GDT: 11/22 Bruins vs. Habs 7pm ET NESN, NHLN, TVA, SA 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Tonight is not the night for stupidity. It's almost a guarantee the road to the Stanley cup goes through Montreal. Try to get 2 points out of this one. The final game against the habs you have to ignore the 2 points on the board and get all the stupidity out of your system. A game where the sole focus is getting under their skin and crawling around. The reason for this is it would make the habs psychologically more likely to play a Bruins style game in game 1 and 2 of the playoffs.

I don`t mind the stupid stuff, but I do mind it when the game is still very much up for grabs, this team has far too often tried to race around to hit the Habs (which isn`t successful as they are clearly the team with more foot speed)

If this team does what they can do well which is strong lane play to take option #1 from the Habs and not chase the play, they`ll be fine, depleted line-up or otherwise. Make the Habs try and push their way through the B`s D which they can`t, they can skate around them but if our boys are positionally sound, that forces the Habs into a game that they aren`t comfortable playing with and for GAWD sakes, clog that middle up, the cherry pickin that team employs is nausiating

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Being realistic here: What are people's expectations here in the second of a back to back, with no Krejci/Marchand/Chara? Are people expecting that this is a real measure of what we might be going forward? To me any points we can snag against inferior teams, we snag. Any points we get against a quality team like this is pure gravy. Despite the vegas line of Bruins -120, I got the Habs winning this game 7/10 times right now.

That said, let's punch these punks in the MOUTH. I'd be happy with 60 mins of effort and pain. Lucic has to step up.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
My hope is that Tuukka finally gets over his mental issues with the Habs.

If he stinks the joint out i say **** the 2 points and go full blown gong show.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Being realistic here: What are people's expectations here in the second of a back to back, with no Krejci/Marchand/Chara? Are people expecting that this is a real measure of what we might be going forward? To me any points we can snag against inferior teams, we snag. Any points we get against a quality team like this is pure gravy. Despite the vegas line of Bruins -120, I got the Habs winning this game 7/10 times right now.

That said, let's punch these punks in the MOUTH. I'd be happy with 60 mins of effort and pain. Lucic has to step up.

The real measure of "we might be going forward" is all of the recent history against the Habs. It's not pretty.

I want to win more than anything. I can understand a loss. Another embarrassing display of listless submission is not in any way tolerable.

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts

This.. I didn't agree with you about Looch punching PK during the last game.. I apologize.. I've should've listened to your wisdom.. its time to just turn the ice,red right now.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
The real measure of "we might be going forward" is all of the recent history against the Habs. It's not pretty.

I want to win more than anything. I can understand a loss. Another embarrassing display of listless submission is not in any way tolerable.

In a 7 games series, we took 3. A day late and a dollar short, but we do know how to beat them too.

I will add this for some additional perspective:

Chara: Captain
Krejci: A, often alternate captain
Marchand: one of the more experienced forwards in the leadership group now

You're mostly left with a core of Bergy (not the most vocal leader), Lucic (arguably our most emotionally weak and easily flustered players), and Seidenberg. I think Loui/Yeti are experienced players, but I don't really count on them much to help the young ones.

This group is so young that if you happen to fall behind 3-0 early, the game can get away from you. That "ice in your veins" mentality that was used to come back so many times before is predicated on the fact that you've been there before. But the fact is that many of these kids have not been there before.

I'm reserving my opinion of this team for that time when the fully operational death star is complete. I wanna see a 90% healthy blueline, and at least Krejci back in the middle. And if that never happens this year, then to me it's a lost season, and I'm even happier we got those picks for Johnny Rocket. Retool, and potentially crush it next year.

I do know this, if we get healthy this year, this team will go toe to toe with anyone out East, including the Pens.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
With the injuries we have not to mention the back to back against a rested fully healthy Hab team, can't say I like our chances, hope to still see a good effort against all odds.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
If they win tonight I think it's because Rask steals it.
Unless he plays out of his mind I just don't think this team has it together enough right now.

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal
So who are we missing for tonight? Krejci, Marchand, McQuaid and Chara? Anyone else? Is Hamilton playing?

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Hello fellow friends of this hatred rivalry

Is Lucic confirmed playing tonight? I'm not sure because of the fight that happened at the end of last game vs CBJ. Could he be suspended?

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
In a 7 games series, we took 3. A day late and a dollar short, but we do know how to beat them too.

I will add this for some additional perspective:

Chara: Captain
Krejci: A, often alternate captain
Marchand: one of the more experienced forwards in the leadership group now

You're mostly left with a core of Bergy (not the most vocal leader), Lucic (arguably our most emotionally weak and easily flustered players), and Seidenberg. I think Loui/Yeti are experienced players, but I don't really count on them much to help the young ones.

This group is so young that if you happen to fall behind 3-0 early, the game can get away from you. That "ice in your veins" mentality that was used to come back so many times before is predicated on the fact that you've been there before. But the fact is that many of these kids have not been there before.

I'm reserving my opinion of this team for that time when the fully operational death star is complete. I wanna see a 90% healthy blueline, and at least Krejci back in the middle. And if that never happens this year, then to me it's a lost season, and I'm even happier we got those picks for Johnny Rocket. Retool, and potentially crush it next year.

I do know this, if we get healthy this year, this team will go toe to toe with anyone out East, including the Pens.

Well said.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

I agree with this philosophy in principle. But in practice.....who do we have (healthy) on this team that is capable of a gong show?

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Bruins dominate first 15 minutes, don't draw any calls as the refs decide to let them play, until Matt Bartkowski is called for a ticky tack holding, when Max Pacioretty scores after a clearing attempt hits a linesman and send the play back towards the net. In the second period a series of penalties, at a 2-1 ratio for Montreal, kills the flow, until Pk Subban scores on a power play after Matt Bartkowski is called for a ticky tack interference.

The bruins come out flat in the third period, and Montreal gets another power play when matt bartkowski is called for a legitimate trip, where Max pacioretty gets his second after the puck triple deflects on its way to Tuukka. The Bruins then give up, Montreal scores another goal on a 2-1 after Seidenberg can't keep the puck in at the offensive blue line and is caught flat-footed.

With 8 minutes left and Montreal up 4-0, the refs call a couple of ticky tack penalties against Montreal so the end game scorecard makes it look like the game was called evenly. Simon Gagne scores on the ensuing power play with 4 minutes left, thus earning him another 20 games in the lineup.

Looch does something at the end of the game that leads to us yelling at each other.

Claude Julien says Ryan Spooner is a piece of **** in the post-game press conference, even though no one asked about him.

I email Brad and Kate and say all the things I really want to say, but don't feel like discussing with a certain group of people.

This place is a ghost town on Sunday and Monday.

OutspokenMinority*

heard a rumor (that i just made up) that we will see

Lucic - Soderberg - Eriksson

tonight. i approve of this message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad