GDT: 11/18: Boston Bruins @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7PM ET - NESN, 100.7 WZLX FM

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Yeti first star, Tuukka second and A Cane was the third (can't remember now).

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Completely forgot about the first goal, was driving home... my bad!

I realize it's a familiar narrative that the power play sucks around here and the second one certainly didn't look as good....but the first PP was a perfect example of what we'd really like to see from those units. Solid possession, tape to tape passes....it was a refreshing change.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
The Boychuk goal, said it was interference by Looch. And they wanted a tripping penalty with 30 seconds to go.

Looch was helped by the defense. Some refs may have called that off but most wouldn't.

Definitely not a penalty.

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA
I realize it's a familiar narrative that the power play sucks around here and the second one certainly didn't look as good....but the first PP was a perfect example of what we'd really like to see from those units. Solid possession, tape to tape passes....it was a refreshing change.

This.. first PP was text book. Though it's not to be described as 'dangerous', it's much improved.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Complained about Boychuk goal saying Lucic should have got some penalty
Complained that Lucic tripped someone before the EN

Did some dumb speech about how the NHL has the best refs in the world and blah blah blah

basically blamed the refs for the loss IMO

Looch did trip someone in the neutral zone...could have been called...they were wrong about Boychuk goal....it was good...

Jesus...they had more PP's than Boston!

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Soderberg needs to shoot more,his linemates are just not slick enough to anticipate his passes.

That's not even half the reason he should fire away though. Smith likes to hang out around the net. For as terrible as they looked earlier in the season, that third line was extremely effective tonight. Hopefully they can continue to have some success, cuz that scoring depth is a huge part of the cup run.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

I think this year the PP is kind of Jekyll and Hyde. Sometimes it is amazing with good passing and a lot of movement, but then that awful one occasionally shows up and tears it's ugly head.

Eriksson and Yeti are very good PP forwards-in addition to Dougie they make that Second unit PP work.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
That's not even half the reason he should fire away though. Smith likes to hang out around the net. For as terrible as they looked earlier in the season, that third line was extremely effective tonight. Hopefully they can continue to have some success, cuz that scoring depth is a huge part of the cup run.

Kelly and Campbell both could have scored tonight had they been ready for one of his passes.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
I think this year the PP is kind of Jekyll and Hyde. Sometimes it is amazing with good passing and a lot of movement, but then that awful one occasionally shows up and tears it's ugly head.

Eriksson and Yeti are very good PP forwards-in addition to Dougie they make that Second unit PP work.

Oh, there's no doubt it's maddeningly inconsistent from game to game, opportunity to opportunity even. It makes one wonder why that unit lacks the ability to string it together for an entire game (and we all have our reasons better left for another thread I suppose cause I just don't even care tonight. :laugh: )

I just saw people saying that the PP tonight overall was it's usual uninspiring self....when that first goal and power play opportunity was beautiful.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston

Ya I blew that one, probably should have thought a bit more. I might get in my car every time we have a PP :laugh:

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Third line was excellent.

Was glad to see Marchand get demoted in the 3rd, a couple of really sloppy shifts in a row that could have cost us.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Marchand getting demoted to the 4th line was well deserved, he was a turnover machine in his own end. Soderberg needs to shoot more, guy has really good vision but until he plays with better line mates it's a better option to just shoot then pass, really like how he is coming along.

maswe12

Feb 27, 2002
orlando, fl
Carolina Hurricanes have some cry baby announcers. Yes the refs were the reason why the Hurricanes lost. Wait the Hurricanes were on the PP 4 times and still lost 4-1.

Yeah that was painful to listen to. Seems like the Canes player knocked Ward's stick out anyway. Was surprised to see the reporter between the glass whining about it with a Canes player in an interview DURING the game...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad