GDT: 11/19: A Very Special Night: Bruins @ NY Rangers 7:30 PM, TSN, NBCN, NESN, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
CongratsPatricecopy.jpg

Bergy_career_Statscopy.jpg

Bergy_funcopy.jpg

Let's start from

Bergy_beginningcopy.jpg

Bergy_JrHocleycopy.jpg

Welcome To Boston Patrice!

Bergy_BecomingBcopy.jpg

Playing for Canada

Bergy_canadacopy.jpg

A True Champion. Our Champion.

Bergy_championcopy.jpg

finalwords.jpg

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Bergeron!! Bergeron!! There have been quite a few good calls in Bruins history, that one will stick around for a while...

My favorite all time Bruin. He's in some pretty good company, and you ask me, the best is yet to come from him. A W would make a good birthday present. Go B's!

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Nice job-love Bergy and think he deserves a little attention.

Love the baby Bergy pictures-he is still a young man but the pictures when he first came to the Bs-he looks so young in.

Hopefully Bergy will have a big night and the Bruins will beat what is likely a very motivated rangers team. Curious to see how the Bruins match up with the new Rangers post Torts.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Classy GDT for a classy player and person. Thank you Ali and thank you Bergy. I can't believe he has been in the league for 10 seasons. I still look at him as a kid. It was a little touch and go for Bergeron early on with the concussion issues but he has carved out a phenomenal career for himself. Aside from the WJC team, I don't know if he ever got top billing from mainstream media until a couple of years ago but the man is a winner.

As for the game, I have a strong dislike for AV so I hope the B's pump the Rags.... But it'll probably be another typical 2-1 Rangers-Bruins game.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Still get chills from Goucher's call.

I love the Canada stuff, plus also the litany of honors. Like you said, no All-Star appearances...which should tell us all we need to know about the All-Star game.

It really is an amazing tribute to a guy who is one of the heart and soul members of a really good group of guys.

Brilliant. This was a labor of love.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Bergeron!! Bergeron!! There have been quite a few good calls in Bruins history, that one will stick around for a while...

My favorite all time Bruin. He's in some pretty good company, and you ask me, the best is yet to come from him. A W would make a good birthday present. Go B's!

I have the mp3 file bookmarked on my iphone and it still gets me excited every time I hear it.

member 96824

Now that Vignault is behind the bench these games will probably be a little more exciting than they have been in the past haha

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Oh so much adorableness with no warning!
I hope he has a big night and costs me a lot of money. I'm down for $10 per Movember goal ($30 so far).

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I got very misty eyed putting it together. I remember seeing him play on my 21st birthday and being impressed with him then. He means a lot to everyone and deserves a huge standing O Thursday night when they come home.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Now that Vignault is behind the bench these games will probably be a little more exciting than they have been in the past haha

One thing is sure, they can't be any more boring than in the last few years. Some of the worst hockey I've ever seen.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Wonderful tribute. And well-deservered. We're so lucky to have this guy.

My favorite Bergeron story comes courtesy of his mother (read this years ago, and it always stuck with me).

Patrice was about 5 years old when his parents got him into organized hockey. Just about the first thing he did when he got out on the ice was skate over to the goalie net and sit down inside it. When the coach suggested he might want to participate, he said "no, I'm good."

This continued for several sessions. Finally his parents said he didn't have to go if he didn't want to, and he said, "no, I like it." (He was always a very quiet, thoughtful little boy, his mom said.)

Then one day, instead of taking his usual spot in the net, he participated fully, and was one of the best players on the ice.

His mother said that's Patrice. He would always watch and learn, and when he thought he was ready, that's when he'd join in. Even at that age.

Now when I think of Bergy, I always picture a wide-eyed boy in a hockey net, quietly watching and learning.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

My favorite Bergeron story comes courtesy of his mother (read this years ago, and it always stuck with me).

Patrice was about 5 years old when his parents got him into organized hockey. Just about the first thing he did when he got out on the ice was skate over to the goalie net and sit down inside it. When the coach suggested he might want to participate, he said "no, I'm good."

This continued for several sessions. Finally his parents said he didn't have to go if he didn't want to, and he said, "no, I like it." (He was always a very quiet, thoughtful little boy, his mom said.)

Then one day, instead of taking his usual spot in the net, he participated fully, and was one of the best players on the ice.

His mother said that's Patrice. He would always watch and learn, and when he thought he was ready, that's when he'd join in. Even at that age.

Now when I think of Bergy, I always picture a wide-eyed boy in a hockey net, quietly watching and learning.

That is a great story!

Wonderful GDT!! Please win this one for Bergy!

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
Patrice!!! Patrice!!!

My fav Bruin since he joined the squad... love the work ethic.

Special kid, great GDT, Bergy deserves all the love.

Hoping he can get another cup and gold medal to his accolades and cement #37 in the rafters.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

Cool story and it sounds like Bergy-probably why he is so good with and without the puck.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Is anyone else annoyed by the fact they don't include playoff games in those stats?

I mean, the playoff games are much more important that the regular season games, so why leave them out?

Why is Bergy going to play his 600th game and not his 684th one?

Why did Eriksson "take away" Bart's first NHL goal? A guy who scored in a game 7 last season ...

It's confusing.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Is anyone else annoyed by the fact they don't include playoff games in those stats?

I mean, the playoff games are much more important that the regular season games, so why leave them out?

Why did Eriksson "take away" Bart's first NHL goal? A guy who scored in a game 7 last season ...

It's confusing.

Ya ive always thought that was kinda silly as well.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont

Haha thats kind of funny, cool story

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
Awesome tribute to my favorite player on our current roster. Thanks, Ali.

Bergy sets the bar high, both as a hockey player and a person. Glad he's on our team. Hope I'm still around to see his number retired someday. :handclap:

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

It's confusing.

It's easier, and fairer, to keep regular season and postseason stats separate. A player has no individual control over how many postseason games he plays. And it's not like those stats are ignored - they're just in a separate category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad