GDT: 11/24/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Wow is that ridiculous...

It is hard to say Crosby doesn't have a different standard when he can do things like score after the whistle and have it count.

Heads up by Crosby to keep playing through and after the whistle. I guess the rulebook doesn't matter.

CK17

May 13, 2007
I'm shocked they call it a goal. I think it was one, but the intent to blow the whistle seemed to be there.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
The definition of the NHL catering to Crosby. Utterly embarrassing look for the NHL here. Utter buffoonery by the officials.

You can't unwhistle a play undead.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
lololololololol....

Boston's Chris Rooney made that call so as not to appear biased. He's predictable.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Saying it "entered the goal legally" totally ignores the actual concern on the play. Whistle went before the puck was in from what I can see.

New ref tool just created? "Intent to not blow the whistle after seeing the replay"?

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
Meh, that's a good goal. If you're going to accuse the refs of being bad for calling that a goal, you have just as much right to accuse the refs of being bad for calling the play dead when it shouldn't have been.

You can't get mad when the right call was made.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think it's extremely difficult to tell whether that puck went in before or after the whistle, because the puck was already moving towards the net when the whistle blew. I think saying it was inconclusive and just going with the call on the ice would be the right call.

Everyone better get your tinfoil hats, though! All just a conspiracy. It's funny that people are crying conspiracy when we're talking about a game where the Bruins are playing in, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad