GDT: 11-14-15 Game #17 Sharks @ Sabres

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
brushes off shoulder well i'm sitting pretty at 2-0 when i am up and nearly 5:15 in the morning and make a GDT when i don't see one. i'm sorry if i stepped on any toes when i did this :P

Your avatar looks like a slight spoiler for me...

that aside, good job shorks. I need to keep listening to games on radio at work.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
The flu could still be going through the team BTW. Once that **** starts it's hard to keep from going around.

I dunno if it was the flu but one time, I got sick then I gave it to my sister so she was full blown sick while I was at the tail end of mine...and then she got me sick again.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Ah ****. I missed this historic game. How was everyone? Give the best and worst players please.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Ah ****. I missed this historic game. How was everyone? Give the best and worst players please.

Best: Vlasic once he figured out he can score
Worst: Honestly, no one. Maybe Goldobin. He was benched the entire 3rd period because he made a giveaway in the defensive zone.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Best: Vlasic once he figured out he can score
Worst: Honestly, no one. Maybe Goldobin. He was benched the entire 3rd period because he made a giveaway in the defensive zone.

Mueller seemed to have been benched in the 3rd too but he didn't deserve it.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I somehow missed GoldobYan's giveaway. Was the crime worth the punishment? He's looked so promising otherwise…

It was not even a giveaway really. A Sabres player basically cleared the puck from the neutral zone by launching it high in the air. It hit Goldobin just inside our zone and he could not track the puck which led to a breakaway and chance for the Sabres.

Outside of that I did not think he was noticeable either in a good or a bad way today. Similarly, Mueller was benched and I did not think he was noticeable either. I just think DeBoer got into a preserving lead mode and did not want to play the young players.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I haven't had the flu since I was 8. Get my flu shot every year.

I get the flu immediatly after getting the flu shot every year. I know it's just coincidence, because I understand how it works, but still... every freaking year within a weak.

Also, I have two young kids, and we spend a month and half recently cycling 3 different illnesses around the house. Little plague beasts.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
I get the flu immediatly after getting the flu shot every year. I know it's just coincidence, because I understand how it works, but still... every freaking year within a weak.

Also, I have two young kids, and we spend a month and half recently cycling 3 different illnesses around the house. Little plague beasts.

The only time I've had the "flu" in the past 5 or 6 years is the day or so after I've had a flu shot. It happened twice in the past 5 years (and each time I'd done it earlier too). So I don't get them anymore, even though I know that I can't get the flu from the vaccine. My doc didn't believe me for years but now they know that some ppl can have a flu-like reaction. It's not the flu but I'm really sick for a week or so.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I have a theory of which I know I can't prove in any way, but I have a feeling that when you feel sick some of it is because of what your body does to itself to fight the virus instead of just the virus making you feel that way and that's why some people feel symptoms from the dead virus in a flu shot. The body recognizes it as a virus and even those it's dead the body reacts and cause some to feel like they have the flu.

It has to be something because too many people feel like they have the flu after a flu shot. I seem to feel some symptoms but nowhere near what I would feel having the real flu.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Lol at winning two in a row after kind of getting our bottom six back.

hertl on the 3rd line makes it seriously legit

in other news ... vlasic's offense might actually be coming around. there may be some method to deboer's madness.

Last edited:

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
As it turns out, Ward was the 2nd line's faceoff guy at least for today considering Marleau took 2 faceoffs to Ward's 8. He wasn't very good but I enjoy his whole pre faceoff game stick tap thing quite a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad