GDT: 11/2: Aint No Party Like a Boston Party! 7pm ET: NESN, 98.5 FM

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Au revoir Nassau Coliseum. Place makes the old Boston Garden look like a palace.

nassau-coliseum.jpg

7pm Eastern
NESN HD and 98.5 FM

Gone Fishin'
Thanks CamFan81!

march_tavares_zpsfafe502e.gif

My guess is same lines as last night only Bartkowski will be in JB's spot.

Over under on how many goals Vanek scores tomorrow? I say 2.

A nice win will cap off an epic day for this city.

SoxySeidenmoose_zps2128fa7d.png

Let's do this! Go Bruins!

koji-uehara-high-five.gif

This GDT is made locally in the beautiful city of Boston.
If you don't like the Sox stuff in the GDT, take it up with the Mods.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

Let's get another W... Expecting Johnson to start. Expecting Vanek to pot 5.

Should be an awesome day. Head into the best city in the World to see the best baseball team in the World early, stay there for the day, then come home to this. Should be pretty good. :)

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport

Let's get another W... Expecting Johnson to start. Expecting Vanek to pot 5.

You just had to, didn't you.

Johnson starts, Vanek pots 4 goals, chaos ensues, Lucic beats Carkner into pulp but it doesn't matter because the Bruins still lose and the new cry is that Svedberg is the key to a 2013 Cup victory.

Or not.

as far as the GDT being made locally in the beautiful city of Boston, does that also include the strip mall on Dot Ave next to the Boys and Girls of Dorchester? There's a good Vietnamese place there, but I dunno if I'd call it "beautiful" perse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
You just had to, didn't you.

Johnson starts, Vanek pots 4 goals, chaos ensues, Lucic beats Carkner into pulp but it doesn't matter because the Bruins still lose and the new cry is that Svedberg is the key to a 2013 Cup victory.

Or not.

as far as the GDT being made locally in the beautiful city of Boston, does that also include the strip mall on Dot Ave next to the Boys and Girls of Dorchester? There's a good Vietnamese place there, but I dunno if I'd call it "beautiful" perse.

Of course I had to. ;)

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I've had my tickets printed for about a month now.

Really looking forward to seeing the new-look lineup live for the first time. Always a treat when the Bruins are here.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Of course I had to. ;)

Ha.

Somewhere in the beautiful city of Boston, someone is holding an imaginary trophy over their head. :laugh:

Ok, game related stuff.

It's a good place for Johnson to get a start. With the wicked hectic schedule coming up on us he's gonna need some good looks at some point, so a game against the Isles is as good a time as any. Isles even before adding Vanek had some impressive offense, and he just makes them more difficult to mark now. That said....Nabokov or Poulin don't exactly instill fear in me.

I have no idea if I'll end up watching this. Sox parade in the morning, whiskey tasting in the afternoon. I could be facedown in the street in front of the local bodega by puck drop doing my own tribute to Nassau County.

*pours out Pepsi*

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Really looking forward to seeing the new-look lineup live for the first time. Always a treat when the Bruins are here.

Even better when the home team is now one that has to be taken seriously. Watched the Isles/Sens game, real fun team to watch, D is work in progress but...in spite of playing last night, going to be a real tough game, no means is this any longer a guaranteed 2pts by any stretch

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Have fun and cheer loud for our buys ! :)

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO:handclap::handclap:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Clode.

Sruck going to some halloween party donight, so I'll be watching on the iPad or tomorrow morning.

Maybe you'll get lucky and there will be a TV that you and other "would rather be watching hockey" attendees can watch.

I suspect Boston is going to be one giant party today-probably a good thing the B's are in the land of the Fishsticks.

I agree that today would be a good time to start Johnson even if it means Vanek scores 4 goals instead I 3.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I am hoping for a good game, that the isles rise to the challenge of playing against one of the best teams in the east.

Let's go Isles.

Talain

Mar 7, 2007
Haha any of you guys check out the Isles GDT? Pretty funny.

Thank you. Thank you very much! :handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

It's been a big hit on our board (Islanders fan here). I for one have to admit that showing the same impeccable quality as that of our team's defense and goaltending was a nice touch :D

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Chilling at the hotel with the bride, waiting for sir WBC. Right down the street from the concrete done of an arena. Last I heard about an hour ago, WBC was lost in manhattan.

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
Supposedly the Islanders are still going to be called the Islanders in Brooklyn? That's really dumb :shakehead

What's the logo going to be...a hockey player sitting in a lounge chair with sunglasses and a little umbrella drink in the middle of Flatbush Ave?

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
:handclap: I will watch for you. Where are you sitting ?

Have a blast and cheer loud for our boys :yo:

Four rows up from the ice to the right of the Islanders bench a few sections. I almost bought seats like yours right next to the bench but I decided against it at the last minute haha

Mine were only 35 and they are pretty close to the front row. Living out here has its advantages sometimes...

Supposedly the Islanders are still going to be called the Islanders in Brooklyn? That's really dumb :shakehead

What's the logo going to be...a hockey player sitting in a lounge chair with sunglasses and a little umbrella drink in the middle of Flatbush Ave?

Brooklyn is still technically on Long Island

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad