GDT: 11-14-15 Game #17 Sharks @ Sabres

ScottyDont

Aug 30, 2010
Philly (<3 in SJ)
Goddamn nothing like OT wins!

Seriously though, how smart of a coaching move is it to bench two players in the 3rd in a back to back? Obviously it worked out... But damn, poor Mueller.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
****** game by Jones. Only a .968 SV%. :)

This is the one thing I think Jones can give us that Nemo could never. i.e win close games. I know Jones needs to get more consistent but he has the skill set to do it. First full-time year as a starter has had ups and downs for him but he has been better than Nemo was/is.

Nemo, BTW, has a .907 SV% and a 2.80 GAA so far this season. Jones has a .919 SV% and 2.21 GAA so far (before this game). The number(s) will improve for Jones after today.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Sharks are at their best when they can push the opposition to the permiter. Jones was awesome, got beat by a laser. Nice to win a couple games in a row!

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
According to war-on-ice, in an unprecedented turn of events, the top 6 got demolished possession wise while the bottom 6 weren't too shabby.

DefaultSharkie6

ZeHaHa, I am Darknes
Oct 8, 2011
Fremont
brushes off shoulder well i'm sitting pretty at 2-0 when i am up and nearly 5:15 in the morning and make a GDT when i don't see one. i'm sorry if i stepped on any toes when i did this :P

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
According to war-on-ice, in an unprecedented turn of events, the top 6 got demolished possession wise while the bottom 6 weren't too shabby.

I noticed the top lines would get a decent chance but buffalo would turn it around quick, but the bottom six did better at setting up in the zone.

Not surprising considering hertl and tierney are down there now.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Marleau on TV postgame interview:

- wasn't aware of the whole decade since their last Buffalo win thing until the coach said it before the game, they were overdue to get one in here tonight
- it's definitely end-to-end action in OT, if you lose the puck it takes a while to get in back, the Sharks were in their zone for a bit, got some loose pucks, gave it to Pickles, he took a hard shot that bounced over to Marleau
- definitely was a battle, they have some new young guys out there, Jack is a skilled kid, it's a different team and they work hard every night, the Sharks knew what to expect coming in
- they knew they had to keep their forecheck going, that's where they got some chances, give them credit - they came at the Sharks, got the goal, and had some time in the Sharks' end, but they bent and didn't break

Braun on radio postgame interview:

- [that last rush vs. Eichel?] little intense, he's got good speed, saw him make that move a couple times on NHL Network so knew it was coming, tried to keep him to the outside, he's a good player and will do a lot of good things in this league
- doesn't know Eichel personally
- turned around the PK the last few games, pretty good feeling, confidence that they'll get it done, guys buying in and blocking shots, nice to get a goal right after killing the 5-on-3
- good start to road trip, don't wanna be reeling for the next 4 games, every night's a new night, couple days off here and back at it
- Jones was great, he's been there for the Sharks most of the year, great feeling to have him back there keeping pucks out
- has a few buddies in Boston, hopefully will run into them, kinda like a second home after spending four years out there

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

That matches with the 'eyes' test as well. Pavs was off today. Did not help that line. The 2nd line has not been that good since Hertl moved down as #3C. Probably a combination of having Marleau play C and giving them Nieto or Goldobin as a winger, neither of whom are very good (and definitely worse than Hertl).

Hertl as #3C and moving Tierney to #4C (from the 3rd line) changes everything in the bottom-6

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Did Kurz not watch the game?

Goldobin deserved to be benched. He wasn't good tonight.

Mueller.... I have no answer for that one.

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
If sharks can just go 2-2 to finish the road trip we could be above .500 and probably sitting in or near top 3 in Pacific with Couture coming back

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
That he wasn't sure why Goldobin was benched and specuated it may have been.conditioning.

He was probably reading twitter comments during the first two periods instead of actually watching it.

:laugh: He always seems to be someone who always bases his opinions on twitter talk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad