L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
:jets vs. :wild

RDkJtRO.jpg

e215099c9d4e6cbb_16.xxxlarge.gif

NHL.com
Wild:

-Wild defenseman Marco Scandella is expected to return to the lineup after missing the past 10 games with a high ankle sprain.

-Minnesota will try to snap a two-game winless streak, although it did gain one point in a 3-2 overtime loss to the Dallas Stars on Monday.

-While there wasn't much to build on structurally, Boudreau said he hopes the Wild can continue to improve that part of its game.

Jets:

-In the midst of a five-game road trip, Winnipeg comes to town playing the fourth game of that swing, having lost each of the first three.

-Scheifele and rookie Patrik Laine, the No. 2 pick in the 2016 NHL Draft, have been bright spots for the Jets so far this season.

-Laine's 12 goals are the most in the NHL and Scheifele's 23 points are one behind League-leader Connor McDavid.

Go Wild! :rolly:

Last edited:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Our best goal scorer has 5 goals. Laine himself has 12. That's pretty depressing :laugh:

To be fair, the Jets' totals are similar to ours when you exclude Scheifele and Laine. They've been exceptional.

Wheeler: 6 goals
Lowry: 5 goals
Ehlers: 4 goals
Dano: 3 goals

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
To be fair, the Jets' totals are similar to ours when you exclude Scheifele and Laine. They've been exceptional.

Wheeler: 6 goals
Lowry: 5 goals
Ehlers: 4 goals
Dano: 3 goals

Why would you exclude them? Most teams have these kinds of high scoring players. I think Wild players have just been UNexceptional.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
But that's kind of like saying we don't score much once you take away Nino, Coyle, Staal, Suter, and Granlund.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Why would you exclude them? Most teams have these kinds of high scoring players. I think Wild players have just been UNexceptional.

Everyone knows we don't have a Laine or Scheifele. I'm just trying to be positive about our team, man. :laugh:

It makes me feel better seeing our team comparable to the Jets roster outside of those two guys.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Well, don't worry about Laine. Maurice is currently ******** on him by putting him on a checking line. Also playing him on his offside.

Minnesota does suffer from being the worst thing you can be in the NHL; Mediocre. It's kinda sad since i really love the team and watch almost all their games.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Well, don't worry about Laine. Maurice is currently ******** on him by putting him on a checking line. Also playing him on his offside.

Minnesota does suffer from being the worst thing you can be in the NHL; Mediocre. It's kinda sad since i really love the team and watch almost all their games.

It's still better than the Canucks.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011

Saw that - Copp & Lowry as linemates? Way to put your rookie leading the league in goals with his best foot forward, coach. :laugh:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Saw that - Copp & Lowry as linemates? Way to put your rookie leading the league in goals with his best foot forward, coach. :laugh:

Maurice seems to be obsessed with "teaching rookies the game" by putting them on these kinds of lines. Learning to produce with all types of players, and all that. Tends to hurt the win column more than anything.

He also changes lines way too quickly. I'm sure that the lines he starts with won't be the lines at the end of the game.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Maurice seems to be obsessed with "teaching rookies the game" by putting them on these kinds of lines. Learning to produce with all types of players, and all that. Tends to hurt the win column more than anything.

He also changes lines way too quickly. I'm sure that the lines he starts with won't be the lines at the end of the game.

I've heard other coaches do the same thing... "Making rookies earn their ice time" is how I've heard it phrased.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Leading the NHL in goals is not good enough, gotta put in your time on the checking line :laugh:

Sounds like a Yoe move when the Wild were scoring 4-5 goals a game. Complaining about how they were playing defensively. :popcorn:

Moving him to the 3rd line does make the line a real scoring threat. :scared:

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Don't adjust your volume on the TV, folks. As expected, lots of Peg fans. Get ready for some chant battles.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
This is one of the best games to be at the X for. Bummed I can't be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad