Post-Game Talk: 11/17/16 | Coyotes 2 @ Canucks 3 | Overtime | Hutton with winner

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
This is really an odd way to drive Benning hate into the ground. He makes a couple of decent depth signings, and instead of acknowledging it you have to spin it into a negative about his lack of knowledge? There are like 20 other bad transactions you can pin on this guy, it's alright to acknowledge a couple decent ones.

You would be correct if the signings, for Utica as you say, were in Utica. They are in Vancouver. That's why you sign more than two! The farm is there to support the Canucks and 2 guys won't do it when there are no prospects there.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Just interested to know who you think comes to Utica when (IF and I do mean IF) the Canucks return to a full line up and they keep Chaput?

It would be re-e-ally weird how Benning signs guys for the Comets and with his apparent lack of knowledge of those guys discovers they are better than what he has in his own camp and he ends up keeping them. Last year it was Cracknell and now it's Chaput?

The fan base couldn't wait to get him cut from the roster during camp. Remember how bad they said he was?

Speaking of a full lineup did the Canucks have even more injuries last night? I followed along and Dorsett and someone else, I forget who and don't feel like thumbing back through the pages, got hurt. Are there now more guys to replace from a roster in Utica that really has no one worth calling up except, YEAH, JAKE. Their current most dangerous forward is Archibald. Catch my drift?

Unless he starts doing something offensively I see Gaunce heading down. Easily makes it thru waivers and maybe he can get some offense going down in the AHL. That's what should happen as Chaput is simply better than Gaunce. But who knows with this organization.

Likely that the team will never be totally healthy so maybe a moot point.

Yah Chaput looked terrible in the pre-season and I thought his start in Utica wasn't great. But he has looked a ton better since the recall (at least in comparison with others) Even Megna looked ok before his injury.

I would think Grenier (as inconsistent and as flawed as he is) would be called up before Arch. And who knows what's going on with Jake.

Thing is a shambles.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Unless he starts doing something offensively I see Gaunce heading down. Easily makes it thru waivers and maybe he can get some offense going down in the AHL. That's what should happen as Chaput is simply better than Gaunce. But who knows with this organization.

Likely that the team will never be totally healthy so maybe a moot point.

Yah Chaput looked terrible in the pre-season and I thought his start in Utica wasn't great. But he has looked a ton better since the recall (at least in comparison with others) Even Megna looked ok before his injury.

I would think Grenier (as inconsistent and as flawed as he is) would be called up before Arch. And who knows what's going on with Jake.

Thing is a shambles.

Gaunce isn't eligible for waivers so he doesn't need to pass through anything.

I don't think they send him down though, despite his play. If you are going to have AHL-level players on your 4th line you might as well have one young guy in there learning the ropes. Besides, I assume they want to get him his games so he's expansion draft eligible.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Winning a turtle derby basically saves Willie's job. Arizona looked to have this game in control but lagged badly in the 10 minutes following the awful Richardson injury and allowed us back into it.

- Markstrom over-committed on the 2-0 goal but was very solid for the most part. Is now somehow 5-3-1 behind this crap show of a team.

- Edler was the best player on the ice by a mile. Absolutely outstanding game from him. Absolutely brilliant even while carrying a rookie in his 8th game on a top pairing. Stecher is doing well enough and looks good in offensive situations but his defensive game and coverage down low needs significant work. Gets on the wrong side of his man far too easily in front of the net, and when you're that small to begin with it's a major problem.

- Hutton was far better, even without the nice OT winner. Looked more like the player from last year. Gudbranson trundled along ok.

- Tryamkin-Sbisa are somehow going pretty well. Expect the bubble to burst here because it defies logic, but they had a solid game.

- Sedins back producing after that long cold streak in October. Sutter is just ridiculously better as a winger. A speedy shoot-first winger with a good shot is a thing. A top-6 center with no offensive IQ isn't.

- Burrows continues to be excellent, is busting his tail every shift. Horvat was decent. Baertschi was a bit better but still way too on the perimeter.

- Granlund line was ok. Chaput did well there when inserted in 2nd half of the game.

- 4th line was excellent in the first period, then benched when Willie cut down to 3 lines to try and save his job.

5-1 OT record is completely unsustainable and hiding how bad this team actually is. Eking out a victory at home over the 30th place team is not exactly cause for celebration.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
- Sedins back producing after that long cold streak in October. Sutter is just ridiculously better as a winger. A speedy shoot-first winger with a good shot is a thing. A top-6 center with no offensive IQ isn't.

Agreed with everything else as well, but the Sutter/wing stuff is interesting. I remember some discussion awhile back about how you could use a Hansen on every line, if only you could replicate him. I do think the closest thing to a Hansen is Sutter on the wing, so I'll give them some credit for going back to this.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Actually watched this game at the bar. Was painful. Still, I can't get mad at Hutton scoring the winner on a penalty shot in ot.

2011 might as well be 1982 or 1994 now.

Sigh.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Agreed with everything else as well, but the Sutter/wing stuff is interesting. I remember some discussion awhile back about how you could use a Hansen on every line, if only you could replicate him. I do think the closest thing to a Hansen is Sutter on the wing, so I'll give them some credit for going back to this.
Hansen and Sutter are very similar players. Hansen a bit more physical Sutter a bit more versatile.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00