GDT: 11/13/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Buffalo

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
It's been goaltending as much as anything else. Buffalo's first goal is what shifted momentum for us to play poorly last night. We were pretty good until then, then just handed them the last ten minutes of the period. That first one wasn't completely goaltending. Just a weird play where the puck pinballed around the slot and landed on Skinner's stick.

Whats weird is the starts we have been having is not a lack of effort. We seem to jump out the gate pretty well but we seem to get that first goal scored on us and seems to be pretty quickly too. Its not like when we started slow those couple years ago and just looked like dirt doing it. We actually look like we are going to take the game over early and then let a goal early instead.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Ya I guess they ended up playing ok/ I’ll admit I was quick to judge
I think a few people had rough games. Point and Johnson didn't look great. Kucherov was crap for 59 minutes. Our fourth line didn't really do a whole lot. Dom completely lost focus on the second goal which obviously ended up costing us. Joseph wasn't as good as he had been prior either.

But as a whole, we got the better of the play by a pretty good bit. A fluke first goal and a soft second goal cost us, and their goalie played well, plus they painted on a few extra layers of paint so the post was extra effective. It sucks, but it happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->