GDT: 11-14-15 Game #17 Sharks @ Sabres

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
As it turns out, Ward was the 2nd line's faceoff guy at least for today considering Marleau took 2 faceoffs to Ward's 8. He wasn't very good but I enjoy his whole pre faceoff game stick tap thing quite a bit.

He's been taking them all season I think. I know there were at least a few games with Hertl where they took about the same number. I assumed it was bc Hertl was a lefty and Ward a righty. Ward has the best FO% on the team (out of the guys who take them regularly).

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
If it wasn't for being the 2nd of a back to back, I would otherwise say the Sharks did not do so well in this game outside of Martin Jones and that one PK.

Sharks still lacking some killer instinct in the 3rd period. Who lets off the gas on a 1-0 game at that point?

I am also not likely DeBoer more and more as time goes on. Hopefully, he will figure it out and turn around in the near future. He's lucky that the Pacific has been weak so far that is allowing the Sharks to stay within striking range of 1st place. That will change.

Who gives the 1st star of the game to the losing team?

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
If it wasn't for being the 2nd of a back to back, I would otherwise say the Sharks did not do so well in this game outside of Martin Jones and that one PK.

Sharks still lacking some killer instinct in the 3rd period. Who lets off the gas on a 1-0 game at that point?

I am also not likely DeBoer more and more as time goes on. Hopefully, he will figure it out and turn around in the near future. He's lucky that the Pacific has been weak so far that is allowing the Sharks to stay within striking range of 1st place. That will change.

The home team announcers.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

I think the Sharks played a good game.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I have a theory of which I know I can't prove in any way, but I have a feeling that when you feel sick some of it is because of what your body does to itself to fight the virus instead of just the virus making you feel that way and that's why some people feel symptoms from the dead virus in a flu shot. The body recognizes it as a virus and even those it's dead the body reacts and cause some to feel like they have the flu.

It has to be something because too many people feel like they have the flu after a flu shot. I seem to feel some symptoms but nowhere near what I would feel having the real flu.

I honestly believe it's in some peoe's heads. I can understand Hockeyball's scenario because if you already have it in your system the shot will do nothing, but I know too many people who vehemently believe the flu shot itself gives them the flu.

That said, a flu shot isn't a 100% vaccine against the flu and some years It's less effective than others.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
I think the Sharks played a good game.

It was all special teams. All of the lines in 5v5 did not do all that well, particularly the top line which hardly generated SOGs. Buffalo is in the bottom third of the league for both GF/G and GA/G, which helps with the appearance.

Against majority of the teams in the league, this level of productivity would have likely resulted in a loss.

Sharks have not reached their potential as a team yet. Hopefully when Couture comes back, it will give the team an opportunity to reset and start playing as a team better.

Too much time and space is giving to other teams in the neutral zone as they advance the puck, and also on defense. Sharks don't see to press man on man much in these past seasons.

I've been wondering what defense does DeBoer favor but it seems like a soft zone system too much of the time. It gives the appearance that the Sharks are playing PK on 5v5.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
It was all special teams. All of the lines in 5v5 did not do all that well, particularly the top line which hardly generated SOGs. Buffalo is in the bottom third of the league for both GF/G and GA/G, which helps with the appearance.

Against majority of the teams in the league, this level of productivity would have likely resulted in a loss.

Sharks have not reached their potential as a team yet. Hopefully when Couture comes back, it will give the team an opportunity to reset and start playing as a team better.

Too much time and space is giving to other teams in the neutral zone as they advance the puck, and also on defense. Sharks don't see to press man on man much in these past seasons.

I've been wondering what defense does DeBoer favor but it seems like a soft zone system too much of the time. It gives the appearance that the Sharks are playing PK on 5v5.

I mean we were playing a b2b.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad