GDT: 11/12/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Calgary VS Tampa Bay

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
I liked the way several players faked shots and passes and made something happen as a result. We will score more if they make it a habit.
Also, a little confidence developing. Hopefully we can string a few games together and step forward.
We can still have a great season if we just get rolling soon. The Rangers last year were also 8-8 and went on to the best record in the NHL.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Oh man that sucked, Cally deserved a goal after playing so well.

He has been our best player the last two games, it sucks he has nothing to show for it in these last 2 games. But think Coop will be keeping on the top line for awhile. If Stamkos got a stick on that puck would of been a goal, and if he was not off sides would of been a goal. You have to throw out the boxscore and see the plays and efforts and that is important.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think our defense has been better this year overall. We just aren't scoring enough goals. This will come. I feel like we have been over emphasizing defense and thinking we will just get goals since we scored the most goals last year. It's still the nhl and difficult to score goals last I checked and they had found out the hard way. Good to get a win. Was a little worried about it slipping away like our past games.

It has been better. Last year we were prone to massive blunders that, more often than not, wound up in the back of our net. This year we've been a lot steadier in our own end. We've just had no goal support at all.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He has been our best player the last two games, it sucks he has nothing to show for it in these last 2 games. But think Coop will be keeping on the top line for awhile. If Stamkos got a stick on that puck would of been a goal, and if he was not off sides would of been a goal. You have to throw out the boxscore and see the plays and efforts and that is important.

He has no chemistry with Stamkos. I don't understand why we took him out of a situation where he was excelling (3rd line) and put him, yet again, back into a situation where he doesn't have a lot of success (next to Stamkos).

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Yay multiple goals. Yay return of Stand Close. Yay TyJo goal. I only watched the last 10 minutes but they were good minutes lol.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Definitely liked that we didn't sit on our 1 goal lead late in the 3rd and kept going, with Johnson scoring to put the game out of reach. Hopefully this is the start of us turning things around at home with 4 of our next 5 being in Tampa.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He has no chemistry with Stamkos. I don't understand why we took him out of a situation where he was excelling (3rd line) and put him, yet again, back into a situation where he doesn't have a lot of success (next to Stamkos).

Dude, who on this team really has a lot of chemistry with Stamkos? The only player I see a better option is Kucherov, and Coop is not taking him away from Johnson. You put Drouin back up there and things will happen with DSC.

Last edited:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
we are back go bolts this is the team i love second period im like why the hell is coburn and sustr on pk when goal is allowed i dont like carle much but garrison carle is much better option then end of period sustr has best shift of his career and in 3rd honestly showed heart jumped at exactly right times had maybe best game of his career stamkos pp goal and kucherov finding that old chemistry with tyjo yep we are back this is a game that we were looking for to get that confidence jump in step back and its happened now things will get easier moving forward very good game glad to see the hard work paying off

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Kucherov is the best forward on this team.
Like Stamkos but Yzerman is not blind and I'm starting to doubt that he wants to sign a 65-point player for 11 M.$

In my mind I'm starting to get ready for farewell

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Kucherov is the best forward on this team.
Like Stamkos but Yzerman is not blind and I'm starting to doubt that he wants to sign a 65-point player for 11 M.$

In my mind I'm starting to get ready for farewell

My thoughts as well. Yzerman has proven again and again to me that he is not blind. And he has no Problem with unsexy decisions. I would be utterly surprised if we sign him for more than 9m by now. Otherwise there would have already been a contract IMO.
Stamkos isn't exactly making a good case so far this season to get more money than his current play (aka since his injury) would deserve and that is certainly not more than 9m.

Anyways I am okay with whatever Yzerman does outside of signing Stammer for more than 9m.

c_robio

Feb 3, 2006
Dude, who on this team really has a lot of chemistry with Stamkos? The only player I see a better option is Kucherov, and Coop is not taking him away from Johnson. You put Drouin back up there and things will happen with DSC.

I would say Killorn does

We have a logjam at LW/C and at RW we have two top 6ers (One who is an elite grinder in a spot where we should have a playmaker) and two guys that are probably best on the 4th line with the depth of the team

Gusev also appears on the way next season and is also a LW. He'd probably start on the 4th line with Boyle and Condra/Brown, but that forces Namestnikov and Paquette up the lineup even more

With the C depth I think moving someone to RW and having a strong top 9 would be the way to go

c_robio

Feb 3, 2006
My thoughts as well. Yzerman has proven again and again to me that he is not blind. And he has no Problem with unsexy decisions. I would be utterly surprised if we sign him for more than 9m by now. Otherwise there would have already been a contract IMO.
Stamkos isn't exactly making a good case so far this season to get more money than his current play (aka since his injury) would deserve and that is certainly not more than 9m.

Anyways I am okay with whatever Yzerman does outside of signing Stammer for more than 9m.

He may sign in that range if he really wants to stay. It would still be what Ovechkin and Crosby make, but on the open market he will get over 10 easily because of his marketability

Maybe he pulls a Crosby and signs for 9.1M to keep some caproom and help keep the core together long term

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
We should move a left-handed playmaker to right wing. Last time that happened, magic was created.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I would say Killorn does

We have a logjam at LW/C and at RW we have two top 6ers (One who is an elite grinder in a spot where we should have a playmaker) and two guys that are probably best on the 4th line with the depth of the team

Gusev also appears on the way next season and is also a LW. He'd probably start on the 4th line with Boyle and Condra/Brown, but that forces Namestnikov and Paquette up the lineup even more

With the C depth I think moving someone to RW and having a strong top 9 would be the way to go

It won't really matter after this season anyway.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I can't get too excited about beating Calgary but at least we didn't screw that up. Hopefully they bring some fire for the Panthers game tomorrow. I'll be there!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Killorn has good chemistry with him. So does Drouin. We haven't tried a whole lot of right wingers because we keep putting Callahan there. Callahan has had his best moments on other lines, which is sad, because he's spent 85% of his time in TB next to Stamkos. I get that you want him to be a first-liner, but he's not helping the team as much as he could because 2/3 of his line can't handle the puck in traffic and have connected on about 8 tape-to-tape passes since October 2014.

They're NOT good together. They're never going to be good together. So why not put Callahan in a position where he's actually helping the team? Just about ANYBODY could play 1RW and have as much chemistry with Stamkos as Callahan does. But at least we'd have Callahan putting in good minutes on a lower line.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We should move a left-handed playmaker to right wing. Last time that happened, magic was created.

Killorn-Stamkos-Drouin was probably our best Stamkos line last year, for the two games or so it was used. There was a point where it seemed like Coop was transitioning Drouin to a RW.

I don't get why we don't have a playmaker on that side. We tried Flip, but Flip and Stamkos are like oil and water because of the speeds at which they operate, but even so, at least Filppula found Stamkos a time or two with a pass.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Sustr did not look like old Sustr wonder what caused the change? I hope he brings the new guy next game.

Carle looked worse than old Carle. Lucky he didn't cost us a goal.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Killorn has good chemistry with him. So does Drouin. We haven't tried a whole lot of right wingers because we keep putting Callahan there. Callahan has had his best moments on other lines, which is sad, because he's spent 85% of his time in TB next to Stamkos. I get that you want him to be a first-liner, but he's not helping the team as much as he could because 2/3 of his line can't handle the puck in traffic and have connected on about 8 tape-to-tape passes since October 2014.

They're NOT good together. They're never going to be good together. So why not put Callahan in a position where he's actually helping the team? Just about ANYBODY could play 1RW and have as much chemistry with Stamkos as Callahan does. But at least we'd have Callahan putting in good minutes on a lower line.

Yeah you probably have a point, I mean Stamkos was with him and cost him a goal last night, literally. lol. So yeah. I would like though to see Drouin paired up with Cally again. Think they work very well together. If on a 3rd line, no pressure, do you agree? Not sure who to center, would be Flip, unless he *gulps* goes back up with Stamkos. Maybe a line of Drouin - Vladdy - Cally? That could be successful. Drouin and Vladdy playing with him will only help their game get better on both ends of the ice.

I would however like to see Kucherov moved up with Stamkos and Drouin or Killorn on LW. That current 2nd line was ok last night, they had the Johnson goal but still were kinda off here and there for parts of the game. When Palat gets back you put him with Johnson and Callahan. I think the TKO line has been shelved for now and have to find two strong scoring lines and not just one line.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Yeah you probably have a point, I mean Stamkos was with him and cost him a goal last night, literally. lol. So yeah. I would like though to see Drouin paired up with Cally again. Think they work very well together. If on a 3rd line, no pressure, do you agree? Not sure who to center, would be Flip, unless he *gulps* goes back up with Stamkos. Maybe a line of Drouin - Vladdy - Cally? That could be successful. Drouin and Vladdy playing with him will only help their game get better on both ends of the ice.

I would however like to see Kucherov moved up with Stamkos and Drouin or Killorn on LW. That current 2nd line was ok last night, they had the Johnson goal but still were kinda off here and there for parts of the game. When Palat gets back you put him with Johnson and Callahan. I think the TKO line has been shelved for now and have to find two strong scoring lines and not just one line.

you could have stopped there in bolded

i for one love this line and would love drej cally tyjo as the second

i really thought all the struggling id see drouin stamkos clutch at this point

tyjo and kucherov that play changed everything though they are gonna get hot again so unsure if we will get to see ugly stammer kuch anytime soon lol

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Yeah. If we're breaking up TKO, why not really break it up?

17-91-86
27-9-24

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Just makes too much sense to have our best playmaking wings on a line with an elite goal scorer for it to actually happen. There's no straw to stir the bounces in our compete drink 110%

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Yeah. If we're breaking up TKO, why not really break it up?

17-91-86
27-9-24

I would love to see those lines. Kucherov with Stamkos just sounds too good to pass up and I think that second line could be really good too. Drouin and Callahan fill up the same roles Palat and Kucherov did but will it work as well? Lets see!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad