GDT: 11/14/15 - Freeway Faceoff! Houston Aeros @ Dallas Stars - 7PM CT / 3AM Suomi - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
So I just started watching the recap... it almost seems impossible that Pominville didn't score from 2 feet away, but it wasn't the best angle. Impossible to be more snake-bitten it seems.

Okay, they showed a better angle. Understandable I guess, but still.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm not mad. On the road, against a team that is going great. If we had Parise, and even Fonz, we'd match up better. They had lots of chances, but so did we.

-We need to work on our 3 on 3's.

- Doobs had his fourth good game in a row. Be still, my beating heart. That is VERY good news.

- Scandella and Spurgeon were really good.

- Koivu line still good.

- Porter is really playing well. Real trustworthy fourth liner. Haula was OK, too, as was Carter.

- Vanek is till playing well.

- Granlund keeps passing up shots in order to make the "perfect" pass. Except the passes don't work.

- the more I watch Poms, the more I think it can go on any longer... But it does! It's getting almost comical, sort of like Brodziak's goalposts.

We got a point. We're Ok!

Minny Lakes

Apr 4, 2013
We didn't hit 30 SOG again. Seems we haven't hit that mark much this year.

Russo just said in his post game blog that Scandella has an ailing father up in Montreal, so Marco was with him.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Stars top players > our top players. Seguin and Benn are better than any of our forwards and Klingberg is better than any of our defenders. Lehtonen, when he's on fire, is a top-10 goalie in the league.

Their top-end talent won this game for them today, doesn't matter what we do if we don't have the same kind of firepower.

Take the point and move on, it's a long season. We're still a top-10 team in the NHL even with injuries. Long season. Long.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
Stars top players > our top players. Seguin and Benn are better than any of our forwards and Klingberg is better than any of our defenders. Lehtonen, when he's on fire, is a top-10 goalie in the league.

Their top-end talent won this game for them today, doesn't matter what we do if we don't have the same kind of firepower.

Take the point and move on, it's a long season. We're still a top-10 team in the NHL even with injuries. Long season. Long.
I have to disagree Lehtonen is not a top 10 goalie that is why they signed Niemmi.Also Suter is better than Klingberg,Klingberg may score more but Suter is miles ahead of him defensively and has a better hockey iq.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Stars have more star power, but we have more depth. Their defense doesn't impress me. Klingberg is a good young dman, but Suter is still better than him.

Dubnyk, at this point, is not a worse goalie than Niemi/Lehtonen.

I did miss the game though.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
It was a fine game. Dubzy was really good. First line was really good, especially liked Nino's physical presence. He was everywhere. Haula's line was good, and he even earned an assist. It was a nice little pass to Scandella.

Granlund and his whole line was really really really bad more than 2 periods. No puck possession at all. Not a single good or even reasonable play. Or at least it felt like it. When Pommer missed the net once again, I think Haula was still there, not Granny.

Then looked like Granblum started to play later in the 3rd. I don't know is it that line just don't work, Vanek, Granny and Pominville. But when Carter took few shifts with G and P, Grönbürger started at least to do something. You know, like actually skate with the puck and give an easy pass or few.

May have been a coincidence too.

But it was a good and important point.

E: Or was it Porter? Carter/Porter whoever.

Last edited:

Eple

It ain't easy being
Mar 7, 2010
Turku
Not too worried, road game against red hot Stars, and we came up with a point. I'm satisfied all right.

I don't know how Stars have played in OT but I was pretty confident they'd come on top once regular time was up. Seguin, Benn, Klingberg is just silly. By the end of the year they could be considered the best players in their positions if they aren't yet. Stars are scary.

Eple

It ain't easy being
Mar 7, 2010
Turku
If Stars offered Klingberg for Suter, I'd take it.

Klingberg is better than Suter.

I'd rather have Suter on my d-line still, but considering their contracts amd age you gotta take Klingberg. Klingberg's contract could end up being the steal of the century.

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
So what kind of a scoring chance Pominville needs to be set up with before he can put the puck in the net? I mean it was inches from the goal line and one guy was able to deny him twice with a SKATE

I believe that skate belonged to Seguin if your talking about the play I think you are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad