Post-Game Talk: 11/12/19 | #16 penguins @ RANGERS

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Really happy about this game. Fox( as many have said) is a difference maker and continues to set himself apart from his peers. The guy can’t guy can skate with the puck, pass and see the game way better than any early stage NHL player we’ve had around this team in a LONG time! Really excited to see him develop.

I mentioned in his player thread burn I’ll say it here again. He’s got a lot of Brian Leetch in him.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Kaapo...

...and I cannot stress this enough...

...Kakko

You know what makes it better? That he has such an awesome name.

John Smith or (insert generic Canadian name here) just don't have the same wow factor. :laugh:

I had Kakko Fox Georgiev. We don’t win that game without Georgie. He was very good.

I thought Fox was a turnover machine tonight but players like him controlling so much of the play are going to do that from time to time.

it’s time to put Kakko with legit top 6 players. He’s ready.

Howden should be the 4th line center just go skate crash and bang your way to the net. But nothing more. Not at this point. Survive the next 2 games and hopefully Mika is back and we can move Strome to 3C
100000% agree with everything here.

Last edited:

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
When I first watched Fox a couple of years ago at the Canes rookie camp, I said he was the best player on the ice and was an elite passer of the puck. I was a bit hesitant to think this would translate to playing against NHL'ers but the transition has been seamless. He really does have elite vision.
The other thing that is becoming clear is that Lindgren is the kind of kid who isn't going to be denied. He competes and plays with an edge. I'm not one to beat up on Staal, but how can you take this kid out of the lineup?

Reactions: belford22 and Cag29

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Don't look now, but the team is at true .500 and 6-2-2 in their last 10.

Said from the beginning they'd be on the doorstep. Whether they sneak in and get the kids their first taste of PO hockey or they finish at the bottom end of the lottery and hope to the hockey gods for a Chicago-like draw, I'm good.
If Trotz was the coach we'd be 12-0-0 in that time.

Reactions: Leetch3

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Everyone going Gaga over Adam Fox and rightfully so but let’s not forget our just turned 24 year old other righty dman Tony D has 31 points in his last 40 NHL games. That’s a ridiculous number and looking like what he was doing in junior hockey. Oh and our other top righty dman is 25 years old and a horse. They all played give or take 20 mins tonight. I love it. 3 absolute studs.

back to Fox I was concerned about how his skating would translate to this level and if it would hold him back. I don’t know what the kid did but his skating is not even remotely close to a problem. In fact it’s looking like a strength. He added two more gears to himself easily. He can do whatever he wants out there.

I’ve advocated keeping Kreider and Strome and i do flip flop on it but the more I see actual elite future stars (rarified Air For Rangers fans) in guys like Tony Fox Kakko and maybe chytil, the more I think we better save our pennies for their pay days.

Reactions: Cag29 and Leetch3

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I also hope everyone (that didn't already agree with me) now sees why I've been such a fan of Lindgren and really wanted him up, even at the expense of Hajek. The guy just makes the right play Almost every single time.

he’s come a long way from where he was 6 months ago. Had a great camp deserves to be here for sure. Quinn seems shocked at how much better he is now. I am too. Wasn’t a big fan. His skill set has improved dramatically

unfortunately due to injury rykov who i really like is going to find himself on the outside looking in here.

Reactions: Leetch3

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Everyone going Gaga over Adam Fox and rightfully so but let’s not forget our just turned 24 year old other righty dman Tony D has 31 points in his last 40 NHL games. That’s a ridiculous number and looking like what he was doing in junior hockey. Oh and our other top righty dman is 25 years old and a horse. They all played give or take 20 mins tonight. I love it. 3 absolute studs.

back to Fox I was concerned about how his skating would translate to this level and if it would hold him back. I don’t know what the kid did but his skating is not even remotely close to a problem. In fact it’s looking like a strength. He added two more gears to himself easily. He can do whatever he wants out there.

I’ve advocated keeping Kreider and Strome and i do flip flop on it but the more I see actual elite future stars (rarified Air For Rangers fans) in guys like Tony Fox Kakko and maybe chytil, the more I think we better save our pennies for their pay days.

I think you are hitting on a lot of good points. I think one of the things that makes Fox seem fast is his ability to make quick decisions and, as soon as he gets the puck he moves up the ice without hesitation. Those 1 or 2 steps he takes before other have reacted makes him quick! That quick reaction speed and impressive first steps are really what sets him above the others on this team right now. It's also why Lias can't get himself past the 4th line. His first step is slow and his reaction time once he get's the puck is really slow.

Reactions: Kovalev27

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Skjei...damn....he is a guy that seems to always wait with the puck until he has two guys on him EVERY time . If he could even learn the flip....he would be a lot better then losing it every time along the boards...it is Staal like....hard to tell them apart . I hope he enjoys Seattle .

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Kakko 18 years old 16gp 8pts on Pace for 30 goals

Tony D 24 years old 16gp 14 pts on pace for 71 Pts (jesusssssss)

Chytilmania barely 20 years old 7gp 5pts on pace for 58 pts per 82 games.

Foxy 21 years old 16gp 8 pts (in his last 9) on pace for 40+ but my guess is that ppg pace will continue to trend upwards.

One and one more that we tend to forget since it feels like he’s been here forever.

Buchy 24 years old 16gp 14pts on pace for 71 pts.

That future is pretty friggen bright

Cag29

94! I’m ready for more! LGR!
Jul 18, 2018
Fox, Georgie and Kakko for me tonight.

Is Fox really a rookie? I'm serious. I don't think I've ever seen a rookie Dman play such a mature poised game as Fox does. He's been better than I ever thought. Wow are we blessed to have him going forward.

Kakko has officially emerged from his shell as he's been so much more confident lately with the puck.

And finally Georgie keeps on showing why he eventually will be THE MAN here in NY as he's easily the best #1A goalie in the league.

Man this W feels good....really good. Don't look now but our uber young team is sniffing a playoff spot as we speak...hmmmm....:)
Well worth the 2020 3rd rounder becoming a 2nd rounder. Gorton was aggressive and this one is paying off beautifully. Love the pairing of Fox and Lindgren! LGR!

Reactions: belford22

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Skjei...damn....he is a guy that seems to always wait with the puck until he has two guys on him EVERY time . If he could even learn the flip....he would be a lot better then losing it every time along the boards...it is Staal like....hard to tell them apart . I hope he enjoys Seattle .

He has an aggressive hockey instinct, always looking to make a play. Sometimes, flipping it to safety is the best play.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
had a huge 1st period and very quiet 2nd and 3rd. young team etc etc

Fox and Kakko <3

Lindgren with his best game as a pro imo

Chytil is lowkey incredible, if that's possible

Third line is horrible at ES. would prefer to break it up like yesterday

Reactions: jas

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
had a huge 1st period and very quiet 2nd and 3rd. young team etc etc

Fox and Kakko <3

Lindgren with his best game as a pro imo

Chytil is lowkey incredible, if that's possible

Third line is horrible at ES. would prefer to break it up like yesterday
It’s amazing what a few weeks in Hartford did for Chytil. He really hasn’t had a bad game since coming back up.

He has an aggressive hockey instinct, always looking to make a play. Sometimes, flipping it to safety is the best play.
He took a slap shot in the 3rd that...really just pissed me off. :laugh:

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Every single point in this game from rookies or veterans who are part of the future. Hopefully we get a high draft pick but you have to love a game like this. This was the best game of the season because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad