GDT: 11/19 7 PM - Game 18 - Can the Bruins tame the Wild? - NESN, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Maybe we can ambush the Wild while they're distracted in the visitors dressing room and steal some of their dmen.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
How has Tuukka been this season? Haven't seen any Bruins games this season.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Marchand—Bergeron—Hayes
Vatrano—Krejci—Eriksson
Beleskey—Spooner—Connolly
Rinaldo—Kemppainen—Randell

Worth trying.

I suppose Vatrano is on LW because that's what he's used to, while Loui is more versatile? I guess that's fine, although Loui seems to play better at LW. I almost wish they've flip them.

I thought Rinaldo would bring more to the 4th line...it's time for a Griffith or some other dude in Providence. Sucks Koko is injured.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Hopefully today's practice lineups are what we see tomorrow. I like all 4 lines, and hopefully Spooner and Connolly look better this time around. I don't think Connolly is quite ready for top 6. Hopefully the shocking start will have all on that line more defensively responsible this time around, I know atleast now Spooner is acknowledging his defensive shortcomings.
The problem is that Spooner knew last season when coach sent him down it was because of his defensive shortcomings. He just now acknowledging it?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
The problem is that Spooner knew last season when coach sent him down it was because of his defensive shortcomings. He just now acknowledging it?

“The only thing I can control is the way I play, and it’s in my hands,†Spooner said. “When that happens, I need to make sure that my compete level is there, and sometimes you’re not going to get the bounces you want. When that doesn’t happen, I still need to make sure I’m being hard on pucks and all that kind of stuff.â€

“The games are demanding, the schedule is demanding, something that I’m not really used to. I need to look after myself and just go out there and play how I can and I’m sure things will work themselves out.â€

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...improvement/GE1vFWvRtvyM6A4mFGBS3M/story.html

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

I have to say this is what bothers me the most about Spooner. He has been told often enough what is expected of him yet it just doesn't seem to have made much of an impression on him, until now. Does he really think he's so good he doesn't have to listen??? I mean we're not talking Connor McDavid here....

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
“The only thing I can control is the way I play, and it’s in my hands,†Spooner said. “When that happens, I need to make sure that my compete level is there, and sometimes you’re not going to get the bounces you want. When that doesn’t happen, I still need to make sure I’m being hard on pucks and all that kind of stuff.â€

“The games are demanding, the schedule is demanding, something that I’m not really used to. I need to look after myself and just go out there and play how I can and I’m sure things will work themselves out.â€

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...improvement/GE1vFWvRtvyM6A4mFGBS3M/story.html

Wound up tighter than a drum....

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
So K. Miller is out. Will be good to see the good Miller back into the lineup.

Still not too confident about the Bruins winning tonight. We always struggle against Minny at home.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Decent GDT effort over on the Wild forum :laugh:

Xq7wyDr.jpg

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Rene's not singing tonight so we got a chance :laugh:

Tonight's Officials
Referees Dean Morton (36), Ian Walsh (29)
Linesmen Derek Nansen (70), Brian Murphy (93)

Ntl. Anthem Todd Angilly

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20152016/[email protected]?1447940488000

BOSTON vs. MINNESOTA, LIFETIME SERIES
- The Bruins and Wild are meeting for the 17th time in their franchise histories with the Bruins having a 4-11-0-1 record and the Wild holding a 46-29 scoring advantage in those games.

- The Bruins are 1-7-0-0 in their 8 home games of this lifetime series with Minnesota having a 24-13 scoring edge in those contests.

- The Bruins split their season series with the Wild last year with each team winning on the road … The Bruins have won just one home game in this lifetime series, a 4-1 victory on Mar. 17, 2014.

- Fun Facts: The 17 games between these teams represent the fewest for Boston vs. of any of their current opponents … The Bruins have gone 3 for 9 (33.3%) on the power play in their last 3 games vs. the Wild after being blanked in their 1st opportunities over 13 games … Minnesota’s 6-game win streak in Boston was the longest ever by an NHL opponent from the start of a lifetime series … The
Wild were just the 3rd franchise to win more than just their 1st all-time game in Boston (0-2 vs. Montreal and 0-3 each vs. Toronto and Ottawa, all in 1924-25) … The Wild own all 3 shutouts of this lifetime series.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Just when I think the Bruins will get crushed they do the opposite.

So my original theory of the Bruins losing tonight is being switched for a win.

Get this 3-0 Boston

Go Bruins.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Please just win.

I am sick of driving home after a loss. The ride seems so much longer after a bad game.

Any news on Pasta ?

Who is in net tonight (for the B's ) ?

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :handclap::handclap:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Hate to see injuries and hate that injuries are the only way to get certain players out of the lineup.

Big game today but we have luck in our side on this one with Parise&Scandella being out.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
BOSTON vs. MINNESOTA, LIFETIME SERIES
- The Bruins and Wild are meeting for the 17th time in their franchise histories with the Bruins having a 4-11-0-1 record and the Wild holding a 46-29 scoring advantage in those games.

- The Bruins are 1-7-0-0 in their 8 home games of this lifetime series with Minnesota having a 24-13 scoring edge in those contests.

Our lifetime record against the Wild defies logic. We need a win at home badly.

:soap:

A loss tonight to the Wild will just magnify the microscope that the Canadian media will place on the Bruins on Saturday. Cherry will most certainly address 'What's the matter with the Broons' and Friedman and Cox will speculate on what imminent changes Boston must do and if the Bruins LOSE to both the Wild and Leafs the buzzards will be flying around the Garden.

Next week could be the end of the Julien era. After we play the Leafs on Saturday we play 2 division games on the road in Detroit and Toronto and then the Rangers on Black Friday. That Rangers game could be ugly both on and off the ice as traditionally the crowd is very drunk before the game starts. It is Sullivan's Tap biggest day of the year and at 8 AM the bar is full. A bad showing against the Rangers on national TV will make for a very angry crowd.

What I am saying is the turnaround has to start tonight, the doomsday clock is now at 11:59 PM. Claude knows this from what he is saying to the press. I can only imagine what he is saying behind closed doors. That would be a Behind the B episode that would be epic. I also wonder if EPIX has started following the Bruins for the 'Road To The NHL Winter Classic'.

Bruins 'Song for the Day' is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad