GDT: 11/14/15 - Freeway Faceoff! Houston Aeros @ Dallas Stars - 7PM CT / 3AM Suomi - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
They have the 3on3 fundamentals all wrong.

They are completely wrong, they play it like its 5 on 5. It is absolutely stupid to take any shot that isn't a sure goal.

And we seem content to try and beat guys 1 on 1 along the wall just so we can get a backhand shot on net from the goal line.

I'm serious when I say I think we should just hold on to the puck for 5 minutes behind our own goal.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
3 on 3 ot is a joke,a cheap gimmick,they might as well decide games with a coin toss,imo.

Look, you can complain about it all you want, but it's here to stay.

How about we talk about ways the Wild could play 3 on 3 better than just saying "3 on 3 is a joke"?

You got some ideas on how we could do better 3 on 3?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
They are completely wrong, they play it like its 5 on 5. It is absolutely stupid to take any shot that isn't a sure goal.

And we seem content to try and beat guys 1 on 1 along the wall just so we can get a backhand shot on net from the goal line.

I'm serious when I say I think we should just hold on to the puck for 5 minutes behind our own goal.

No shot is a sure goal.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

How about we talk about ways the Wild could play 3 on 3 better than just saying "3 on 3 is a joke"?

Just be smarter. That's pretty much it.

pabst blue ribbon

🇺🇦🤝🇵🇱
Oct 26, 2015
PG
just saw the first 3on3 for the wild. why does vanek not play on it? i know he isn't good defensively but on an all offense game situation wouldn't it be be
Better to play your best offensive player?
He isn't a fast skater either so I can see us not having lots of possession in a 3v3

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota

Thank you! It's like a broken record after every OT loss. If you dont like it, that's perfectly fine. But its here to stay. How about we focus on what this team has to do to be better at it, because they are the ones making it look silly. And again, there weren't many complaints when we won in overtime.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Dumba just isn't trustworthy back there. Brodin has to start contributing offensively, also. I think he's now our fourth best Dman after Suter, Scandella, and Spurgeon.

Folin is improving.

Poms and Granlund.... well... pretty sad.

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
I enjoy 3v3 since it's way more fun to watch than the shootout. The amount of hate it gets from a losing team's fans is ridiculous. It just seems that the Wild aren't really built for wide open hockey, which is fine. We'll be better when the playoffs start then.

Anyways, we got a point and kept the game tight against a high scoring team. I'll take it.

Let's move on to the next one.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
3 on 3 leagues are common now. No big mystery. Try and get an odd man rush, and get your changes in when you can...it's tiring. Also, no dump ins! Keep the puck, even if you have to go backwards with it.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
I mean we won our OT against the canes. No one whined about 3 on 3 that time.

don't care if we win every single one, it's objectively terrible

if you want tired players + line changes to dictate winners... :help:

shootout isn't ideal, but at least teams had an even chance to win the game

Killerjug

Feb 21, 2013
Seguin Benn and Klingberg is about as good as it gets for 3 on 3 not surprised at all they scored

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad