GDT: 11/24/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
A good goal was counted as a goal. That's better than a good goal not counting because the ref is makes a mistake.
The rules cannot be changed because it is Crosby.

Whistle ends the play. There is zero review. These refs should receive a hefty fine and no playoff assignments if they can't get such easy concepts straight.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Game 1 in last year's Finals should have sealed the question as to why this stuff happens involving the "Stanley Cup Champions".

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Im not watching anymore but did they even say "intent to blow the whistle"? Looked to me like they reviewed if the puck crossed the line before the whistle went and since they called it a goal, Id assume one of the cameras backed that up.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Game 1 in last year's Finals should have sealed the question as to why this stuff happens involving the "Stanley Cup Champions".

You mean game 6? The game 1 goal call was completely correct, it was offsides.

Im not watching anymore but did they even say "intent to blow the whistle". Looked to me like they reviewed if the puck crossed the line before the whistle went and since they called it a goal, Id assume one of the cameras backed that up.

Yeah, people are getting mad because they're assuming the refs blew the whistles before the puck went in. At this point, I'm thinking there was an angle that at least showed the puck was in before the whistle blew. People are then just running with that to push their conspiracy theories.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
I think it's extremely difficult to tell whether that puck went in before or after the whistle, because the puck was already moving towards the net when the whistle blew. I think saying it was inconclusive and just going with the call on the ice would be the right call.

Everyone better get your tinfoil hats, though! All just a conspiracy. It's funny that people are crying conspiracy when we're talking about a game where the Bruins are playing in, though.

You are right, they should have gone with the call on the ice and that was a whistle that blew the play dead. That's the thing. He blew the whistle and that means the play is dead right or wrong call it doesn't matter, the play is supposed to be dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad