Post-Game Talk: 11/23/16 | Canucks 4 @ Coyotes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Underbuss*

Mar 3, 2016
'Yotes collapse is a cautionary tale....Domi and Duclair struggling mightily in their second seasons....hard to understand why guys who show so much flash in their rookie seasons, seem to hit the wall in the second....unless your name is McDavid, it seems to happen to every young guy all over the league....I know playing rookies is the popular thing around the NHL these days, but in terms of player development, you have to wonder whether it's the best approach.

In the first year, a player comes in with nothing to lose, no real expectations and basically flies under the radar.

By season 2, expectations start to develop both internally and externally. The player is also now on the radar of every team. There is video to study and weaknesses to identify and exploit.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Well how long does it take for the statistics to work? I thought statistics were basically hindsight on a high horse?

"How long does it take statistics to work?"

Less time than stupidity would be my guess. Three years and counting here on the west coast...

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Intangibles 4 - Analytics 1

My best players on the ice:

Luca "top 4" Sbisa

Bo "first line" Horvat

Sven "Top 6" Baertschi

Alex "Resurrected zombie" Burrows

Ryan "Vezina" Miller

Eric "Beukeboom" Branson

We looked pretty good for a team without Chris "literally the only reason why this team isn't relegated" Tanev.

While playing the worst team in the league.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Intangibles 4 - Analytics 1

My best players on the ice:

Luca "top 4" Sbisa

Bo "first line" Horvat

Sven "Top 6" Baertschi

Alex "Resurrected zombie" Burrows

Ryan "Vezina" Miller

Eric "Beukeboom" Branson

We looked pretty good for a team without Chris "literally the only reason why this team isn't relegated" Tanev.

Weird how these recaps only happen when the Canucks win. Weird, indeed.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Just watched the highlights.

Holy Jesus is Mike Smith bad. That was a bigger gift than Lehtonen even.

I heard this all day, he actually made some big saves the first period the 4 th goal was terrible. The other 3 came from within 4 feet directly in front of the net. It was closer than a 4 - 1 game but Canucks were full value for the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad