GDT: 11/24: Pastamania in MA! Bruins vs. Pittsburgh 7pm ET NESN NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
I'm expecting a 6 point night, with a natural hattrick, a Gordie Howe hattrick, and then being traded in the third period along with Khokhlachev for Evander Kane, Dustin Byfuglien, and Chris Stewart. You know, for the fans and stuff. Need them tough guys.

iGetCarried*

I'm expecting a 6 point night, with a natural hattrick, a Gordie Howe hattrick, and then being traded in the third period along with Khokhlachev for Evander Kane, Dustin Byfuglien, and Chris Stewart. You know, for the fans and stuff. Need them tough guys.

Wouldn't work. None of these guys get back on defense (;

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
How about a line of Khokhlachev, Pastrnak and Caron whom I believe were playing together in Providence?

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Last straw for Spooner. The crowd used to call Spooner's name, 'Spoonie'. They don't call Spoonie's name no more, and he had his five games. Now they got David and Simon.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Lol Caron will be in over pastrnak if it comes down to it

jordan_caron_cup.jpg

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Lol Caron will be in over pastrnak if it comes down to it

It wouldn't suprise me one bit if that happened, pretty sad if it did, we already know what Caron brings to the team, nothing. Pastrnak though extremely young and rather smallish is just the type of offensive talent this team needs more of, hopefully he gets the call.

iGetCarried*

It wouldn't suprise me one bit if that happened, pretty sad if it did, we already know what Caron brings to the team, nothing. Pastrnak though extremely young and rather smallish is just the type of offensive talent this team needs more of, hopefully he gets the call.

Does being on the Bruins roster count towards his nine games or w.e or does he actually have to physically play in the game.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Last straw for Spooner. The crowd used to call Spooner's name, 'Spoonie'. They don't call Spoonie's name no more, and he had his five games. Now they got David and Simon.

I think the Bruins are going to regret how they treated Spooner once he gets dealt, the guy has talent, just needed a coach who supported him through his growing pains. While Caron got a zillion chances to prove himself, Spooner got only a couple, what really irks me is he has the speed and offensive talent that this team really needs.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
There's some kind of 10-game slide with Pasta, right? His contract slides if he plays in fewer than 10 NHL games, but after the 10th game, it's burned.

If Pasta watches from the press box as a healthy scratch, does this count as one of those ten games? The language in the CBA says that he has to "play" 10 games, but in the section I'm reading (9.1, pp. 23-24), there's it doesn't say whether being scratched counts.

That said, I don't think Pasta needs much more time in the press box. Presumably that's where he spent most of the preseason. I'd say give him the games against the Penguins and Jets to see how he does against both elite competition and *AHEM* competition, and then decide if he gets to go to California (if he's still needed).

I'm sure Pasta's thrilled either way. Worst case scenario, he's watching the game next to Krejci.

EDIT: Oh for cripes sake, someone else asked it. That's what I get for trying to research it myself before asking - lol. Makes sense that the press box doesn't burn one of his nine games.

member 96824

There's some kind of 10-game slide with Pasta, right? His contract slides if he plays in fewer than 10 NHL games, but after the 10th game, it's burned.

If Pasta watches from the press box as a healthy scratch, does this count as one of those ten games? The language in the CBA says that he has to "play" 10 games, but in the section I'm reading (9.1, pp. 23-24), there's it doesn't say whether being scratched counts.

That said, I don't think Pasta needs much more time in the press box. Presumably that's where he spent most of the preseason. I'd say give him the games against the Penguins and Jets to see how he does against both elite competition and *AHEM* competition, and then decide if he gets to go to California (if he's still needed).

I'm sure Pasta's thrilled either way. Worst case scenario, he's watching the game next to Krejci.

EDIT: Oh for cripes sake, someone else asked it. That's what I get for trying to research it myself before asking - lol. Makes sense that the press box doesn't burn one of his nine games.

Scratch doesn't count as a game played, so we've got 9 free games. His contract slides in the AHL but not the NHL.

Minnesota did this with Mathew Dumba last year IIRC after his 9th game.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
My money is on Caron getting 12 minutes of playing time and Pastrnak getting lots of watching time in the luxury box with the injured Bruins.:naughty:

Oh yes putting another player who can't score in the line up is going to make a difference.

Team has enough grinders. Put in somebody who can score and while leading scoring in the AHL doesn't always translate to the nhl we already know Caron can't score.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Very impressed with Chia's series of moves...

Don't forget Pete's salary cap expertise. And then so quick on the draw with trading Segs, boy, he showed those Texans. What could possibly go wrong.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
playing gagne and caron over pastrnak and griffith is so clode it hurts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad