GDT: 11/24/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Going to start tuning into more Flames games. They're pretty fun to watch. Gaudreau, Monahan and Tkachuk are awesome. Jagr is fun.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
Treliving needs to take some heat for this shit defense. He put a lot of assets into it and its a tire fire.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Which is weird, because on paper their Dcore looks pretty damn good. Maybe a coaching problem?

No, they are just a bunch of really bad defensive players. They look good on paper because they score points and everyone overrated offensive defenseman. But they are just a terrible group at actually defending. Flat out terrible. I've been saying it for years.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
the D is so atrocious rn its pathetic, gio is the only one who has business in the nhl tonight. they are playing wayyyyy below their capabilities

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'm not sure what Stevens was thinking in using Shore and Brown in the OT ahead of Toffoli and Pearson, both of whom didn't get a shift. Was he trying to get a 3-on-3 goal via defense and front-net presence?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm not sure what Stevens was thinking in using Shore and Brown in the OT ahead of Toffoli and Pearson, both of whom didn't get a shift. Was he trying to get a 3-on-3 goal via defense and front-net presence?

It's a weird pairing he's used a few times and after Shore scored that one vs. the Ducks in OT I knew he'd stick with it :laugh:

Maybe the worst 3v3 the Kings have ever played, I'm not sure I've ever seen a change as dumb as the one they tried to execute when Brown held the puck for like 15 seconds while no one else entered the frame

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
So got home and watched the Sharks/Vegas game, great high scoring game! I saw that goal taken away by the refs and I'm not mad about it, the sharks have crazy bad luck lately as that is their 4th goal taken away in a WEEK!

Great game nonetheless, I'm enjoying this Vegas team.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
So got home and watched the Sharks/Vegas game, great high scoring game! I saw that goal taken away by the refs and I'm not mad about it, the sharks have crazy bad luck lately as that is their 4th goal taken away in a WEEK!

Great game nonetheless, I'm enjoying this Vegas team.

then they lost the review at the end with more contact on the goalie than the play that took their goal away. that's 5 reviews gone against them in one week.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Aight then. Keep making blanket conclusions instead of crediting a hard working team for playing way above expectations though. Clearly the fix is in.
Keep putting words in my mouth. Couture's goal taken away was a huge call, and a bad one.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Keep putting words in my mouth. Couture's goal taken away was a huge call, and a bad one.
I don't need to put words in your mouth. You're the one that conjectured that Vegas' success is attributable to the refs holding their hand through every game.

And as for the no goal call, yeah it was pretty soft but Subban made an attempt to slide across and couldn't because of Donskoi's skate. I'd trend more towards incidental contact but the goalie made an attempt to slide over and couldn't because of the contact so it's really not even close to the worst called back goal this year. Goaltender interference isn't defined simply by hitting a goalie. It's anything that prevents a goalie from doing his job in the crease outside of blocking his line of sight with a screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad