GDT: 11/20/13 - Minnesota Wild @ Ottawa Senators - 6:30PM CST - FSN, TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
what the ****. i missed it. what happened. imma guess they let them stand in front of hards and swing away.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
This is why I wasn't buying the, "Every team has a bad night", crap that Yeo and Russo were feeding last night. It's more than that.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Was Zucker anticipating help coming across the blueline with him there?

Or did he just hallucinate someone there and pass it randomly?

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
This is why I wasn't buying the, "Every team has a bad night", crap that Yeo and Russo were feeding last night. It's more than that.

I do recall saying "This has losing streak written all over it" last night.

So, it's not just you.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
seriously look who's talking about last game
i started watching hockey after lockout and this is my first look on Suter,Brodin,Parise,Harding,Granlund.

so whatever you say just stay away from me.

Just ignore him. Idk why a Senator fan is on our board during a game anyway. Clearly looking for an argument.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny

that was me, and i still stand by it. meant blowout wise. you're not dumb enough to think the wild can skate through the season without suffering some multiple loss streaks surely?

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Nobody mentioned or saw that Granlund went dressing room after that hit. maybe is injured

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
What a terrible decision that was by Stoner to make that pass. Awful giveaway. Harding needs to have that first shot. Once the puck was loose, the Wild just stood around and watched while the Sens went to work on the goal. The Wild really need to wake up. They have looked just as bad as last night

countrygentleman

The Kaptain Says ARR
Jan 14, 2010
Minnesota
Anyone that thinks this team is anything more than a first round loss is seriously delusional. For starters, we still rank in the bottom third of the league in scoring. That means Harding needs to keep up his MVP season if we're going to continue to win. He won't. He's already showing signs of cracking here. The history just isn't there for Harding as well when it comes to season long performance. Can he be MVP all season long? Sure, but seriously unlikely.

Second, our goaltending is seriously a mess if Harding turns back into an average to slightly above-average goalie that he has been his entire NHL career. Backstrom has proven himself to be on the downside of his useful NHL life. Harding could go down at any moment due to his MS. Kuemper can't stop a beach ball for whatever reason.

Third, our division is pure hell.

Foxlockbox

:laugh: is my period
Mar 22, 2011
Finland
I do recall saying "This has losing streak written all over it" last night.

So, it's not just you.

Exactly the kind of panic mongering I expected coming here guessing even the posters. THEY GOT THE LEAD OH GOD LOSING STREAK!!11 Yeah they haven't had a solid period for 1 and 1/3 periods now, but still hold your ****ing horses. Or forget that, you won't I know it.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
that was me, and i still stand by it. meant blowout wise. you're not dumb enough to think the wild can skate through the season without suffering some multiple loss streaks surely?
No. I expect it. But they've been developing some bad habits lately that haven't been addressed.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Anyone that thinks this team is anything more than a first round loss is seriously delusional. For starters, we still rank in the bottom third of the league in scoring. That means Harding needs to keep up his MVP season if we're going to continue to win. He won't. He's already showing signs of cracking here. The history just isn't there for Harding as well when it comes to season long performance. Can he be MVP all season long? Sure, but seriously unlikely.

Second, our goaltending is seriously a mess if Harding turns back into an average to slightly above-average goalie that he has been his entire NHL career. Backstrom has proven himself to be on the downside of his useful NHL life. Harding could go down at any moment due to his MS. Kuemper can't stop a beach ball for whatever reason.

Third, our division is pure hell.

Glad to see you are in a good mood :laugh:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I honestly do not get this team. They have all the tools they need. They had a system in place that worked, was sustainable, and very intelligently implemented. As much as I hate to say it, Yeo had them set up for big time success coming out of camp with the puck possession he implemented this year.

I don't know if he simply doesn't know how to get his team to sustain it or if the team is just developing collective amnesia, but we have seen nothing of that teamwork since the first few games in.

Our passes were crisp, tape to tape. Our defense was lethal shutdown in strenth. We held the puck 75% of the time, suffocating the opposing teams and holding them to absurdly low shot counts. The only thing we lacked those first few games was scoring.

Maybe the puck possession system only works with the same lines we had from opening night? It can't be a stupid reason like that.

But come on, where the **** has the good Wild gone lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad