GDT: 11/19 7 PM - Game 18 - Can the Bruins tame the Wild? - NESN, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Things don't any easier for the gang as Minnesota comes in after losing at Pittsburgh last night.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_29131569/penguins-4-wild-3-pittsburgh-gets-healthy-at

For the second straight game, the Wild failed to capture a lead.

They haven't led in regulation play in the first three games of this four-game road trip -- ahead only when they scored a sudden-death goal to beat Carolina in overtime last Thursday.

"It's a bad trait we have right now, giving up the first couple goals and then trying to fight our way back," defenseman Ryan Suter said. "It's good to know that we can, but at the same time, I don't think we're going to be very successful if we continue to do that."

In their first regulation loss since Nov. 5, the Wild (10-4-3) fell apart after knotting the game at 1-1.

They were sloppy with the puck in the second period, turning it over carelessly as the Penguins tallied four goals in 31 minutes, 11 seconds for all the scoring they needed.

"We couldn't get to our game," coach Mike Yeo said. "It was just turnover after turnover in front of their defensemen. We knew we couldn't play that type of game tonight. We just didn't execute it well enough."

http://www.startribune.com/malkin-dazzles-as-penguins-edge-wild/351239361/

The game continued a trend of subpar starts for the Wild. The Wild, 3-3-3 on the road, has yet to have a lead in regulation during this road trip.

“You keep having starts like that, it’s tough to be chasing the game,†coach Mike Yeo said. “It’s been a few games where it’s taken us a little while to get her going.â€

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Wild are a scary team, but they'll be atleast missing Parise and maybe Scandella.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Hopefully today's practice lineups are what we see tomorrow. I like all 4 lines, and hopefully Spooner and Connolly look better this time around. I don't think Connolly is quite ready for top 6. Hopefully the shocking start will have all on that line more defensively responsible this time around, I know atleast now Spooner is acknowledging his defensive shortcomings.

BigBadBruins63*

I really like that Marchand -- Bergeron -- Hayes line. Hopefully it looks good on the ice.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I really like that Marchand -- Bergeron -- Hayes line. Hopefully it looks good on the ice.

That is a line I wanted before the season.

Also, while Vatrano is doing kind of well and working very hard, he doesn't possess Pasta ability to create something on his own. I can't wait for him to be back.

Loui-Krejci-Pasta
Marchand-Bergy-Hayes
Beleskey-Spooner-Connolly
Randell-Joonas-Vatrano

Chara-C.Miller
Krug-Seids
Morrow-McQuaid

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Looking forward to this one . I added the sports package on my cable and decided to end my wifi hockey experience.Too much buffering ,stoppages ,etc . 3-2 Bruins ,Miller out will make a big difference.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
The answer to your question is WHO THE HELL KNOWS!

Boston Jeckell and Hydes

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
My friend is cutting my hair at 7, I basically planned it that way so I don't have to watch the 3rd period and I can act like they won.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I want Bruins pick and Sharks pick owned by Bruins to be as high as possible.We will all be happier about it in June trust me.This defence is a mess.Only 1 way to fix it.Time and drafting.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Am I the only one who feels that this team can beat any team in the league? Only depending on which Bruins team we get.

jdz

May 22, 2013
Minnesota have a pretty vicious forecheck.

Our Ds do not cope well with that.

:help:

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
I want Bruins pick and Sharks pick owned by Bruins to be as high as possible.We will all be happier about it in June trust me.This defence is a mess.Only 1 way to fix it.Time and drafting.

Will we be happier? After they passed on Barzal and Connor this year I'm scared of who they will pick with two top 10 picks?

PIMsCup

Nov 18, 2014
LA / NH Boston?
Will we be happier? After they passed on Barzal and Connor this year I'm scared of who they will pick with two top 10 picks?

Still with the Barzal and Conner stuff? Can we put it on the back burner till some of these prospects have seen NHL icetime? It's a nightmare of a broken record in here.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Practice Lines

Marchand—Bergeron—Hayes
Vatrano—Krejci—Eriksson
Beleskey—Spooner—Connolly
Rinaldo—Kemppainen—Randell

Worth trying.

I suppose Vatrano is on LW because that's what he's used to, while Loui is more versatile? I guess that's fine, although Loui seems to play better at LW. I almost wish they've flip them.

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
I need a couple of wins right now. 0 faith in the team (specifically, Rask) right now. I'm not used to seeing Rask suck, hits me harder than it probably should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad