mPvQ8Qd.png

1RxwY8O.png

ofckOUz.png

Dv7sq52.png

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Let's keep it going. I want 3 or more goals. I don't even care if we let in 10 and lose. Just need the offense to keep rolling. Consistency is more important than a single win.

TBL12345

May 19, 2015
NY, NY
I wrote about this 3 weeks ago (I think in our first game vs. Detroit), and SFY touched on it before the Calgary game, which Cooper seemed to incorporate into the Calgary game strategy (and worked well in the first and for the latter half of the third), but we MUST continue to shoot from everywhere.

Since the start of the season, our team expected the magic to continue and make the perfect play every single shift. This just will NOT happen when the other team is giving us their best shot. Every single game we are facing an opponent who knows what we are capable of, and therefore, they are playing tight and defensively sound. If we try to play a finesse game and focus on making the perfect play, we will struggle to make the playoffs.

I HOPE Cooper is able to hammer the game plan home and not lose sight of what is crystal clear to any rationale hockey mind: We MUST make a conscious effort to play FAST, a north to south game, and get as many pucks to the net as possible. As is evidenced by the Kucherov to Johnson goal, when we play fast (right up to the line of recklessly fast), other teams cannot keep up with us. And it is in these moments that space is created and allows us to obtain those prime opportunities we desire. Also, when we get pucks to the net and create traffic out front, only good things happen.

Hope we see this sort of strategy and effort tonight.

Finally: Along with others, I have been clamoring for the Kucherov-Stamkos-Drouin combination since last season. It was a pleasant suprise to see it in the second period. I hope Cooper returns to it. I guarantee that if this combination is given a few games to work on chemistry, it will be one of the MOST dangerous lines in hockey - even more potent that TKO last season. Unfortunately, it makes too much sense for Cooper to stick with it.

Last edited:

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Back to back wins please! Stand Close has returned. WE need more of that from him. He used to get a lot of goals from rebounds and getting near that net.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Finally: Along with others, I have been clamoring for the Kucherov-Stamkos-Drouin combination since last season. It was a pleasant suprise to see it in the second period. I hope Cooper returns to it. I guarantee that if this combination is given a few games to work on chemistry, it will be one of the MOST dangerous lines in hockey - even more potent that TKO last season. Unfortunately, it makes too much sense for Cooper to stick with it.

I would go with 17-91-86 and 27-9-24

We seperated TKO have gotten a little better. Now totally seperate them to maximize both lines. Drouin gets top 6 time and everyone here is happy, lol.

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I seriously don't understand the point of playing a less talented version of Drouin with Stamkos instead of the actual Drouin.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I really don't mind 27-13-23. Just hope Coop gives them adequate time.

If Drouin plays < 10 minutes again, it's probably time to think about sending him down. For his own sake.

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Names is older so he wins.

Can't wait for Point to make the NHL so he can also play 10 minutes per game because he's the youngest. Maybe then Drouin can finally leave the bottom 6.

edit: Actually I think it's my fault. I changed my user title from #FreeDrouin last week and now he's in need of being freed again. Sorry Jo.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Since the start of the season, our team expected the magic to continue and make the perfect play every single shift. This just will NOT happen when the other team is giving us their best shot. Every single game we are facing an opponent who knows what we are capable of, and therefore, they are playing tight and defensively sound. If we try to play a finesse game and focus on making the perfect play, we will struggle to make the playoffs.

Couldn't agree with you more.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I really don't mind 27-13-23. Just hope Coop gives them adequate time.

If Drouin plays < 10 minutes again, it's probably time to think about sending him down. For his own sake.

Drouin was the only player with less than 10 mins last game. Has Drouin looked that bad since coming back from his injury?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
We have to be honest, last season we mostly played a good 1st period, the worst possible 2nd period and then we turned the game around in the last 5-10 minutes in the 3rd. We were never really a team that dominated more than a few full games here and there. Now "the bounces don't go our way" and suddenly Cooper and the team is acting all surprised.

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
^ He has ? I mean he started out well but he's sucked as badly as everyone else lately. That quote would have made sense last month but it doesn't work now. Then again I often think Cooper is a month behind on his decisions.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
Lol Cooper

P.S. I'm back from hiding. Let's hope Giraffe can build on that epic performance from Thursday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad