GDT: 11/14/15 - 7:00PM EDT - Florida VS Tampa Bay

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I missed the 3rd period, but I see we got a heaping helping of Coop vs. Logic tonight.

AimForTopCheddar

trust the yzerplan
Feb 7, 2012
Calgary
I don't get why some of you guys are crying over this one so hard. We lost in a shootout...Everyone knows that s/os are basically coin tosses. It makes sense that Coop went with the hot hands.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Other than the ending it was a good game and I believe a step in the right direction. Brown and Namy played so well. However, Carle I am afraid is done, he was just horrible again.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I don't get why some of you guys are crying over this one so hard. We lost in a shootout...Everyone knows that s/os are basically coin tosses. It makes sense that Coop went with the hot hands.

This. There was no OMG obvious correct answer that would have guaranteed a win thus making Cooper a moron. Maybe we would have won with a lineup of Sustr, Condra, and Brown.

I'm already ready to write this season off. Nothing they've done instills me with any excitement or confidence.

I saw the team come back from a deficit twice to take a lead and only lost due to an unfortunately timed delay of game and lucky unintentional deflection. Not to mention they showed a lot more emotion with the scuffles, and crashed the net well. To me there was progress last night. Just gotta take the next one.

JedYzerman

Jan 8, 2011
Cocoa Beach, FL
I really wish the NHL would just get rid of the shootout, and just do 3v3 until someone scores. No time outs, No TV breaks. Nothing. You skate until you legs fall of and the goalie is just a pile of mush on the ice.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Anyway, I missed this one. We lost. To the Panthers. After leading a couple times. I think that's the big takeaway. Let's face it: the team is not as mentally strong as it was last year.

Last edited by a moderator:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Not really. He uses guys who do well in shootouts in their practices, which, in theory, would work, but it's one thing to perform in practice and another thing to perform when the game is on the line. I think that's why it's best to either go with your star players, or with guys who specialize in shootouts. Coop's shootout choices have ALWAYS been suspect, thus our ultra talented team doesn't do well in them.

Guys like Kuch and Stamkos should always be top choices for shooters. You want to depend on them. I don't mind the occasional odd ball choice, but Coop really overdoes it.

Also: How good does Luongo feel when he sees Brian Boyle coming down the ice? Probably a lot more relaxed than if he's looking at Stamkos.

Last edited:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Did you see Stamkos' PS attempt? Luongo would have been hella relaxed expecting yet another lame approach and shot.

I wish he would just skate in fast, pick a corner and slap it. Sure he might miss more often than not but it would be better than casually gliding to the side and not making much of a move or shot. If it's on net it's impossible to stop.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Did you see Stamkos' PS attempt? Luongo would have been hella relaxed expecting yet another lame approach and shot.

I wish he would just skate in fast, pick a corner and slap it. Sure he might miss more often than not but it would be better than casually gliding to the side and not making much of a move or shot. If it's on net it's impossible to stop.

I saw Boyle's too.

But I've also seen Stamkos win an All Star breakaway competition, not to mention he has something like 300 goals at age 25. He's always a better option than Brian Boyle. Sometimes the obvious choice is actually the right one.

But beyond Stamkos there's Kucherov and Johnson. Guys who've shown they can come through and win games for us, under huge pressure.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Apparently todays shootout practice was the first one they've done this season:

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Namestnikov cementing his position as a top 6 forward, Cooper working his development magic once again. Stralman's offense has been impressive so far. Good game overall, keep playing this way and good things will happen.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Namestnikov cementing his position as a top 6 forward, Cooper working his development magic once again. Stralman's offense has been impressive so far. Good game overall, keep playing this way and good things will happen.

I guess it's a good sign relative to where we are this season, but Florida is not a strong team, it's a team we should not have many problems beating and have done so many times in the past. They're 12th in the conference and played without Barkov, this should have been closed out in regulation.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I guess it's a good sign relative to where we are this season, but Florida is not a strong team, it's a team we should not have many problems beating and have done so many times in the past. They're 12th in the conference and played without Barkov, this should have been closed out in regulation.

Agreed but it was one of their better game in a long time possession wise, particularly in the last 2 periods we dominated IMO. We had 10 more scoring chances than Florida at even strength for example... Too bad Condra deflected that puck into his own net, it was deflating but I'm not overly concerned. Not yet at least.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Jesus, way to choke boys, I left for work last night while we were up 4-3 with like a minute left. This team eint making playoffs, can't even keep a lead/finish a game

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Stamkos is up to a -1 for the season. And it would be worse if he played PK.

PK doesn't factor into +/-. Considering how bad our offense has been, and how most of our scoring has come on the PP, this isn't shocking. If you're going to rag on him, at least do it right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad