GDT: 11/2: Aint No Party Like a Boston Party! 7pm ET: NESN, 98.5 FM

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I just find it funny everyone thinks we are gonna start scoring again when loui gets back.
I dont see it happening.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
He's won one game and the defense and offense played terribly tonight. Honestly he hasn't been so bad. :dunno: What you expect from a backup goalie.

We're spoiled. You won't see the likes of Thomas-Rask on almost any team in the NHL for a long, long time. Still scratching my head at why they didn't re-sign Khudobin, though...

Pretty sure Khodobin wanted to go somewhere that he would have a shot at being the #1-with Rask he knew that was unlikely.

Not sure how much Carolina gave him but I also am not sure he would have fit in the cap structure.

Not thrilled with Johnson but I think he is here to play bridge before Svedberg gets back up duties.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
If anyone says they have confidence in johnson. They are lying.
We should be starting rask whenever we can

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Pretty sure Khodobin wanted to go somewhere that he would have a shot at being the #1-with Rask he knew that was unlikely.

Not sure how much Carolina gave him but I also am not sure he would have fit in the cap structure.

Not thrilled with Johnson but I think he is here to play bridge before Svedberg gets back up duties.

Agreed. Johnson is on a one year deal I assume and Svedberg will liklely be the back up next year.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
If anyone says they have confidence in johnson. They are lying.
We should be starting rask whenever we can

I don't think Johnson is great even as a back up either but I don't blame the loss on him, the team in front of him was lackluster.

Due to their cap situation and that they are paying Rask 7mil the Bruins don't have much to invest in a back up. Rask will play lots as long as he is healthy but he can't play all 82, he's got to be ready to go for the playoffs to.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I don't think Johnson is great even as a back up either but I don't blame the loss on him, the team in front of him was lackluster.

Due to their cap situation and that they are paying Rask 7mil the Bruins don't have much to invest in a back up. Rask will play lots as long as he is healthy but he can't play all 82, he's got to be ready to go for the playoffs to.

True. But they gotta make the playoffs.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
We may not start scoring, but some of that drive and effort might come back, which is a big part of what we were missing in tonight's game.

Missing a lot more than drive. Look at where the shots came from today. Almost all of them from the danger area of the ice. That to me is very concerning. The defensive game has become static again. This team might be the only team in the NHL right now that doesn't run picks as part of their defensive coverage. On top of this they couldn't put together 2 passes to save their bacon.

The third man up high has become problematic again. Other teams are running picks in the defensive zone and without the 3rd man being involved in the cycle it becomes too easy to break.

The other big glaring issue is the line changes. The team gets hemmed in for 30 seconds, someone chips it and the team changes. We need to be passing that puck back to the D on the far side so we can maintain possession. We used to do it so well. The forwards would push up ice and drop it back for a d-d-d pass and a regroup for a fresh breakout.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
A very disappointing effort by this team tonight. Hardly to believe they weren't the team that played last night. Many players guilty of some pretty sloppy playing. Johnson was not the problem tonight for sure. This is a game that Boston could have and should have won. We are in a very competitive division and blowing these games could always come back to haunt you, you never know. This team should be playing a lot better than it has been and that's why it's so frustrating. They just aren't playing to their potential.

I agree.8 wins and 5 losses just doesn't cut it for a team with Stanley Cup aspirations. While I certainly don't blame Johnson for the loss,I can't help but feel we might have won with Tuuka in goal.I am not sure why Julien went with Johnson,Tuuka can handle a heavy workload and it is not like it was a back to back game.

nonoffensiveusername

May 23, 2009
Biggest issue is offense. When Brad Marchand and Patrice Bergeron aren't contributing that way, the team is going to suffer. Hopefully Spooner can help pick up the offensive slack. Smith had a good start, but looks like he might be starting to tail off.

lucicfist17*

The team as not been hitting lately and the lack of effort to fight thru checks has been alarming.:help:

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Wonder what the people who blame Johnson are going to say when he really plays badly and more often. He didn't cost us tonight. How many odd-mann-rushes did they have? Like 10?

Johnson played 2 out of 13 games because we have a ridicilously easy schedule in October like every year.
He will get more and more starts as the season goes on.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Wonder what the people who blame Johnson are going to say when he really plays badly and more often. He didn't cost us tonight. How many odd-mann-rushes did they have? Like 10?

Johnson played 2 out of 13 games because we have a ridicilously easy schedule in October like every year.
He will get more and more starts especially since Tuukka won't be able to play both sets of every back-to-back like he already did twice this season.

The only time Johnson should play is when the team is playing back to back. Tuuka can handle a heavy workload.Johnson shouldn't have played tonight.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Claude's job will be on the line again pretty soon.... 1 shootout win in the last 4 games.

I am outsider but Chiarelli-Julien has to be top 3 GM-HC combo in the league.

I see many players who leave Bruins system and look ordinary. And many players look better in Black and Gold.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
The 2nd line is painful to watch right now but I'm surprised at what I read about Smith. He skates well and make good passes. The play rarely die with him and his two linemate even if more proven aren't helping. Marchand has try hard to make something happen, his shot isn't aiming for the corner and he overhandle the puck at time, but he's coming. To me Bergy is by far the worst of the 3 right now. He still has excellent hockey sense, but damn he's slow at everything, even his descision making is slow at time. Right now almost all offense he create is by winning faceoffs. He's not himself, even in corner battle he doesn't look strong.

Summer was too short for him and I'm questionning if he didn't force his return a little, might have been better if he missed the 1st month. Hope it's only his VO2 who's not what he normally his and hope playing help him getting there.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Claude's job will be on the line again pretty soon.... 1 shootout win in the last 4 games.

Yeah...that was said last year as well. And look where we ended up at the end of the season. At this point, I don't think this is a coaching issue, it's a lack of effort and a player problem. At least we aren't in Buffalo or Phillys position....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad