Post-Game Talk: 11/17/16 | Coyotes 2 @ Canucks 3 | Overtime | Hutton with winner

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Well, I guess Marky still remembers how to bounce back after a bad game. He wants to be the #1 of this team.

Can't be anything but happy when Ben Hutton scores on a penalty shot in OT.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Hutton has played about 85-90% of the time with Gudbranson so far this season. They should give a look at keeping Stecher with Edler and player Tanev with Hutton when he comes back.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Well, I guess Marky still remembers how to bounce back after a bad game. He wants to be the #1 of this team.

Can't be anything but happy when Ben Hutton scores on a penalty shot in OT.

He did follow the puck a bit too much on the second goal, which pulled him out of position a bit, but overall a good bounce back game from Marky!

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I hate my namesake

way to go winning this meaningless game

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Battle of the Basement: Willie's Revenge!

"It's not a feel good story, it's a real gud story!"

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
He did follow the puck a bit too much on the second goal, which pulled him out of position a bit, but overall a good bounce back game from Marky!

Yeah, he bit hard on the play but made up for it from then on. He might be starting next time around too, so let's hope he builds on this performance.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Yet another game where we didn't have the lead once. :laugh:

We're going to Cinderella all the way to the Cup with a grand total of like 30 minutes of time with the lead all year.

Just tons and tons of loser points, OT wins, and 7 game series straight through the playoffs with half the games going to triple OT.

:)

Or maybe like, one of the ugly stepsisters.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
JQUMMqm.png

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Last time the Sedins had over 20 minutes of ice time in in this time frame was back in 2013-14.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
That win probably bought him another 2 weeks.

I really doubt WD is going to be fired. Why? To save the season?

The time to change things is the offseason. Putting in a new scheme and coach is something you get ready for camp. Canucks did nothing. Again, why? I think they thought they were good. Now that the team is struggling do these same managers have any clue about fixes? The Kane talk tells me they do not.

Hoping for moves from this braintrust is counter-productive. They will, for sure, wreck things further. Let WD and the twins work through it. They will be horrible but at no cost. You do not have to deal Tanev or Horvat to ensure a lottery pick.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
That was a decent experience. Way better than what I expected from a Yotes-Canucks clash. Weird things I saw were a Tom Sestito Jersey and some horrific dabbing attempts on the jumbotron. Never order poutine from there, the cheese curds were cold as hell. I don't know what funky angles are out for the Tryamkin/Richardson thing, but from my pretty good view, it looked more awkward than malicious. I'm all for team tank, but I can't say I didn't like the ending. Felt great to see Hutton just fly with the puck like that. I liked where I was sitting, but it kinda sucks that no Canuck goals were scored there.

e3f7471e779d4fa59749ce157e879275.png

The most interesting experience, for me, was on the way in. I had no idea bag checks were a thing until the guy sent me to the line. The bag I had used was one I hadn't really used in a long time and it felt empty so I assumed there was nothing in it. What I didn't know was that in my bag, there was this leopard print thong that I received as a gag gift a few years ago. So, as I take the bag and give it to the people, this guy with a WWE-esque figure and grave face is looking through my bag. Then he just stares at me, takes out the thong and does that "confused dog tilted head" face and everyone around me found it to be absolutely hilarious.

I'm disappointed that I had no legitimate opportunity to start a chant, but it was a fun night for sure.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad