GDT: 11/14/15 - Freeway Faceoff! Houston Aeros @ Dallas Stars - 7PM CT / 3AM Suomi - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
How many odd-man rushes Stars had before they scored? I think they had quite many and the fact that Wild couldn't even counter from those after Duby made saves is really weird.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
don't care if we win every single one, it's objectively terrible

if you want tired players + line changes to dictate winners... :help:

shootout isn't ideal, but at least teams had an even chance to win the game

No, it's your opinion that it's terrible. That makes it subjective.

And how about you come up with some ideas on how the Wild could play 3 on 3 more effectively? We see this after every overtime loss from you.

3 on 3 was born from a dislike of the shootout, which itself was born from a hatred of ties. That's where the NHL is going, and no amount of *****ing about 3 on 3 is going to get the NHL to change its mind when it has been overwhelmingly successful in reducing the number of shootouts in the league.

So, again, how about you come up with some comments on how the wild should play or commentary on how terribly they played during the 3 on 3 instead of just *****ing about 3 on 3 itself?

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I think they should get rid of the long change, but that's my only issue with it.

Eh, it's to increase the chance of someone being able to score. And it was implemented last year for OT as well as you remember.

Too bad they ditched the dry scrape before OT. That really improved the ice for it. So what if it added a brief mini-intermission?

I've seen a lot of teams pass it to their goalie if they are going for a line change during 3v3

That's something the Wild should think about doing, yeah. That way the goalie can cover if he's pressured, and once the line change is done he can try to snap a good lead pass out to someone in the neutral zone.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
No, it's your opinion that it's terrible. That makes it subjective.

And how about you come up with some ideas on how the Wild could play 3 on 3 more effectively? We see this after every overtime loss from you.

3 on 3 was born from a dislike of the shootout, which itself was born from a hatred of ties. That's where the NHL is going, and no amount of *****ing about 3 on 3 is going to get the NHL to change its mind when it has been overwhelmingly successful in reducing the number of shootouts in the league.

So, again, how about you come up with some comments on how the wild should play or commentary on how terribly they played during the 3 on 3 instead of just *****ing about 3 on 3 itself?

It's objective in the sense that it's by far the furthest thing from a fair / game representation ending to a game. You're taking out a 4v4 (which is fair and by far the best solution). After that, at least each team has a fair chance to shoot the puck in the shootout. It's like the NFL having an overtime with "first field goal wins". It's complete garbage and not fair. In a sport where puck battles and luck play a ton into where the puck goes, it's a terrible format.

At the very least, do 4v4 and then 3v3.. but going straight to 3v3 is like elementary school level bad. You don't go straight to 2v2 in NBA overtime, you don't go 7v7 in the NFL, you don't take out outfielders in the MLB, you dont whatever soccer whatever.

It's objectively a poor way to do it.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Eh, it's to increase the chance of someone being able to score. And it was implemented last year for OT as well as you remember.

And it's probably accomplishing it's goal, but you're also seeing guys trapped out there that are dead tired. Fresher players , better quality of play, IMO.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
One thing we should be doing more of in 3 on 3 is pulling up on a rush/play to reset our possession.

We seem to be too comfortable in making every possible rush into a scoring chance, rarely do we say "this isn't good enough" and pull the puck back out of the zone or loop back towards the blue line.

We end up with stationary players in front of the going for a screen or tip and the weakness of 75% of our players is their speed, causes us to lose races to the pucks.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
Look, you can complain about it all you want, but it's here to stay.

How about we talk about ways the Wild could play 3 on 3 better than just saying "3 on 3 is a joke"?

You got some ideas on how we could do better 3 on 3?

I am not so sure it is here to stay,quite a few players dislike it.

3 on 3 ot really comes down to who scores first on a 2 on 1 breakaway.The Wild (and most teams) are built to play 5 on 5 they will win some of these ot games but the best plan would be to win in regulation.Our best players Parise,Koivu,Vanek etc... are not really huge offensive threats in 3 v 3,Zucker and Haula have some speed that could be dangerous.

Alexandrov

Dec 5, 2011
So what kind of a scoring chance Pominville needs to be set up with before he can put the puck in the net? I mean it was inches from the goal line and one guy was able to deny him twice with a SKATE

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It's objective in the sense that it's by far the furthest thing from a fair / game representation ending to a game. You're taking out a 4v4 (which is fair and by far the best solution). After that, at least each team has a fair chance to shoot the puck in the shootout. It's like the NFL having an overtime with "first field goal wins". It's complete garbage and not fair. In a sport where puck battles and luck play a ton into where the puck goes, it's a terrible format.

At the very least, do 4v4 and then 3v3.. but going straight to 3v3 is like elementary school level bad. You don't go straight to 2v2 in NBA overtime, you don't go 7v7 in the NFL, you don't take out outfielders in the MLB, you dont whatever soccer whatever.

It's objectively a poor way to do it.

Again, it's subjectively a poor way to do it.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think we have all sorts of talent to put out there on a 3 v 3. All of our Dmen, with the exception of Folin and Dumba ( till he gets playing better) are great fits for it. Nino, Coyle, Zukcer , Haula( surprised he hasn't got out there yet), Koivu isn't a bad choice as long as the other guys have speed, Parise. I would even like Porter out there because he is fast and doesn't get beaten in puck battles.

Vanek is too careless with the puck for my taste... He would have to be surrounded with speed.

Poms and Bruce look so bad now I don't know what to say... I hope they don't drag down Vanek, now.

I would be fine having Scandella and Spurgeon out there at the same time.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib
Dubnyk on Scandella: "It’s a difficult time for him right now. We miss him when he’s gone, but we know some things are more important."

Have i missed something, what's going on with Scandella?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib
Dubnyk on Scandella: "It’s a difficult time for him right now. We miss him when he’s gone, but we know some things are more important."

Have i missed something, what's going on with Scandella?

No specifics. Missing time for 'personal reasons'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad