scores an hat-trick making it look like a high light reel. :laugh:

Anyway, I think I'm just rambling right now. So I'll stop.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Brent and ISF are ****ing idiots.

All these rinks are around here but primarily Brandon. **** management for a while now. TBSA follows suit too. Won't name names, but when owners cater to figure skaters when hockey players keep your doors open, I hope you get shut down.

Then, Clearwater just sucks altogether. Ellenton is political, there's so much cheating in the youth level out of that rink it's pretty pathetic.

I live 10 minutes away from TBSA. I'd rather drive for almost an hour to play in Clearwater or Brandon to play games at ridiculous times when I have to work in the morning than continue to play at TBSA. That should tell you how bad it really is.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Yeah I agree, I don't think you were that good. Didn't you miss the playoffs a couple of seasons ago? :laugh:

Your first season you were pretty dominate. (Funny I think we were the only team to beat you that season and we pasted you guys pretty bad. Second time we matched up you returned the favor though.) After that you seemed like you were in the top half of the league, but yeah, definitely not the best team in the league.

We are probably going to lose our best player, who was on our team since they started (Over three years ago.) He has been averaging two goals a game. Starting to think of pairing him off with our two worst players on the same line to try and shut him down for the rest of the season so he doesn't get kicked out. Though I think it is too late for that (Brent has been watching our games recently.)

If I pair him with me or another one of our better half of our players though, he goes out and scores an hat-trick making it look like a high light reel. :laugh:

Anyway, I think I'm just rambling right now. So I'll stop.

We made the Championship 3/4 seasons won it twice, and yeah missed the playoffs completely one year lol No one on our team was dominant, we were all just friends for years (10+) and have played together for a while so had good team work.

Brent said last season he wanted D to be just a touch over beginner, so I could definitely see him moving more people off next season.

This is probably a convo best suited for the off topic thread :P I could trash talk that league all day hah

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I live 10 minutes away from TBSA. I'd rather drive for almost an hour to play in Clearwater or Brandon to play games at ridiculous times when I have to work in the morning than continue to play at TBSA. That should tell you how bad it really is.
Tbsa folded over this past summer. Rightly so. It deserves to be shutdown to smack management in the face.
When your parents own the rink you can do whatever you want!

I hope the Wesley Chapel rink is going to be run well.
That's the thing. He's a bunch of words I won't use right now. The rinks around here are pretty bad, especially at the youth level. The "corruption" or politics just to have your kid win a game or trophy is laughable. It's hockey, in south Florida. Calm down. Lol.

Me too, I hope they run it with integrity and actually oust the bad apples that tend to ruin the other rinks. If I see guys there that have been in Brandon and Ellenton, I'll never bother to go.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
When your parents own the rink you can do whatever you want!

I hope the Wesley Chapel rink is going to be run well.
I will second that. The ISF son was on the Zeppelins when I was on PAETEC.
About three years ago in the championship B+ game my team is up by two goals. We get a penalty for celebrating the last goal by fist pumping after we scored. We go on the penalty kill, and it is 4 v 6 because they pull the goalie. There is about fifteen seconds on the clock, and the puck is in our corner. I beat the guy to the puck ,and clear it out. The game is over their player starts punching me, and I start fighting back. I am clearly winning the fight so his teammate jumps on me like a UCF choke hold from behind. HE is on my back choking me out like I am giving him a piggy back ride. My team mate comes over and slams him off my back. The guy is knocked out. Our team is kicked out of the league, and they get to stay? They had six guys throwing punches and we had four. They started the fight, but their player was hurt with a concussion. We had a video of the whole thing, but the rink and rink manager did not care. Ever since then I have been treated like crap by the rink manager.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
That quote from Stamkos actually gives me a lot of hope. He seems to recognize the exact problems a lot of us have pin-pointed over the last year (looking for plays that aren't there, taking an extra stride).

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
That quote from Stamkos actually gives me a lot of hope. He seems to recognize the exact problems a lot of us have pin-pointed over the last year (looking for plays that aren't there, taking an extra stride).

Back to the game. I love the Stammer as of lately.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Would be nice to make it 3 in a row against teams most thought we would lose to.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
We inside. Me and two goalies. We're not allowed to watch the 1st. They are giving us lightning jerseys. Will be wearing the black, blackhawk socks. Black and blue Easton stick. We're going to do some obsticles then shoot on goalies. All that I know.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
We inside. Me and two goalies. We're not allowed to watch the 1st. They are giving us lightning jerseys. Will be wearing the black, blackhawk socks. Black and blue Easton stick. We're going to do some obsticles then shoot on goalies. All that I know.

Good luck bro.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Since I have tomorrow of I was hoping tog stay up and watch the game but now my internet provider decided to update their network or whatever so they've turned off my internet so I can't but hopefully it will be a good game and guess I'll find out how things went in the morning.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Bish starting. Johnson, JAM, Witkowski, and Vermin warming up.

Drouin and Paq-man are not.

lines

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I'm with a teammate. Both wearing blackhawk socks. We're doing the two on none portion. I'm the taller of the two.

did Golden Palace get you to write their web address on your being in marker?

Cause if you want to support HFB, go for it.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Have fun man, and good luck!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Those lines... Stamkos with Killorn and Callahan again?

I will never get Coop's obsession with that line. It occasionally looks good for about two games, and then he'll run with them for eight more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad