GDT: 11/13/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Buffalo

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
It feels like Foote is coming along pretty slowly, at least for how long we've touted him as our top prospect. I mean, even when he makes the NHL (two years from now?), it'll be a slow process. It could be another 2-3 years before he plays in the top pair or in the top-4. I mean, look what we're seeing with Sergachev. This is a long process for almost all defensemen. Once they get to the NHL, it's still a while before they become what we need them to be long-term. So the team could look radically different by then anyway.
When you are looking at Foote’s development, you have to factor in that because of his birthdate, he is in the AHL a year early. The rest of his draft class (not from Europe or already in the NHL) are still playing in juniors.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
When you are looking at Foote’s development, you have to factor in that because of his birthdate, he is in the AHL a year early. The rest of his draft class (not from Europe or already in the NHL) are still playing in juniors.

Yeah, for sure, but from the reports we've gotten over the past couple of years, he's yet to really wow anybody at camp. I'm going more by that. I just think he could be a longer-term project, even after he's in the NHL. We could be four or five years, easily, from seeing him in the top-4.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Yeah, for sure, but from the reports we've gotten over the past couple of years, he's yet to really wow anybody at camp. I'm going more by that. I just think he could be a longer-term project, even after he's in the NHL. We could be four or five years, easily, from seeing him in the top-4.

At camp, Foote showed occasional flashes of defensive brilliance but still looked so very raw and unfinished, especially in comparison to Cernak. I really don't think he's going to make that big of an impact/play regularly next season like some might be hoping but another season or two down the line. Cernak looked like a man playing amid boys during camp. Foote looked like one of the boys. Talented as heck, but still mighty young.

Rick Peckham on the call tonight.

Oh thank the Lord!! :phew: Did you see who's doing the color commentary?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
So it looks like Buffalo doesn't absolutely suck this season so maybe we'll beat them.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
LOL, Gourde does so many things that are awesome. The Saber had no idea Gourde was on him and suddenly he's in a fight for the puck.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad