GDT: 11/2: Aint No Party Like a Boston Party! 7pm ET: NESN, 98.5 FM

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
With what we have now. We dont have anyone with a lethal nhl shot.
I just saw hjghlites from the aha buf game. Look at perrys goals. We have nobody that can shoot like that.

Smith isnt cutting it on second line. I say send him down for johnson and put johnson on second line rw with marsh and bergie. At least johnson showed some sniping ability in preseason

Iginla has a pretty sublime shot, Marchand has a great release too whenever he wakes up to realize the season has started. Totally disagree about Smith, absolutely no reason to believe that Johnson makes any difference on the 2nd line, I think this comment is based on his good pre-season followed by his start in Providence, please let`s not forget his overall body of work which states.

104 NHL games-- 14 goals and 23 assists for 37 pts

Doesn`t exactly have me oozing with confidence about his ability to get called up and improve the issues with scoring right now

On Edge

Nov 26, 2005
Long Island
Isl fan coming in peace - I just wanted to shoot a quick compliment on Bruin fans visiting the Colisuem last night...probably 15% of the crowd were Bruin fans- a lot of visiting fans - and they were loud and rooted the B's on. However, they were totally respectful and I was pretty impressed at the lack of knuckleheads causing problems (unlike a certain other NY are fan base!!!)

Always cool to see the Bruins play!

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I think they need to get Smith back to the third line. He isn't bad and I think can fill in on the second but not convinced he is going to shine where he is.

I think the team misses Marchand's game-not sure why he is in this slump-but if a guy is going to slump I guess it's better if it happens at the beginning of the season rather than the playoffs.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
A quick compliment on Bruin fans visiting the Colisuem last night...probably 15% of the crowd were Bruin fans- a lot of visiting fans - and they were loud and rooted the B's on. However, they were totally respectful and I was pretty impressed at the lack of knuckleheads causing problems (unlike a certain other NY are fan base!!!)

Always a treat to see the Bruins play!

I`m heading back to the PVR to see exactly what they were rooting for in that debacle:sarcasm:

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Isl fan coming in peace - I just wanted to shoot a quick compliment on Bruin fans visiting the Colisuem last night...probably 15% of the crowd were Bruin fans- a lot of visiting fans - and they were loud and rooted the B's on. However, they were totally respectful and I was pretty impressed at the lack of knuckleheads causing problems (unlike a certain other NY are fan base!!!)

Always cool to see the Bruins play!

Good win for you guys last night. Vanek is B-killer, as was shown yet again last night. You guys have a solid team. And thanks for Butch Goring, that man is gem.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
As for Chad Johnson....

I think you can legitimately question PC for not bringing back Khudobin, who had proven that he could handle playing 30% of the games and spell Rask.

You want Rask healthy for the playoffs, not worn down because you ended up in a dogfight just to make the post season.

I could not believe when I heard who they'd brought in to back up rask, especially when I found out the measly cap savings.

Khudobin wanted a shot at a starting job. He thought there was a better chance of that in Carolina.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I don't think Khodobin was staying-and the salary we would have had to offer to keep him wouldn't have fit in the cap.

I don't think Julien bag skates them but I bet he beats them over the head and shoulders with tape from the game (figuratively of course-although he might want to literally do it too).

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I don't think Khodobin was staying-and the salary we would have had to offer to keep him wouldn't have fit in the cap.

I don't think Julien bag skates them but I bet he beats them over the head and shoulders with tape from the game (figuratively of course-although he might want to literally do it too).

I`m not so sure he would have stayed even if the B`s had cap space. He`s a very steady goalie and he is very close to, if not a legit #1. Every goalie wants to be the man, and with Ward being injured every time he sneezes, Anton seized an opportunity and good on him.

In this day and age, I`m not sure the bag skates do anything, I do believe that a hard, physical practice does though

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
when johnson is in net, i feel like i did when turco was is net.
just was nervous on every shot.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Iginla has a pretty sublime shot, Marchand has a great release too whenever he wakes up to realize the season has started. Totally disagree about Smith, absolutely no reason to believe that Johnson makes any difference on the 2nd line, I think this comment is based on his good pre-season followed by his start in Providence, please let`s not forget his overall body of work which states.

