Stralman 0/2 (0.0%)
Condra 0/2 (0.0%)
Killorn 0/1 (0.0%)

Jeff Tambellini 8/14 (57.1%)

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
This is a win without the ******** duo of Carle and Sustr and the stupid as **** penalty by Callahan at the end. I'll take a look at three of those guys before anyone.

This team just can't string a bunch of wins together. We'll be seventh in our division before too long.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
What is our lightning life time shoot record ?

Something very poor. I'm willing to wager about 65% our our all time wins came in 2005 and 2006. They were otherwise poor goaltenders but Holmqvist and Denis were nearly invincible in the shootout. In 2006 you could almost pencil in a Lightning win via shootout

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Something very poor. I'm willing to wager about 65% our our all time wins came in 2005 and 2006. They were otherwise poor goaltenders but Holmqvist and Denis were nearly invincible in the shootout. In 2006 you could almost pencil in a Lightning win via shootout

We also had Jussi Jokinen who was ****ing money in the SO.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
We also had Jussi Jokinen who was ****ing money in the SO.

Yeah but we had Mike Smith in net to counter that. The dude was the epitome of the 25% rule. If we won any more than 10 games with him in the shootout from 2007 to 2010 I will be very impressed.

Far and away the worst shootout goaltender I have ever seen

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
This is a win without the ******** duo of Carle and Sustr and the stupid as **** penalty by Callahan at the end. I'll take a look at three of those guys before anyone.

This team just can't string a bunch of wins together. We'll be seventh in our division before too long.

It wasn’t a great penalty to take but with the amount of **** penalties other guys have taken and he has helped killed the rest of the PKers should have killed it off and not let that goal in. He should have cleared the puck on FLA’s 1st goal though and not pushed the puck towards Bish but then again, you can blame Stamkos, Hedman, Boyle and Fil for not scoring on their penelty-/SO shots as well as all those who didn’t score during OT, there are also everyone who was out there for the other two goals FLA scored, we can be here all night pointing fingers but we won't get any out of it, let's see if the team learned something from this for next game whic is also against FLA, this was just one of those disappointing games which was very similar to the games we played last season where we scored a lot of goals but our D as well as Bish had an off night...we need to try and find a way to get both good 'O', good 'D' and good 'G'.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It wasn’t a great penalty to take but with the amount of **** penalties other guys have taken and he has helped killed the rest of the PKers should have killed it off and not let that goal in. He should have cleared the puck on FLA’s 1st goal though and not pushed the puck towards Bish but then again, you can blame Stamkos, Hedman, Boyle and Fil for not scoring on their penelty-/SO shots as well as all those who didn’t score during OT, there are also everyone who was out there for the other two goals FLA scored, we can be here all night pointing fingers but we won't get any out of it, let's see if the team learned something from this for next game whic is also against FLA, this was just one of those disappointing games which was very similar to the games we played last season where we scored a lot of goals but our D as well as Bish had an off night...we need to try and find a way to get both good 'O', good 'D' and good 'G'.

Dont have to defend Cally he was bad tonight. But after a game he was our best forward and got robbed of 2 points last game. **** Stamkos if he signs for over 10 million i will be pissed.

TBL12345

May 19, 2015
NY, NY

You're wrong. Someone look this up. I remember being so confident that we would be a beneficiary of the shoot out but being vastly disappointed and constantly losing, despite MSL, BR and VL4. I'm willing to wager we have never had a season where we are above .500 on the season.

Anyways, why in the world don't we use some combination of Kuch, Drouin, Johnson, Nammy, or, maybe, Stammer is unbelievable.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Looking at some stats, Jokinen was only 3 for 9 here. He was automatic in Dallas but iirc he went away from the 2 moves he had and tried something different that was less successful.

Brad Richards in 2006 though, going 6 for 9, that was the best

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Dont have to defend Cally he was bad tonight. But after a game he was our best forward and got robbed of 2 points last game. **** Stamkos if he signs for over 10 million i will be pissed.

How do you justify Callahan's contract then? His, proportionally, is way worse for the production he brings.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
You're wrong. Someone look this up. I remember being so confident that we would be a beneficiary of the shoot out but being vastly disappointed and constantly losing, despite MSL, BR and VL4. I'm willing to wager we have never had a season where we are above .500 on the season.

Anyways, why in the world don't we use some combination of Kuch, Drouin, Johnson, Nammy, or, maybe, Stammer is unbelievable.

Naw man we were ice in 2006. I remember it like yesterday. We went 10-2 for the record. Not unless I miscounted. Here's an actual schedule to look it.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/team_results.php?tid=55&sid=2007

I remember it so vividly because Denis and Holmqvist were MONEY in the shootout despite the fact they could let in a dump shot from the blue line. You could go all night against those guys and they wouldn't let one in. Not til Richards would storm in with a snipe job. I would always ask why couldn't they play like that during the game.

Our team took a **** once Mike Smith took over. I'll find the records then in a few minutes

Edit: 6-4 record in 2005

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How do you justify Callahan's contract then? His, proportionally, is way worse for the production he brings.

The entire team is down in production. Stamkos going off sides on a goal he scored is not helping.

anyway back on ignore you go., bye bye.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Lightning went 2-1 in SO's in 2007. No surprise we only played in 3 since we had usually lost the game by then.

3-10 in 2008

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/team_results.php?tid=55&sid=2009

4-7 in 2009, at one point we were 2-7

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/team_results.php?tid=55&sid=2010

There's much the bulk of the Mike Smith era here.

6-7 in 2010 for what it's worth.

This is why you had so little faith despite the great shooters. Smitty's career save percentage in shootouts is low .600's according to old sources

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I bet Brown scores some goals in practice too but that's because it's practice. Game situations against a goaltender you aren't intimately familiar with is completely different.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad