lE1VOh7.png

nmJOEvn.png

IMaZg78.png

yZMOxcf.png

DQY29L7.png

Reactions: Sk8M8

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Buffalo has been sneaky good so far. TB cant sleep on them or they will get beat. Im happy they dont have ROR anymore though. He used to kill us.

Reactions: LonLon Lei

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Cernak playing with RM tonight, an intriguing pairing to say the least. Looking forward to seeing how it goes, could well be a pairing next season if we do not resign stralman.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
So... Which fringe NHL goalie/green goalie is going to shut us down tonight? Carter Hutton? Okay then.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Cernak playing with RM tonight, an intriguing pairing to say the least. Looking forward to seeing how it goes, could well be a pairing next season if we do not resign stralman.

That's interesting, since Cernak seems like a project for Hedman's partner long-term. I guess they're gonna try to shelter him a touch more in his first game, although I guess either of those guys would count as shelter, really.

Is it confirmed he's playing? Koekkoek out?

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
That's interesting, since Cernak seems like a project for Hedman's partner long-term. I guess they're gonna try to shelter him a touch more in his first game, although I guess either of those guys would count as shelter, really.

Is it confirmed he's playing? Koekkoek out?

IMO Foote will probably be Hedman partner long term depends how both Cernak and Foote continue to play for the rest of the season. Confirmed that Cernak is playing and probably seems a bit harsh on slater.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
IMO Foote will probably be Hedman partner long term depends how both Cernak and Foote continue to play for the rest of the season. Confirmed that Cernak is playing and probably seems a bit harsh on slater.

Koekkoek wasn't as good last game, so I don't mind. He's earned a little bit of trust now, so we'll see him in more often, I think.

Foote is probably still a couple of years away, it seems. I think he might wind up the guy with McDonagh, thus replacing Stralman. Cernak is more like a really good version of Dotchin, so I think he'll fit better with Hedman. Foote's more multi-dimensional, at least potentially.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Koekkoek wasn't as good last game, so I don't mind. He's earned a little bit of trust now, so we'll see him in more often, I think.

Foote is probably still a couple of years away, it seems. I think he might wind up the guy with McDonagh, thus replacing Stralman. Cernak is more like a really good version of Dotchin, so I think he'll fit better with Hedman. Foote's more multi-dimensional, at least potentially.

Seems a fair assessment on both players, haven’t really seen Foote much apart from the games last season with team Canada so don’t really have a huge input on who would most likely pair with Hedman. Would not be surprised if we are both wrong and we either get someone through a trade or FA:laugh:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Seems a fair assessment on both players, haven’t really seen Foote much apart from the games last season with team Canada so don’t really have a huge input on who would most likely pair with Hedman. Would not be surprised if we are both wrong and we either get someone through a trade or FA:laugh:

It feels like Foote is coming along pretty slowly, at least for how long we've touted him as our top prospect. I mean, even when he makes the NHL (two years from now?), it'll be a slow process. It could be another 2-3 years before he plays in the top pair or in the top-4. I mean, look what we're seeing with Sergachev. This is a long process for almost all defensemen. Once they get to the NHL, it's still a while before they become what we need them to be long-term. So the team could look radically different by then anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad