GDT: 11/19: A Very Special Night: Bruins @ NY Rangers 7:30 PM, TSN, NBCN, NESN, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Great GDT.

I fully expect Krug to get back in the New York groove.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Wonderful tribute. And well-deservered. We're so lucky to have this guy.

My favorite Bergeron story comes courtesy of his mother (read this years ago, and it always stuck with me).

Patrice was about 5 years old when his parents got him into organized hockey. Just about the first thing he did when he got out on the ice was skate over to the goalie net and sit down inside it. When the coach suggested he might want to participate, he said "no, I'm good."

This continued for several sessions. Finally his parents said he didn't have to go if he didn't want to, and he said, "no, I like it." (He was always a very quiet, thoughtful little boy, his mom said.)

Then one day, instead of taking his usual spot in the net, he participated fully, and was one of the best players on the ice.

His mother said that's Patrice. He would always watch and learn, and when he thought he was ready, that's when he'd join in. Even at that age.

Now when I think of Bergy, I always picture a wide-eyed boy in a hockey net, quietly watching and learning.

I rermember reading that story. ;)

Congrats Bergy !

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :handclap::handclap:

ronwm

Aug 4, 2010
(South of) Boston
I'll add in one of my favorite pics of Patrice....

GMbwB.png

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Now that Vignault is behind the bench these games will probably be a little more exciting than they have been in the past haha

Well, they've been playing fun hockey win or lose pretty consistently since the poor start. Although the Kings game was an abortion. But hey it's the Kings. We actually skate and pass once in a while now. :laugh: Good luck.

Oh and btw, Bergeron and I share a birthday! He beat me by a year though.

Last edited:

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I still remember Bergeron being a young 18 year old in the game, sometimes I forget how long he has played.

Also what a year that 2003 entry draft, just realized that Eriksson was also drafted in the second round at 33rd overall. Him and Bergeron linemates in the same draft year in the same round.

Also I saw that Dallas did not have a pick in the first round.
Pick 28 - Dallas traded its 28th overall pick to Anaheim for Nos. 36 and 54 in the 2003 NHL draft.

Good thing of instead getting Corey Perry they got Vojteck Polak and B.J. Crombeen. OUCH.

ytownhockey10

tornado of souls
Mar 8, 2010
in the salt
@DarrenDreger:

Enter Looch, stage left.

if i'm nash, i've got my head waaaay up tonight - and forgetting about the whole phantom headshot thing. pretty gutsy of him TBH, but looch the Bs are dead last on my list of PCS slumpbusters.

whaddaya say boys, let's pull a good one for bergy eh?

Last edited:

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
if i'm nash, i've got my head waaaay up tonight - and forgetting about the whole phantom headshot thing. pretty gutsy of him TBH, but looch the Bs are dead last on my list of PCS slumpbusters.

Finally Nash is playing, I have the guy in my pool and sadly he has been out for so long.
Heres hope to the guy to keep healthy for a long time, plus Team Canada needs him.

ytownhockey10

tornado of souls
Mar 8, 2010
in the salt
Finally Nash is playing, I have the guy in my pool and sadly he has been out for so long.
Heres hope to the guy to keep healthy for a long time, plus Team Canada needs him.

agreed 100%, love the way he plays the game. canada doesn't need any more injuries to the big guns.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport

I just love that the mere mention of Lucic's name sends Ranger fans into fits of hysterics. Nash so much as sneezes and blows out his eardrum and Lucic is in the building, Milan's at fault. :laugh:

hubey

Nov 19, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Awesome GDT Ali. Bergeron is one of the classiest Bruins to wear the spoked B, so wonderful tribute to him. Kudos to you Ali, S of M and the rest of the GDT makers for all your efforts in making the GDT's for the rest of us Bruins fans to enjoy. B's win 4-1 tonight!

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
Great GDT...thanks for the trip down Bergeron memory lane.

Looking back to that 31 goal, 05/06 season, I remember being in awe of Bergy's game. You could see that his hockey IQ was off the charts, and the way he was able to create space for himself, and create passing lanes was above where most players are at his age. I think he had two pretty good offensive seasons in a row, 05/06 and 06/07, and then the concussion happened.

After the concussion it took him a while to re-find his offensive game. If you look at those 05/06 highlights, he was a different player back then. He doesn't have that same release anymore, and he isn't quite as explosive. But his offensive game has come around enough, maybe not at the level we once hoped it might be, but enough, and he has transformed himself into one of the best all-around players in the game, hell, one of the best players, period.

It really is remarkable the "journey" he has taken during the course of these 600 games: breaking into the NHL at eighteen, emerging is a young star, battling a severe head injury, and then reemerging as a Stanley Cup champion and Selke winner. Great story. Great player. I'm glad we have had a chance to see him play 600 times; there was a time when that was not guaranteed. Here is to 600 more!!!

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Bergy along with Lucic are 2 Bruins I want to retire AS Bruins

Islander102

Dec 28, 2006
I'm going tonight, my Ranger fan friend has an extra ticket, so uh, play well guys and save me an unbearable train ride home on a heavily drunken red white and blue Long Island Rail Road.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Thank you, Ali for the great GDT.

Didn't even know it was his 600th tonight... Incredible to think he's already hit that milestone even with a year lost to a concussion and two lockouts.

My favorite NHLer from his first game as an 18-year old. And he's a far better player now than when he was in his 30-goal season. He's the absolute best and I (again) feel incredibly fortunate to be a Bruins fan with him on the team.

Would love to see this team get a nice big, fat win tonight.

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
Is this game actually being aired on NESN or is it a blackout and going to Versus/NBCN/whatever it is? Gotta set the DVR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->