104 NHL games-- 14 goals and 23 assists for 37 pts

Doesn`t exactly have me oozing with confidence about his ability to get called up and improve the issues with scoring right now

i was thinking more of getting marshy back on lw on that second line. johnson is better at rw than smith.
marshy cant play rw

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
i was thinking more of getting marshy back on lw on that second line. johnson is better at rw than smith.
marshy cant play rw

Not sure Darren, Marshy needs to discover his pain in the arse side, and I saw no indication of it when he was with Bergy, and even less so now. Not getting the love for Johnson, he had a nice pre-season and has put up pts with the PB`s but I see nothing in Smith`s game that would warrant time in the press box or the minors.

been one of the most pleasant surprises for this guy

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Lots of passengers in this game tonight, but three glaring stats for players:

Z. Chara 0 points -2 for the night with 24:50 ice time
B. Marchand 0 points -2 for the night with 14:51 ice time
S. Thornton 0 hits for the night with for 9:04 ice time

nycbruins*

All players have struggled at times this season, but we have Chara, Bergeron & Marchand all playing well below their traditional levels all season.

That's your best d-man, your best overall player & your leading scorer from last season all playing like crap. Add in an injury to your best overall winger & this team looks terrible.

You can't afford to have guys like that playing terrible hockey. I love Bergy as much as anyone, but he can't even handle a pass well right now. Marchand is totally lost & Chara is about 2 months early on his mid-season slump.

Best players have to be the best players. If they're not, you might steal a game here and there, but you have no consistency.

Julien, the goalies & the kids can only do so much. Time for some veterans to get their heads out of their butts.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Lots of passengers in this game tonight, but three glaring stats for players:

Z. Chara 0 points -2 for the night with 24:50 ice time
B. Marchand 0 points -2 for the night with 14:51 ice time
S. Thornton 0 hits for the night with for 9:04 ice time

1 shot on goal for Marchand not acceptable

The effort from the team in general was non existent.

Me thinks there is going to be a Stars team who`ll be swarmed Tuesday

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
when johnson is in net, i feel like i did when turco was is net.
just was nervous on every shot.

2.54 GAA and .900 for CJ. That's about what I expected out of the backup. So be it.

If that gets to 3.00 and .890, we have a problem.

Doesn't help when he gets run support of 1 and missed open nets either.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
B's have been spoiled with some of the goalie tandems in the past few seasons. Most clubs don't have a legit 1A option.

Problem is, most nights Svedberg HAS looked like a 1A :D

Well that is the elephant in the room, and a legitimate second guess. His cap would have been $1m, no?

Somehow the reasons for the present goalie configuration seems to be ignored, and I'm not sure why that is since it has been mentioned many times in this forum over the course of the season since camp broke and the season began:

Svedberg is in the AHL not because he was demoted -- he's in Providence to play games. Lots and lots of games! If he was sitting at the door instead of Johnson, then he gets far fewer games which stalls his development.

So, what is it exactly that folks here want: do they want both Svedberg and Rask on the "A" team, which doesn't bode well for Svedberg and maybe leads to Rask getting fewer games, or do they want Johnson and Rask on the "A" -- the status quo -- where Johnson very occasionally spells Rask and Svedberg continues to develop and hone his game so he is ready when his time comes?

Maybe there's some third option I am not aware of?

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I don't think Rask has to play, put a number on it, 85% of the games to justify his contract. He just needs to play well and help win games in the playoffs. I don't see why a 67%/33% split is out of the question. Healthy competition is good for the position and pushes the starter.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I don't think Rask has to play, put a number on it, 85% of the games to justify his contract. He just needs to play well and help win games in the playoffs. I don't see why a 67%/33% split is out of the question. Healthy competition is good for the position and pushes the starter.

Agreed, not sure Johnson is a guy who can push or compete with Tuukka but any way we cut it, goaltending is far from being an issue with this team IMO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad