Post-Game Talk: 11/17/16 | Coyotes 2 @ Canucks 3 | Overtime | Hutton with winner

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
that 2013 2014 roster.....

i cannot understand how any canucks fan can be as disgusted with what we have now as as empty a team we had in 2013.

bo horvat
sven baertschi
granlund

hutton
stecher
tryamkin

makes no sense. literally kassian and jensen our "prospects"

i cannot understand the doom and gloom this team possesses when u can look back 3 years ago and literally cry yourself to sleep.

pretty sure post scf loss is just 5 stages of acceptance and anyone whos pumped for the team has dealt with accepting we need to rebuild because that 2011 team was finished the second game 7 was over.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
The most interesting experience, for me, was on the way in. I had no idea bag checks were a thing until the guy sent me to the line. The bag I had used was one I hadn't really used in a long time and it felt empty so I assumed there was nothing in it. What I didn't know was that in my bag, there was this leopard print thong that I received as a gag gift a few years ago. So, as I take the bag and give it to the people, this guy with a WWE-esque figure and grave face is looking through my bag. Then he just stares at me, takes out the thong and does that "confused dog tilted head" face and everyone around me found it to be absolutely hilarious.

I'm disappointed that I had no legitimate opportunity to start a chant, but it was a fun night for sure.

"gag gift"

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Honestly, in all my years watching this league, that Chaput no goal was probably the biggest BS I've seen. Goalie literally jams his stick into the player's legs out of the crease. How is that not a goal? Absolute stupidness on that no goal.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
JQUMMqm.png

1:42 TOI for Dorsett? Never thought I'd see the day.

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com

i cannot understand how any canucks fan can be as disgusted with what we have now as as empty a team we had in 2013.

bo horvat
sven baertschi
granlund

hutton
stecher
tryamkin

i cannot understand the doom and gloom this team possesses when u can look back 3 years ago and literally cry yourself to sleep.

pretty sure post scf loss is just 5 stages of acceptance and anyone whos pumped for the team has dealt with accepting we need to rebuild because that 2011 team was finished the second game 7 was over.

:yo:

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
There were times in this game when the Canucks looked completely pitiful. Just a disorganized mess. First half of the 2nd period in particular the team was under constant siege and seemed to play much of the time in their own crease. Markstrom had to be herculean (and lucky) to hold them in the game. Score could have been like 5 - 0 or something.

Injury to Richardson (and why did we let him go???) seemed to turn things around and (maybe with Yotes tiring) we somewhat took over.

Entertaining game made mostly so by huge defensive gaffes by both sides.

Nice that Hutton scored a very pretty goal and possibly that will get him going. Confidence that he showed so much last year seemed to be disappearing and you can hope this gets a bit of his swagger back. However, throughout most of the game he continued to struggle with any kind of forecheck in his own end. Needs to move the puck quicker.

Players I liked were Sutter ,Sedins, Markstrom, Edler, Gudbranson, Burrows and Chaput. Stecher did some good things but needs to increase his zone of coverage.

Seemed like Guance got benched in the third when the team went to 3 lines. Seemed like Arizona was doing the same thing. In the highly unlikely chance the team ever gets back to a full line up believe Chaput centers the 4th line with Skille and Dorsett.

Tryamkin continues to trend well. Keeping things simple although there does seem sn urge to get to the goal. So much upside here. Seems like that even if he just accidentally bumps into people he does damage.

Eriksson still MIA

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
gillis was fired because he took the team from game 7 scf to 6th overall in 2 years

Don't know why I'm engaging you, but that team slumped hard in every position.

The next year it was a 101 point team with downgrades like Bonino instead of Kesler and Sbisa instead of Garrison.

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Don't know why I'm engaging you, but that team slumped hard in every position.

The next year it was a 101 point team with downgrades like Bonino instead of Kesler and Sbisa instead of Garrison.

it downgraded because we didnt draft **** for 6 years.

bonino and garrison hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

bonino wins cups just fine maybe if we drafted a 2c like ryan o reilly we could have been a good team

but bowie ryan o reilly was passed on by lots of teams.

good point.

the vancouver canucks passed on every single nhl player drafted between 2008 to 2012. check mate

Last edited:

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
it downgraded because we didnt draft **** for 6 years.

bonino and garrison hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

bonino wins cups just fine maybe if we drafted a 2c like ryan o reilly we could have been a good team

but bowie ryan o reilly was passed on by lots of teams.

good point.

the vancouver canucks passed on every single nhl player drafted between 2008 to 2012. check mate

Hutton was drafted 2012 you cant praise him in one post and not call him an NHLplayer in your next post.

Last edited:

DanCloutiersFiveHole

Sep 19, 2014
Vancouver

bo horvat
sven baertschi
granlund

hutton
stecher
tryamkin

Bolded are from Gillis (Granlund partially because he came from Shinkaruk)
Second, if you accept this team needs a rebuild how can you back a management team that is too blind to see that, or else is too whipped by ownership to do what's right for the team and the fan base and frankly the financial success of the organization?
I was pumped when Benning was hired, and I gave him the benefit of the doubt for a year, until little by little the small losses added up in the ledger and the big losses started coming in droves. The very disturbing fact is that since this team has dumped off an alarming number of players, as well as has ended up with the #5 and #6 pick in 2 out of 3 of the last drafts, that list you bring up looks seriously depressing. Top it off with the fact that the farm is the textbook definition of bare, and I don't see how you can be "pumped."
You talk about the five stages of acceptance which is funny, because you seem to be trapped in your own bubble of denial.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Honestly, in all my years watching this league, that Chaput no goal was probably the biggest BS I've seen. Goalie literally jams his stick into the player's legs out of the crease. How is that not a goal? Absolute stupidness on that no goal.

Ya that's not what happened. Chaput skated through the crease and as he did so he got himself tangled with the goaltenders stick (and arguably continued to hold the stick under his arm). It was about as clear goaltender interference as you can get. True Chaput was not in the crease at the time the shot came but his interference moments earlier prevented the goaltender from being to use himself and equipment to the best of abilities.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
There were times in this game when the Canucks looked completely pitiful. Just a disorganized mess. First half of the 2nd period in particular the team was under constant siege and seemed to play much of the time in their own crease. Markstrom had to be herculean (and lucky) to hold them in the game. Score could have been like 5 - 0 or something.

Injury to Richardson (and why did we let him go???) seemed to turn things around and (maybe with Yotes tiring) we somewhat took over.

Entertaining game made mostly so by huge defensive gaffes by both sides.

Nice that Hutton scored a very pretty goal and possibly that will get him going. Confidence that he showed so much last year seemed to be disappearing and you can hope this gets a bit of his swagger back. However, throughout most of the game he continued to struggle with any kind of forecheck in his own end. Needs to move the puck quicker.

Players I liked were Sutter ,Sedins, Markstrom, Edler, Gudbranson, Burrows and Chaput. Stecher did some good things but needs to increase his zone of coverage.

Seemed like Guance got benched in the third when the team went to 3 lines. Seemed like Arizona was doing the same thing. In the highly unlikely chance the team ever gets back to a full line up believe Chaput centers the 4th line with Skille and Dorsett.

Tryamkin continues to trend well. Keeping things simple although there does seem sn urge to get to the goal. So much upside here. Seems like that even if he just accidentally bumps into people he does damage.

Eriksson still MIA

Just interested to know who you think comes to Utica when (IF and I do mean IF) the Canucks return to a full line up and they keep Chaput?

It would be re-e-ally weird how Benning signs guys for the Comets and with his apparent lack of knowledge of those guys discovers they are better than what he has in his own camp and he ends up keeping them. Last year it was Cracknell and now it's Chaput?

The fan base couldn't wait to get him cut from the roster during camp. Remember how bad they said he was?

Speaking of a full lineup did the Canucks have even more injuries last night? I followed along and Dorsett and someone else, I forget who and don't feel like thumbing back through the pages, got hurt. Are there now more guys to replace from a roster in Utica that really has no one worth calling up except, YEAH, JAKE. Their current most dangerous forward is Archibald. Catch my drift?

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
It would be re-e-ally weird how Benning signs guys for the Comets and with his apparent lack of knowledge of those guys discovers they are better than what he has in his own camp and he ends up keeping them. Last year it was Cracknell and now it's Chaput?

This is really an odd way to drive Benning hate into the ground. He makes a couple of decent depth signings, and instead of acknowledging it you have to spin it into a negative about his lack of knowledge? There are like 20 other bad transactions you can pin on this guy, it's alright to acknowledge a couple decent ones.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00